Options

Bush on Iraq link to terror

aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
edited September 2006 in A Moving Train
BUSH: "There -- it's -- you know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror. I believe it. As I told you, Osama bin Laden believes it."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtTU3qZJr98
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    spongersponger Posts: 3,159
    Yeah, that came out wrong. The man is linguistically challenged, so says some psychologist on some show I was watching a few weeks ago. When he said those words, he was referring to the dangers of leaving a huge power vacuum in Iraq if US troops were to leave without first seeing to the establishment of a stable and secure government. Obviously, the initial reasons for the invasion of Iraq have little to do with the war on terror.
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    BUSH: "There -- it's -- you know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror. I believe it. As I told you, Osama bin Laden believes it."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtTU3qZJr98

Who voted for this guy?
    I will never understand it as long as I live. Then again, Britney Spears has sold 30 million records and American Idol is the top rated show on TV.
    I should be too surprised.
    "Sean Hannity knows there is no greater threat to America today than Bill Clinton 15 years ago"- Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    What a load of bullshit! just goes to show how uneasy these kind of questions make him. and the comparison of Bin Laden to Hitler?? he really oughta do some research, such an idiot.
  • Options
    I heard on the radio today regarding a poll taken last week in the U.S.. 45% of Americans still think that Saddam had something to do with 9/11.
    American eyes, American eyes....
    View the world from American eyes
    Bury the past, rob us blind
    And leave nothin behind

Just stare
    Relive the nightmare
  • Options
    My goal is this thread is not to make excuses for Bush or anything, because yeah, links between Saddam and terrorism aren't exactly robust.
    But usually people default to knocking Bush's lack of intelligence (actually, people can be poor with language and still have average or even high IQs), or comparing him unfavorably to presidents who speak more clearly or more eloquently. Is it elitist to think that a president should be more intelligent (or better spoken) than the average American? Or is it pragmatic?
    Bush has this "everyman" vibe about him, which probably serves to enhance his popularity, even as his poor policy decisions serve to decrease it.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Watch the whole interview.....he tells Katie Couric that we were attacked on 9/11 because we weren't in Iraq....and we haven’t been attacked since, because we are in Iraq. The man is delusional!!!

That is just like me saying that before 9/11 I never ate Captain Crunch cereal and we were attacked. But, since 9/11, I eat a hearty bowl of Captain Crunch every morning, and we haven't been attacked since.
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    My goal is this thread is not to make excuses for Bush or anything, because yeah, links between Saddam and terrorism aren't exactly robust.
    But usually people default to knocking Bush's lack of intelligence (actually, people can be poor with language and still have average or even high IQs), or comparing him unfavorably to presidents who speak more clearly or more eloquently. Is it elitist to think that a president should be more intelligent (or better spoken) than the average American? Or is it pragmatic?
    Bush has this "everyman" vibe about him, which probably serves to enhance his popularity, even as his poor policy decisions serve to decrease it.

let say you have a choice to work a two different jobs...

boss #1: a smart, well-spoken person who is clear in his/her expectations, seems open to ideas, overall, a seemingly intelligent person...

boss #2: can't clearly speak his/her mind, not open to ideas or free-thought, appears to be a dolt, who can't really tell you what you'll be doing, but he's a "everyman" who is likeable but simple...

who sounds better....?
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    let say you have a choice to work a two different jobs...

boss #1: a smart, well-spoken person who is clear in his/her expectations, seems open to ideas, overall, a seemingly intelligent person...

boss #2: can't clearly speak his/her mind, not open to ideas or free-thought, appears to be a dolt, who can't really tell you what you'll be doing, but he's a "everyman" who is likeable but simple...

who sounds better....?

The United States hasn't had a president that fits #1 in nearly 60 years.