Options

The moment you decided to vote Obama

blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,505
edited November 2008 in A Moving Train
On the first debate Obama promised too many things. BS he can’t fix everything. He’s dumb to even say he could.

When Sarah was picked, before the press really dug their hooks in I decided I didn’t like her. It felt McCain was making an obvious play for Hilary supporters. Sarah seemed like a puppet. It felt obvious to me she’d say anything the Republications told her.
I liked McCain until he picked her but was really turned off when his campaign hit the gutter.

I didn’t like Obama’s lack of foreign experience. It seemed McCain had plenty.

Obama’s site had a corner of his website for people with disabilities. Sarah had a son with Down Syndrome. She seemed not to be an involved mother to her 5 kids. I felt as a new advocate for people with disabilities, thanks to her son, she had no clue what it meant to be a disability advocate. She would be learning, not an experienced advocate.

I liked Obama’s promise to help the middle class.

McCain would help the rich. Republicans will always help the rich first.

Obama didn’t fight dirty. He was always having to correct the Republicans because they made up things about his policies.

McCain’s navy pilot history came out. He looked like a poor leader to me because of his wildness. He would do whatever he pleased like Bush.

Overall, Obama ran a cleaner campaign. That and his open ear for people with disabilities won my vote.

* The reps are just nasty people to me. It would take a miracle to get them back to the days of Regan.
*~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    he got my vote when he defeated clinton.
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    brain of c wrote:
    he got my vote when he defeated clinton.

me too. I'm a registered Republican. In fact, I voted for McCain in the Caucus, because I was afraid Clinton would manage to pull some sleazy trick and grab the nom and I wanted someone who I was sure could beat Hillary in the general election. When Obama ran away with the DNC nomination, it was all over.
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    after the 1st debate ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    When Clinton was defeated. It was cemented when McCain chose Palin as a running mate.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    he had my vote 4 years ago when i watched his inspirational speech at the 2004 democratic national convention
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    A couple hours before I went to the polls. I didnt' want to vote blue or red. I ended up deciding though that this election was just as important to the world as it is to the United States. And the world needed to see America at least attempt to make some changes. Let's face it, most of the world would not have reacted kindly if McCain would have won. Not after 8 years of Bush and that republican administration. I ended up voting Obama because he at least represented some fresh air and a chance for change, and the world needed to see that from America.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    When Clinton was defeated. It was cemented when McCain chose Palin as a running mate.
    I'd pretty much say the same, but I was willing to give McCain a chance as I had liked him in the past. However, Palin was the nail in the coffin! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    in the voting booth.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    McJuicy wrote:
    he had my vote 4 years ago when i watched his inspirational speech at the 2004 democratic national convention

While this was monumental, still had Kerry's election to go through.

For me, (as I ssume when it was for you) it was when he declared he was going to run for president.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    That moment never arrived for me.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    jeffbr wrote:
    That moment never arrived for me.

no worries, it will some time in 2012. ;)
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    jimed14 wrote:
    no worries, it will some time in 2012. ;)

:) Honestly, if things are going amazingly well in 2012, and things are headed the way I want (shrinking gov't, limiting spending, no more troops in the Middle East fighting nonsense wars, the Patriot Act repealed, his administration isn't wiretapping our own citizens, etc...) I could certainly be convinced.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    I can actually point to the exact moment I decided not to vote for him.
  • Options
    TDMize15TDMize15 Posts: 166
    I actually voted for McCain in the primaries... but after seeing more of Obama and seeing him prove himself to be ready and of presidential caliber... and then came Sarah Palin...

And there was no way in hell I was voting for a ticket with that ignorant ______ (insert favorite slur here).

So I voted Obama, decided around right after the conventions... and upon seeing the way he has handled himself this last month and the last few days... I'm very confident I made the right choice.
    All the rusted signs, we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead...

And he who forgets, will be destined to remember...