Options

I'm a coffee addict...can i sign in?

frank_blackfrank_black Posts: 156
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train

Comments

• Options
    surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    And people wonder why Vancouver has the bad drug problem it has??? When there's people in charge who think it's a good idea to give addicts more drugs.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    surferdude wrote:
    And people wonder why Vancouver has the bad drug problem it has??? When there's people in charge who think it's a good idea to give addicts more drugs.
    Psychedalics aren't addictive, you can't overdose on them, and tolerance issues often work in reverse (meaning it takes less subsequent times to get the same effect). The only real harm it can do you is having a scary trip which is no harm at all really.

They were used a long time ago in therapy and psychology sessions for that exact purpose (as late as the 1950s) and they were very effective.

People need to get over themselves about the anti-drug issues. Educate yourself for gods' sake. Some hear the word "drug" alone and freak out. Plus the anti-depressants and other prescription drugs these people would be given do incomparibly more harm to them than these psychadelics.

Edit: I'm not sure if they were ever used to ween people off addictions, I got that mixed with psychology treatment. It soudns like a terrific idea. I'd love to see the results they get.

""I say this as a treatment so it is under very ritualistic and therapeutic conditions. It helps people understand who they are and leads to a process of self examination and recovery."" - That's what I've been talking about. Psychologists said it could help people get through years of therapy in a matter of hours.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    I've done more than enough of them. I also know enough people who are addicts and in general they have an ability to get addicted to the most non-addictive things. It's more than the drugs, it's the way they are wired. Introducing drugs that can do big damage with long-term use is not a good idea to a person with an addictive personality.

I have no problem with drugs as part of therapy for a person without addictions.
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    surferdude wrote:
    I've done more than enough of them. I also know enough people who are addicts and in general they have an ability to get addicted to the most non-addictive things. It's more than the drugs, it's the way they are wired. Introducing drugs that can do big damage with long-term use is not a good idea to a person with an addictive personality.

I have no problem with drugs as part of therapy for a person without addictions.
    I know what you're saying, which only makes me more interested to see if they get any good results from it. :)

"Make our day"
  • Options
    I know what you're saying, which only makes me more interested to see if they get any good results from it. :)
    Fine, but can the tests be done in your town. Between the free heroin experiements, the legal shoot up and crack pipe clinics we have more than enough drug problems in Vancouver.
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    surferdude wrote:
    Fine, but can the tests be done in your town. Between the free heroin experiements, the legal shoot up and crack pipe clinics we have more than enough drug problems in Vancouver.
    Well I don't think they'd just pump someone full of acid (or whatever they decide to use) and send them out on the street. I'd expect it to be done in a controlled environment. If it shows good results maybe give it a little public use and see where it goes from there.

"Make our day"