Options

Dr. Woo-Suk Wang, Disgraced Scientist

likepilateihaveadoglikepilateihaveadog Posts: 1,083
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
Besides having the worst "translated" name of all time, Dr. Wang tried to clone some mammoths.

Idiot.

:D

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science/07/25/skorea.disgraced.ap/index.html
Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I'd like a cloned mammoth. It could do my bidding.
  • Options
    sourdoughsourdough Posts: 579
    Bad idea. Ecological disaster, unless they clone the sabre-tooth tiger to keep the mammoth population in check :)
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    I'd like a cloned mammoth. It could do my bidding.

LOL, "do my bidding"... GOLD!
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    sourdough wrote:
    Bad idea. Ecological disaster, unless they clone the sabre-tooth tiger to keep the mammoth population in check :)

I'll take one of those too. I've got a ton of deer in my backyard strutting around like they own the place.
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Why is this such a bad thing? They genetically alter frogs and stuff to make them glow like radioactive glass. There is also that group Genetic Savings and Clone that will clone your dead cat for you.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    btw, if my name was Yoo-Suk Wang, I don't think I'd be a doctor ;)
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Why is this such a bad thing?
    Ever see Jurassic Park?

Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • Options
    Ever see Jurassic Park?

Yea, that's a hot vacation spot!
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Why is this such a bad thing? They genetically alter frogs and stuff to make them glow like radioactive glass. There is also that group Genetic Savings and Clone that will clone your dead cat for you.

Holy shit! I don't know if I'm impressed or horrified.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

That is so weird. Could you imagine having a cloned pet? You know that its personality would have to be slightly different.....very Pet Cemetary.
  • Options
    That is so weird. Could you imagine having a cloned pet? You know that its personality would have to be slightly different.....very Pet Cemetary.

I saw a TV spot on it a couple of years ago. A woman had her cat cloned and said it was almost exactly the same. However, environmental effects will cause it to be different, that is undisputed.
  • Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    Ahnimus wrote:
    btw, if my name was Yoo-Suk Wang, I don't think I'd be a doctor ;)
    What would you be? One of the many tranny hookers I spotted while in San Fran?
  • Options
    What would you be? One of the many tranny hookers I spotted while in San Fran?

lol, I don't know. That's not exactly what I was thinking, but close enough.