Options

I'm all for fighting Islamic extremism but this is wrong..

jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
edited October 2007 in A Moving Train
pakistan (or anyone) can't go bombing villages indiscriminately. all this does is enrage more people and kill many innocent ones.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071009/ap_on_re_as/pakistan_violence

The attack on Epi village in North Waziristan tribal region killed dozens of militants and civilians — deaths that are likely to harden domestic opposition to President Gen. Pervez Musharraf's alliance with Washington.

The bazaar was crowded with people buying food to break their daylong Ramadan fast when it was rocked by a dozen explosions that destroyed shops and nearby homes, residents said. Abdul Sattar, a grocery shop owner, said he counted more than 60 dead and more than 150 wounded, including many civilians. Many of the victims were mutilated.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Shouldn't the US just go get them where ever they hide?
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    Shouldn't the US just go get them where ever they hide?

no
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    jlew24asu wrote:
    pakistan (or anyone) can't go bombing villages indiscriminately. all this does is enrage more people and kill many innocent ones.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071009/ap_on_re_as/pakistan_violence

The attack on Epi village in North Waziristan tribal region killed dozens of militants and civilians — deaths that are likely to harden domestic opposition to President Gen. Pervez Musharraf's alliance with Washington.

The bazaar was crowded with people buying food to break their daylong Ramadan fast when it was rocked by a dozen explosions that destroyed shops and nearby homes, residents said. Abdul Sattar, a grocery shop owner, said he counted more than 60 dead and more than 150 wounded, including many civilians. Many of the victims were mutilated.

I have said that for a long time. All this does is continue the cycle of violence. Killing a handfull of innocent civilians in order to take out one terrorist is useless. You may have killed that one or two terrorist but you created a handfull of new recruits.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:
    I have said that for a long time. All this does is continue the cycle of violence. Killing a handfull of innocent civilians in order to take out one terrorist is useless. You may have killed that one or two terrorist but you created a handfull of new recruits.

I've said the exact same thing many times here on the MT, unfortunately that logic seems to fall on deaf ears around here. So get ready for perpetual war....
  • Options
    I've said the exact same thing many times here on the MT, unfortunately that logic seems to fall on deaf ears around here. So get ready for perpetual war....

fallen on deaf ears? where have you been posting? no one will disagree with mamma's statement.

should we fight islamic extremism? yes. should pakistan bomb villages? no.
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    jlew24asu wrote:
    fallen on deaf ears? where have you been posting? no one will disagree with mamma's statement.

should we fight islamic extremism? yes. should pakistan bomb villages? no.

While the majority of people on this message board would agree with my statement I believe that the majority of people in this country would see it as the ends justifying the means. You know collateral damage.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Pakistan... one assassination away from becoming the Next Taliban... and the next Taliban will inherit tested Nuclear Capabilities and delivery systems.
    Tell me again... WHY are we shovelling hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars and advanced weapons systems to them?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    I'm for fighting all religious extremists, let's start with the ones here at home it would be cheaper and would show the world how serious we are. :D
    the Minions