Options

Please read

browneyedgrlbrowneyedgrl Posts: 39
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-weigel4aug04,0,4455692.story?coll=la-opinion-center

Please read this article. It states the realities of a country few people care about except for the wrong reasons and of a dictator who does not deserve any respect.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    veritasveritas Posts: 31
    viva fidel
    riot act is best

cunts watch their bodies
  • Options
    veritasveritas Posts: 31
    cuba has fidel
    iran has ahmadinijad
    venezuela has chavez
    Bolivia has that indian cat
    the US has bush

why the citizens of a nation support thair whacked leaders is beyond me and you to understand

iviva la revolution!
    riot act is best

cunts watch their bodies
  • Options
    If Bush was not our president, would we still have a wacked leader in the US? Who would you recommend to succeed him?

My point is there are many people who DEFEND Castro...and I am speaking of those outside of the island. You can grow up in a place where you are spoonfed a certain idealism and you do not know there is a world outside of your own, it could not be expected of you to believe in anything else separate from that which has been instilled in you 24/7. I do not blame Castro supporters in Cuba who were born under his regime and know only of him as their leader. I blame people who are ignorant enough to believe that Castro has done ANYTHING worthy for the people of Cuba. The article gives just 5% example of some of the atrocities he has done. He had the power when he first took over Cuba to have created a better place, without any US influence or involvement. Instead he chose to deprive, deprive, deprive and destroy.

I would love to know how with so much information out there about the true way Cubans live, of how all the perks Castro speaks of being figments of his perverse imagination, people still DEFEND him and call him the lesser of so many evils. I do not understand it.

I have spoken with friends in Cuba just two days ago who are AFRAID, who know that their neighbors are intently awaiting any slip of the tongue in reagrds to their feelings on the situation in order to inform state security. They are afraid, not that they will be called an ass or harrassed, but much worse. That they will lose their job, or worse be reported and placed in prison for "anti-revolutionary" acts.

Yes the US is f***** up and our president may have a handful of flaws, worthy of hating him for, but you can damn well speak your mind in this country along with a truckload of other things that we take for granted.