Options

oh, 'liberal', how far you have fallen

El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
edited November 2008 in A Moving Train
it's a pretty sad state...do you even realize that many of you have become nothing more than a cliche of closed mindedness? many of you have become exactly what you said you hated about bush supporters how some of you attack anyone who doesn't like 'your guy' and put down everyone who didn't vote for him by calling them names like 'paultards'....yet, i don't call you sheeple just following along even though that's exactly what some of you are

you're acting like little children
standin above the crowd
he had a voice that was strong and loud and
i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
eager to identify with
someone above the crowd
someone who seemed to feel the same
someone prepared to lead the way
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    saveuplifesaveuplife Posts: 1,173
    El_Kabong wrote:
    it's a pretty sad state...do you even realize that many of you have become nothing more than a cliche of closed mindedness? many of you have become exactly what you said you hated about bush supporters how some of you attack anyone who doesn't like 'your guy' and put down everyone who didn't vote for him by calling them names like 'paultards'....yet, i don't call you sheeple just following along even though that's exactly what some of you are

you're acting like little children

amen.
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    Any one who would follow one party blindly is a fool, in my book. What I find with a lot of liberals and conservatives is that they instantly denounce any ideas or policies brought forth by the oppossing party. They never open themselves up to consider that the idea, policy, etc may actually have merit.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    FiveB247xFiveB247x Posts: 2,330
    People in our society have become so over-sensationalized by broad sweeping generalizations and arguing, that they prefer to denounce the other side before there's any reason too. It's important to "win" some imagery arguement and be correct, than it is to help fix our nation - no matter who's running it.
    mammasan wrote:
    Any one who would follow one party blindly is a fool, in my book. What I find with a lot of liberals and conservatives is that they instantly denounce any ideas or policies brought forth by the oppossing party. They never open themselves up to consider that the idea, policy, etc may actually have merit.
    CONservative governMENt

Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a law-breaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. - Louis Brandeis
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:

i know and it's funny how it works the other way, like all the 'progressives' who suddenly didn't think the patriot act was that bad and suddenly were pro-nuclear power b/c their messiah supports them or how someone saying 'time will tell if obama is an uncle sam or an uncle tom' is sooooo racist but obama saying he lost a primary b/c the voters clinged to their guns, religion and are anti-immigrant is the holy truth and perfectly fine...their team can do no wrong, they are only concerned w/ being on the winning team but they don't realize it's supposed to be about working together and listening instead of automatically shutting everyone else out and attacking them
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    KannKann Posts: 1,146
    Before each side (liberals vs. the rest of the world) gets excited you maybe want to wait Obama takes actions which actually have real consequences. Then fallen liberals will be easier to spot, and some Obama supporters may discover, like for any other politician, they disagree with his choices. But I'd wait for more than a week after his election and the huge sense of relief Obama voters probably feel before calling them on their (potential) hipocrisy.
  • Options
    Kann wrote:
    Before each side (liberals vs. the rest of the world) gets excited you maybe want to wait Obama takes actions which actually have real consequences. Then fallen liberals will be easier to spot, and some Obama supporters may discover, like for any other politician, they disagree with his choices. But I'd wait for more than a week after his election and the huge sense of relief Obama voters probably feel before calling them on their (potential) hipocrisy.

seeing some still call ppl 'paultards' and the other petty attacks was enough for me
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    FiveB247xFiveB247x Posts: 2,330
    Why can't people recognize that when you direct your comments at the other side in this manner, you're actually proving the point that mammasan and I made? You're guilty of acting just like the people you're complaining about. This has nothing to do with candidates or parties, it's about people acting hypoctrical.
    CONservative governMENt

Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a law-breaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. - Louis Brandeis
  • Options
    saveuplifesaveuplife Posts: 1,173
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    FiveB247x wrote:
    Why can't people recognize that when you direct your comments at the other side in this manner, you're actually proving the point that mammasan and I made? You're guilty of acting just like the people you're complaining about. This has nothing to do with candidates or parties, it's about people acting hypoctrical.

Except that I'm not a stark-raving, conspiracy-theory-believing LUNATIC!!! You can't have an intelligent discussion with someone who has no grasp on reality. You can't ignore them. That only makes the problem worse. These people are the equivalent of an intellectual STD.

If anything, the Paultards are the sheeple.
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    El_Kabong wrote:
    seeing some still call ppl 'paultards' and the other petty attacks was enough for me

Have there been "many" liberals that have used the term "paultards"?

I don't think there were many folks around here that have.

I don't have the stats to back it, but, based on most of what I've read the past week or so ... there is a greater percentage of people who don't support Obama calling him "the messiah" or "the one" and people calling his supporters "sheep" than anyone calling Paul supporters "paultards" ...

Both are wrong ... I just don't think I've seen such a HUGE amount people using the term "paultards" ....

edit - excluding the guy who just posted above me :rolleyes: ...
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    Have there been "many" liberals that have used the term "paultards"?

I don't think there were many folks around here that have.

I don't have the stats to back it, but, based on most of what I've read the past week or so ... there is a greater percentage of people who don't support Obama calling him "the messiah" or "the one" and people calling his supporters "sheep" than anyone calling Paul supporters "paultards" ...

Both are wrong ... I just don't think I've seen such a HUGE amount people using the term "paultards" ....

edit - excluding the guy who just posted above me :rolleyes: ...

of course there's a lot of ppl saying that about obama, but after how the bush supporters acted for the past 8 years you expect it, you don't expect it from the other side.

and there may be few ppl calling ppl paultards but it's not just that, it's the belittling attitudes against anyone who didn't vote for obama. take a look at the nader threads for example
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    This thread is kind of like a big circle jerk.
  • Options
    godpt3 wrote:
    Except that I'm not a stark-raving, conspiracy-theory-believing LUNATIC!!! You can't have an intelligent discussion with someone who has no grasp on reality. You can't ignore them. That only makes the problem worse. These people are the equivalent of an intellectual STD.

Why because they don't agree with you, they have different ideas and solutions to the problems facing us today.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    godpt3 wrote:

while i didn't support ron paul why are his supporters sheeple? i didn't see any paul supporters post for years how bad the patriot act was and how they didn't want nuclear power only to start posting the patriot act isn't so bad and nuclear power is a pretty good idea b/c paul supported it (which i don't know if he did, i at least don't think he supported teh patriot act)
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    both sides are full of it, but i noticed my anti-war thread is currently on its way to page 2 with barely a response... like its ok now that Obama is in charge.
  • Options
    brandon10brandon10 Posts: 1,114
    The original poster and others seem really messed up to me. You are the ones lumping a few into one group and generalizing. So some idiot called you a "Paultard" get over it.

I for one have strongly supported Obama. Do I agree with all his policies and decisions? Definitely not. Did I argue till I was blue in the face my reasons for supporting him? Yes I did.

Get over yourself and your hatred for Obama and hope he does the things we need to get moving in the right direction.

I voted for him and will accept full responsibility if he doesn't get us out of Iraq or makes other poor decisions in the middle east.

So until any real action can start, you need to calm down. I think you are the one that thinks he is a magical messiah and can reverse all the worlds problems with a wave of his magic wand.
  • Options
    brandon10 wrote:
    The original poster and others seem really messed up to me. You are the ones lumping a few into one group and generalizing. So some idiot called you a "Paultard" get over it.

I for one have strongly supported Obama. Do I agree with all his policies and decisions? Definitely not. Did I argue till I was blue in the face my reasons for supporting him? Yes I did.

Get over yourself and your hatred for Obama and hope he does the things we need to get moving in the right direction.

I voted for him and will accept full responsibility if he doesn't get us out of Iraq or makes other poor decisions in the middle east.

So until any real action can start, you need to calm down. I think you are the one that thinks he is a magical messiah and can reverse all the worlds problems with a wave of his magic wand.

no one called me a paultard b/c i didn't suppor tpaul, so i don't need to get over it. my point is all the petty attacks against anyone, nader, paul, barr, mckinney....

i'm just saying i saw many of these ppl complain about the very same attitudes w/ the bush supporters so they shouldn't be doing the same

and obviously i don't think obama will reverse all the worlds problems otherwise i would have voted for him
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    no one called me a paultard b/c i didn't suppor tpaul, so i don't need to get over it. my point is all the petty attacks against anyone, nader, paul, barr, mckinney....

i'm just saying i saw many of these ppl complain about the very same attitudes w/ the bush supporters so they shouldn't be doing the same

and obviously i don't think obama will reverse all the worlds problems otherwise i would have voted for him

Well, while you may think the left has fallen, I think it has finally risen.

Now is OUR time to get behind OUR president and push him and motivate him to fulfill OUR goals. I'd say there is far more opportunity for us now than there ever has been.
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673
    brandon10 wrote:
    Well, while you may think the left has fallen, I think it has finally risen.

Now is OUR time to get behind OUR president and push him and motivate him to fulfill OUR goals. I'd say there is far more opportunity for us now than there ever has been.

Left,right, middle...whatever.

The point is, Obama has picked Rahm and Biden, both are bad choices and show zero progress. Look at his advisors!..and ross?

Unless the Patriot act, the Iraq war, blind support of Israel and a list of other things are positive...

Yeah, risen? Rise up and hit your head, fall back down with a concussion.
  • Options
    MrBrian wrote:
    Left,right, middle...whatever.

The point is, Obama has picked Rahm and Biden, both are bad choices and show zero progress. Look at his advisors!..and ross?

Unless the Patriot act, the Iraq war, blind support of Israel and a list of other things are positive...

Yeah, risen? Rise up and hit your head, fall back down with a concussion.

It doesn't matter who the hell he has in his cabinet. If he gets us out of Iraq and starts friendly dialogue with countries around the world. Then we are moving in the right direction. Those would NEVER happen under Bush!
  • Options
    The problem is not that people support Obama, McCain, or Paul. The problem is blind support. I didn't vote for Obama, but I'm not going to dismiss his supporters or his plans and policies simply because i didn't vote for him. I'm going to hear him out and give him the chance he deserves. I will judge him based on his performance and I would have done the same had McCain been elected. There are to many people in this country, on either side, who just write off the candidate simply because they have a difference of opinion. That to me is ignorance. Saying that supporters of a certain politicians are the equivalent of an intellectual STD is the climax of ignorance and stupidity and illustrates the problem with the electorate in this country. They are so wrapped up in "winning" that they will never entertain any idea that is not generated from their team. All sides of politics have something to offer and until we get past hyper-partisanship we will never be able to have a government that works for the people because we will be too busy fighting each other to pay much attention to the actions in Washington.
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    godpt3 wrote:

You think they're stark-raving lunatic because you've been so conditioned by society that it's inconceivable to you that such things go on. While I don't believe in many popular conspiracy theories, there's still plenty of shit that is going on which is worth taking a deeper look at than just what the media shows.

In my opinion, the media perpetuates countless conspiracies on the public all the time:

West Nile Virus
    Bird Flu
    SARS
    Killer African Bees
    Mad Cow Disease
    MERCA
    Fossil Fuels Drying Up

And the worst media conspiracy of all time:

Global Warming

All of these things the media creates an enormous frenzy over and people go crazy over, not letting their kids go outside, for example, for fear of getting West Nile Virus. Then, they suddenly disappear and the public forgets all about it when the next thing comes along. Most of them arise out of statements by scientists or doctors or other figures in authority where they're simply speculating or presenting a worst-case scenario. But the media prematurely jumps all over the issue and distorts the story to the point where something that was a worst case scenario becomes an Apocalyptic prediction.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    brandon10 wrote:
    It doesn't matter who the hell he has in his cabinet. If he gets us out of Iraq and starts friendly dialogue with countries around the world. Then we are moving in the right direction. Those would NEVER happen under Bush!

Does it matter that people in his cabinet are pro iraq war? Blindly follow Israel?
    Why have advisors at all? It doesnt matter right?

Israel does not want the US to make peace with Iran, Israel does not even want America to talk to Iran. Connect the dots.

But sure, Obama will talk to Iran, make it look like they tried, then Bomb Iran anyway because Israel wants it. But hey, at least Obama talked first.
  • Options
    It's already started. Over 2 months from taking office and bitching already has begun.

supposedly it's the liberals who have fallen.........
  • Options
    Smellyman wrote:
    It's already started. Over 2 months from taking office and bitching already has begun.

Address the reason for the bitching. Speak about the issues.

People are bringing up valid points and valid concerns. Then you come in and dont really address them, just complain, then accuse others of just bitching.
  • Options
    MrBrian wrote:
    Address the reason for the bitching. Speak about the issues.

People are bringing up valid points and valid concerns. Then you come in and dont really address them, just complain, then accuse others of just bitching.

about what? the first post was nonsense. Paultards??? Sorry for whoever said that, I guess.
  • Options
    MattyJoe wrote:
    You think they're stark-raving lunatic because you've been so conditioned by society that it's inconceivable to you that such things go on.

read this, you might find it informative:

The Psychology of Conspiracy Theories
    http://www.world-mysteries.com/newgw/gw_rmd1.htm

Conspiracy Theories Explained
    http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-20050125-000003.html
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

• Options
    MattyJoe wrote:
    Mad Cow Disease

Have you ever personally seen someone die from BSE, son? I HAVE! So with all due respect, please shut up unless you know what the hell you're talking about.
    —Dorothy Parker