Options

“Cheney’s fondest pipe dream” ....War with Iran

13»

Comments

• Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    fuck, people. I know bush said we needed to go into Iraq cuz of WMDs. but thats NOT why we are still there. thats all I'm saying.

Do you not see parallels between what the bushies said about Iraq, and what they're now saying about Iran ? The IAEA has serious doubts about what Bush et al are saying......so who ya gonna believe ?
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    it has everything to do with Iran, not Iraq.

...it was the very reason for it, so it still has everything to do with the current situation.

lesson learned: do not go against international will and pre-emptively attack a country for alleged WMD, because if WMD do not turn up, international opinion will be irrepairably damaged, and you may be drawn into a war you cannot win.....man I hope that lesson has been learned.

hmmm....what exactly would have constituted a "win" in this war anyway?

ah - a bit slow on that one :D
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    Do you not see parallels between what the bushies said about Iraq, and what they're now saying about Iran ? The IAEA has serious doubts about what Bush et al are saying......so who ya gonna believe ?

I believe the IAEA 100%. I hope they handle the situation without bush getting involved.
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    ...it was the very reason for it, so it still has everything to do with the current situation.

lesson learned: do not go against international will and pre-emptively attack a country for alleged WMD, because if WMD do not turn up, international opinion will be irrepairably damaged, and you may be drawn into a war you cannot win.....man I hope that lesson has been learned.

I don't want war with Iran as much as you don't.
  • Options

The whole thing is just so sad. This optional war will end up costing 5000 dead, 30,000 injured, lost integrity, and almost a trillion dollars. America, you're gettin' fucking reemed. And even worse is what the Iraqis themselves are going through.
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    I don't want war with Iran as much as you don't.

I know, you've always made that clear, and I hope you voice that opinion as much as possible.

I dont' get how you always manage to set yourself up as the defender of indefensible positions....without actually defending them. :D
  • Options
    The whole thing is just so sad. This optional war will end up costing 5000 dead, 30,000 injured, lost integrity, and almost a trillion dollars. America, you're gettin' fucking reemed. And even worse is what the Iraqis themselves are going through.

The saddest part is it may just be the beginning of all the fun in the middle east....it's not ending any time soon....and may well get much worse before it gets any better.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122

.......going through this war from day to day for generations to come. I'm sure they won't be taking this lightly. Two years from now Mr Bush and co. will be sitting back with a cold one watching those who will be left with cleaning this mess up.

I wonder seriously where he has seen himself done some success in his foreign policy agenda? Oh I know his oil buddies and his Vice has profiteered tremendously with the war in Iraq and again with the upcoming war in Iran.

Man this sucks. :o

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    I'm astonished by the priorities of Americans. They freak out if income tax goes up by even a miniscule amount - but spending a trillion dollars for a useless war is OK. WTF ??!!!
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    I'm astonished by the priorities of Americans. They freak out if income tax goes up by even a miniscule amount - but spending a trillion dollars for a useless war is OK. WTF ??!!!

I think because one hits Americans in their pockets and the other doesn't it's like Monoploy paper money. I mean we can send over 12-20 billion on pallets in cash for the Iraqi people. Then 12 billion of it dissappears you know this near trillion dollars is looked upon as paper.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    OpenOpen Posts: 792
    g under p wrote:
    War with Iran seems almost a certanity as the Lieberman-Kyl’s Iran amendment passes.

Listen to Sen. J. Webb of VA as he speaks on “Cheney’s fondest pipe dream”.

Peace

Our country has officially not only been kidnapped, but now has a knife at it's throat. Unbelievable, well not really.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    jlew24asu wrote:
    I dont have proof but do you think Iran is not bringing weapons into Iraq to kill americans and destabilize the country? Iran could avoid any problems if it allows inspectors and agrees to a 100% transparent nuclear program. for some reason they dont want to do that.

or that they are not funding hezbolla? I was under the impression they are openly doing this.

In that case, why arent't we planning to invade Israel?
  • Options
    OpenOpen Posts: 792
    If you look at what has happened any country that's been a threat to Israel or Saudi Arabia has had a target on it. Israel and Saudi Arabia have benefited the most from Iraq and will do so in Iran if it happens. And of course Haliburton, Blackwater, KBR, etc.....
  • Options
    angelicaangelica Posts: 6,053
    Fear my friend. People feel the terror and the darkness within, and, well, they feel compelled to "give it away". It's not them, they tell themselves, it's all because of someone "out there". They will pay any cost, including ultimate self-destruction, in order to deny the darkness within.
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

http://www.myspace.com/illuminatta

Rhinocerous Surprise '08!!!
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Byrnzie wrote:
    In that case, why arent't we planning to invade Israel?

oh steve, you know israel is our friend. for now. :rolleyes: besides they are the only civilised people in that shitty region. look at them, they're almost like us. ;):)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say