“Cheney’s fondest pipe dream” ....War with Iran

Comments

• jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118

IRAN IS COOPERATING WITH INSPECTIONS AGAIN!
    But we wouldn't know that, since they don't report REAL news in America.
    Only what they want you to know!

:(

this is the exact reason why I think war will be avoided. If Iran cooperates with the IAEA, there is no reason to go to war. no country in the world would support bush/cheney if that happened. nor would its people. and bush is only in office a short time and doesnt have time to prepare for an invasion and then leave it to a new american president.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    jlew24asu wrote:
    it's not. no one is saying it is.
    i'm done talking to you. you make me sick

mission accomplished. ;):p
    dont get pissed off at me cause your government is screwing you over.
    not once have i said tis okay for anyone to be doing any killing. but the way you go on you seem ignorant of the fact that when you invade a soveriegn nation there's a chance they have friends that feel the need to help resist that invasion.
    and to top it off you're rather indignant about it all, as if i've slighted you personally.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • jlew24asu wrote:

we didnt invade Iran, we invaded Iraq. why is it ok for Iran to interfere?

when you look at the premise for the invasion.....and the fact that it has been debunked, and the occupation continues....and the fact that it was an illegal invasion, with no international support......and the US has called Iran a part of the axis of evil and has massive armies right next door to Iran...now the US is using the same tactics to gain support for strikes against Iran (fear of WMD).....I would have to ask the opposite - Why ISN'T it ok for Iran to interfere?

and I can't believe you called cate "hunny". I dont' know if I should laugh or call you names....
    mission accomplished. ;):p
    dont get pissed off at me cause your government is screwing you over.
    not once have i said tis okay for anyone to be doing any killing. but the way you go on you seem ignorant of the fact that when you invade a soveriegn nation there's a chance they have friends that feel the need to help resist that invasion.
    and to top it off you're rather indignant about it all, as if i've slighted you personally.

like I said, I'm done with you. you are advocating its ok that Iran assist in killing the evil occupiers. you have given a few reasons as to why. and then you run and hide..."well im not saying its ok to kill anyone".....yes you are. you want the last word? take it.
    when you look at the premise for the invasion.....and the fact that it has been debunked, and the occupation continues....and the fact that it was an illegal invasion, with no international support......and the US has called Iran a part of the axis of evil and has massive armies right next door to Iran....I would have to ask the opposite. Why ISN'T it ok for Iran to interfere?
    i'm done talking about this. I dont support Iran attacking US troops in Iraq. period. you or cate or anyone else is not going to convince me otherwise so drop it.

and I can't believe you called cate "hunny". I dont' know if I should laugh or call you names....

what the fuck are you talking about?
  • jlew24asu wrote:

whoooaaa slow down hunny. I dont have proof because I have never been there......

Did we hit a nerve jlew?

I don't get it.....it only makes sense for Iran to interfere.
    It sounds like you're crying "it's not fair".
    Did we hit a nerve jlew?

I don't get it.....it only makes sense for Iran to interfere.
    It sounds like you're crying "it's not fair".

:D I guess I did. sorry cate hunny.
  • jlew24asu wrote:
    i'm done talking about this. I dont support Iran attacking US troops in Iraq. period. you or cate or anyone else is not going to convince me otherwise so drop it.

No one asked you to support it. I don't support it. But from Iran's viewpoint, it only makes sense. You asked why it was ok for Iran to interfere, I asked why not.....There are two sides to it, as per....
    jlew24asu wrote:
    like I said, I'm done with you. you are advocating its ok that Iran assist in killing the evil occupiers. you have given a few reasons as to why. and then you run and hide..."well im not saying its ok to kill anyone".....yes you are. you want the last word? take it.

im not the one running and hiding.
    i am advocating defence, nothing more. why shouldn't someone help the iraqis. that's all i'm saying. the US and pals shouldn't get an easy ride in iraq. they should have expected resistance. and what do you know..? they're getting it.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    No one asked you to support it. I don't support it. But from Iran's viewpoint, it only makes sense. You asked why it was ok for Iran to interfere, I asked why not.....There are two sides to it, as per....

if it only makes sense for them to do it. why dont they openly say it. why the denial. you think they are doing the greater good by killing americans right? get the evil occupiers out of Iraq
    im not the one running and hiding.
    i am advocating defence, nothing more. why shouldn't someone help the iraqis. that's all i'm saying. the US and pals shouldn't get an easy ride in iraq. they should have expected resistance. amd what do you know..? they're getting it.

defense? why is Iran defending Iraq? they arent doing it for the greater good of Iraq. they are doing it for the greater good of themselves.

much the opposite for your cute example of france. france helped america become a country. not take it over.
    jlew24asu wrote:
    defense? why is Iran defending Iraq? they arent doing it for the greater good of Iraq. they are doing it for the greater good of themselves.

much the opposite for your cute example of france. france helped america become a country. not take it over.

i didnt mention france. i would never mention france knowing how sensitive you americans are. ;):p

so you're iranian now are you? you know their mindset do you? or is it that those people are the all same?

the greater good of themselves. well isn't that the pot calling the kettle black. LMAO.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • i didnt mention france. i would never mention france knowing how sensitive you americans are. ;):p

so you're iranian now are you? you know their mindset do you? or is it that those people are the all same?

the greater good of themselves. well isn't that the pot calling the kettle black. LMAO.

lay off the sauce.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • I smell hypocrisy, and its got nothing to do with Iran. Jlew, you live in an irony-free world.
    i didnt mention france. i would never mention france knowing how sensitive you americans are. ;):p

o sorry that was meme :p its simple, we disagree. you seem to believe Iran is trying to help Iraq. I don't
    jlew24asu wrote:
    :D I guess I did. sorry cate hunny.

not a problem baby. ;):p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    jlew24asu wrote:
    o sorry that was meme :p its simple, we disagree. you seem to believe Iran is trying to help Iraq. I don't

i know we disagree. just like you probably think the US was liberating iraq for the greater good. but perhaps i misjudge you. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    lay off the sauce.

attack the opinion. not the person.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    i know we disagree. just like you probably think the US was liberating iraq for the greater good. but perhaps i misjudge you. :)

I dont think we invaded for the greater good but I think we are staying for it. but that has yet to be seen. war isnt over yet.
  • jlew24asu wrote:
    if it only makes sense for them to do it. why dont they openly say it. why the denial. you think they are doing the greater good by killing americans right? get the evil occupiers out of Iraq

Because if they admit it, they'll get bombed back to the stone ages. That's what they're trying to avoid....and now that I think about it, it's working. It seems that no matter what they say or do in regards to their nuclear program (and Iraq set a precedent for this, don't forget), the US will not believe them. So maybe they think the only way to stop the invasion at their border is to turn the US public against the war by making it as bloody as possible?

...and you're right, they're supposedly getting involved for selfish reasons....self-defense.
    I don't think any of the killing is for the greater good. But I do think that the US is the agressor here...I find it hard to fault Iran for pre-emptive car bombs when the US pre-emptively destroyed most of Iraq with air strikes, and is constantly threatening to do the same to Iran.
  • I smell hypocrisy, and its got nothing to do with Iran. Jlew, you live in an irony-free world.

Some prefer an imaginary world. To each their own i guess. ;)
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Some prefer an imaginary world. To each their own i guess. ;)

Ya, those mountains of WMD were definitely in the abstract. But carry on, you're having great "success" in Iraq.....
  • jlew24asu wrote:
    I dont think we invaded for the greater good but I think we are staying for it. but that has yet to be seen. war isnt over yet.

What difference do you think it will make for the US to leave now or in two/three years?

I dont know how the US staying longer is going to change the result of their pullout...Short of genocide / mass exodus, or a very strong-arm government being set up and backed while they're there - I don't think it will. Don't really see the "greater good" there, it's pretty much what started this whole mess in the 80's.
    What difference do you think it will make for the US to leave now or in two/three years?

I dont know how the US staying longer is going to change the result of their pullout...short of genocide / mass exodus....or a very strong-arm government being set up and backed. Don't really see the "greater good" there, it's pretty much what started this whole mess in the 80's.

I really dont know what difference it will make. maybe in that time Iraq can become united and stop killing each other.....in that time the US will help train and kill foreign fighters who enter the country.....

has yet to be seen.
    Ya, those mountains of WMD were definitely in the abstract. But carry on, you're having great "success" in Iraq.....

WMDs have nothing to do with the current situation in Iraq. hasnt mattered for years now.
  • jlew24asu wrote:
    WMDs have nothing to do with the current situation in Iraq. hasnt mattered for years now.

do you really have that short a memory????
    look at what is drawing us closer to war with Iran!
    It has EVERYTHING to do with the current situation.
    do you really have that short a memory????
    look at what is drawing us closer to war with Iran!
    It has EVERYTHING to do with the current situation.

it has everything to do with Iran, not Iraq.
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    jlew24asu wrote:

WMD's is what brought us to Iraq or was it Saddam and th control of oil in Iraq/

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• jlew24asu wrote:
    it has everything to do with Iran, not Iraq.

Dude, please tell me you're getting professional help.
    Dude, please tell me you're getting professional help.

fuck, people. I know bush said we needed to go into Iraq cuz of WMDs. but thats NOT why we are still there. thats all I'm saying.