Options

Let me just say this about Palin.....

acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
edited September 2008 in A Moving Train
Since the begining I have been for McCain, but now this Palin?
Here is the problem I have with her.

She is a mother of five kids who does not have any experience what so ever, and God forbid McCain died while we are at war with TWO different countries.....How the hell is this woman gonna run the show????
No fucking way could this woman do that, no fucking way.
NOW who the fuck do I vote for????
I am totally screwed and its not right.
Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
Sweep the Leg Johnny.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-
    ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-
    ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.

(that's for wanting to vote for McCain)

:D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-
    ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.

(that's for wanting to vote for McCain)

:D
    SMACK! right hook to your face ;)
    Jackass.
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    RiderRider Posts: 125
    Obama/Biden is looking pretty good to me....McCain lost all credibility with that desperation VP bid to Palin. No way she is ready to be president. Poor judgement by McCain, if he got that wrong what else would he blow?
    We all walk the Long Road...

Charlotte & Raleigh Lollapalooza 1992, Charlotte Memorial 1996, Tibet Freedom Concert 1998, Raleigh & Greenville 1998, Greensboro 2000, Raleigh & Camden 2003, Asheville 2004, Camden 2006, DC 2008, Atlanta 2012  Charlottesville 2013, Charlotte 2013
     Greenville, (XRaleighX) and Hampton 2016, London Hyde Park, Quebec City and Ottawa 2022, St Paul (hopefully) 2023
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    SMACK! right hook to your face ;)
    Jackass.
    thanks!!! :) you hit girls, huh?
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    thanks!!! :) you hit girls, huh?
    LOL....oh sorry, I hope you recover, it must have been the buldge in your pants. :D
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    digsterdigster Posts: 1,293
    I don't want to wish bad things on McCain or Palin because despite their politics they don't seem like horrible people, but I'm hoping many people see through the ludicrousness of this VP pick and come to the same conclusion you did.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122

She is a mother of five kids who does not have any experience what so ever, and God forbid McCain died while we are at war with TWO different countries.....How the hell is this woman gonna run the show????

Well since the World's New Order is on the line I gather we better start calling for the best Nannies out there.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options

You could vote for another candidate that isn't a Democrat (ie, a "third party candidate").
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • Options
    edpearson wrote:
    You could vote for another candidate that isn't a Democrat (ie, a "third party candidate").

"Go ahead! Throw your vote away! Ha Ha Ha Ha!"

-Kang (I think)

(everyone calm down, only a simpsons reference)
  • Options
    digster wrote:
    "Go ahead! Throw your vote away! Ha Ha Ha Ha!"

-Kang (I think)

(everyone calm down, only a simpsons reference)
    It maybe from the Simpsons but its sooo true.
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    The point of third-party candidates has been (for a while now) to continue to build support every election until there comes a time where they are serious contenders and the race becomes a 3-way. It's not throwing your vote away if you believe what the candidate stands for. Throwing your vote away would be not voting at all.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • Options
    Novawind wrote:
    The point of third-party candidates has been (for a while now) to continue to build support every election until there comes a time where they are serious contenders and the race becomes a 3-way. It's not throwing your vote away if you believe what the candidate stands for. Throwing your vote away would be not voting at all.

Despite my Simpsons quote before, I agree. I would love to see more third-party candidates, and more diversity only makes things stronger, not weaker. My problem is with the prominent third-party candidates. Despite my strong distrust of candidates, I can't call myself a libertarian, and despite his good work in the past, I feel like Ralph Nader is only in races these days due to his own egotism. That's not something I can vote for. I need a candidate that inspires me.
  • Options

I think it definitely speaks to the choices he will make while filling out his cabinet. If he made a purely political move and appointed her for reasons other than her fitness to be a VP, what other bad appointments will he make? This is right up there with the silliest/most irresponsible of Bush appointments.

I was voting Obama before this happened, for a lot of reasons. Now I'm really fucking afraid NOT to, for reasons I never imagined...lol.
  • Options
    digster wrote:
    Despite my Simpsons quote before, I agree. I would love to see more third-party candidates, and more diversity only makes things stronger, not weaker. My problem is with the prominent third-party candidates. Despite my strong distrust of candidates, I can't call myself a libertarian, and despite his good work in the past, I feel like Ralph Nader is only in races these days due to his own egotism. That's not something I can vote for. I need a candidate that inspires me.

As an example, I would have voted for Ron Paul if he were still running.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • Options
    Novawind wrote:
    As an example, I would have voted for Ron Paul if he were still running.

True, although his social positions (i.e. typically Republican) give me pause.

I feel that I, and anyone else, should vote for who they think is the best candidate for President. I don't agree with anyone who states that people should vote for a third-party candidate, simply because they were third-party.

As an aside, I must say that the Ron Paul campaign supporters that I met during my work for the Obama campaign were complete assholes. I worked during a time when both the Republican and Democratic nominations were still in flux, and there were campaigns working EVERYWHERE, jockeying for space and for signs, etc. Overall, everyone was respectful, even the Obama and Clinton campaigns (and this was when they were at the height of their antipathy). But Republicans, Democrats, everyone left well enough alone. Except the Ron Paul supporters. They'd go out in the middle of the night and pull up campaign signs and hide them, just so the other campaigns couldn't advertise. They'd send out misinformation about people's voting sites, hoping to get their own candidate higher numbers. I worked for two and a half weeks, and the Ron Paul campaign was completely fucking shady and shameless, and definetely turned me off of the campaign.
  • Options
    Well I just said I'd vote for him. Anyone really involved in political campaigns:

1) has a little extra free time on their hands
    2) really believes in their candidate, sometimes too zealously

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • Options
    Novawind wrote:
    Well I just said I'd vote for him. Anyone really involved in political campaigns:

1) has a little extra free time on their hands
    2) really believes in their candidate, sometimes too zealously

True, it was really just a story. I met more than my share of Obama and McCain assholes on my time working for the campaign also.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Rider wrote:
    Obama/Biden is looking pretty good to me....McCain lost all credibility with that desperation VP bid to Palin. No way she is ready to be president. Poor judgement by McCain, if he got that wrong what else would he blow?

yup
  • Options
    Rider wrote:

Yeah... people can argue that Obama isn't ready, and it is true that he doesn't have a lot of experience. But, for the last 18 months during this ridiculously long campaign, he has surrounded him self with some very smart and experienced people, and his knowledge about all aspects of foreign policy, economics, etc., haa to have increased exponentially during this time. Palin on the other hand, up until Friday, has pretty much done next to nothing to get prepared for the VP.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln