Options

is Palin jumping ship?

edited October 2008 in A Moving Train
http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20081025/pl_politico/14929

full of unnamed sources, but its fun to read about the soap opera.

"Reporters really began to notice the change last Sunday, when Palin strolled over to a local television crew in Colorado Springs.
"Get Tracey," a staffer called out, according to The New York Times, summoning spokeswoman Tracey Schmitt, who reportedly "tried several times to cut it off with a terse 'Thank you!' in between questions, to no avail." The moment may have caused ulcers in some precincts of the McCain campaign, but it was an account Palin's admirers in Washington cheered. Palin had also sought to give meatier policy speeches, in particular on energy policy and on policy for children with disabilities; she finally gave the latter speech Friday, but had wanted to deliver it much earlier.
"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    No matter which way this campaign turns it finds some sort of drama. Maybe Palin is getting ready for her run in 2012.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    saveuplifesaveuplife Posts: 1,173
    As you probably know, I'm a Palin supporter. And even I believe this is a political stunt by McCain/Palin. Get it out there in the media that she's a Maverick even when it comes to the campaign. Say she's no longer buying the force fed line for line stuff. That way she comes across as more of an independent mind.

That's my take anyway.
  • Options
    saveuplife wrote:
    As you probably know, I'm a Palin supporter. And even I believe this is a political stunt by McCain/Palin. Get it out there in the media that she's a Maverick even when it comes to the campaign. Say she's no longer buying the force fed line for line stuff. That way she comes across as more of an independent mind.

That's my take anyway.

Oh my.

Do you really believe that? Or is it that you just really want to believe it?

That's certainly not how this story is playing. She has gone so far off message at times (so far that she sometimes agrees with Obama, lol), that it's playing like one more "oopsie" moment in the gigantic clusterfuck that this campaign has become.

She's looking out for herself. As she said, she has "nothing to lose".
  • Options
    saveuplife wrote:

That's my take anyway.

maybe but, why build her up? they need to build up McCain, and all this just makes him look weaker. I am pretty amazed at how Palin has completely overshadowed McCain. I've thought for awhile that the Republicans are writing this election off so they can come back stronger in 4 years. Palin has realized this i think.
  • Options
    MrSmith wrote:
    I've thought for awhile that the Republicans are writing this election off so they can come back stronger in 4 years. Palin has realized this i think.

I have had that thought, too, over the last two years. Honestly, the way they've run their campaign has done NOTHING to convince me of otherwise.
  • Options
    If McCain loses this election, Sarah Palin will be blamed. We can say good-bye to her future electablity.
    the Minions
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    I have had that thought, too, over the last two years. Honestly, the way they've run their campaign has done NOTHING to convince me of otherwise.

Besides after the fiasco of the last 8 years, why would the powers that be Republicans want the White House to clean up this mess? Leave The White House for the Dems and blame what mess we may have then on them and just about any Republican candidate will suffice in 2012 even Sarah Palin.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    If McCain loses this election, Sarah Palin will be blamed. We can say good-bye to her future electablity.
    nah. the social conservatives love her. McCain is a centrist who they never considered a real republican. I know a few republicans who already blame him for everything. he's gonna get crucified by the right after he loses.
  • Options
    fugawzifugawzi Posts: 874
    MrSmith wrote:
    nah. the social conservatives love her. McCain is a centrist who they never considered a real republican. I know a few republicans who already blame him for everything. he's gonna get crucified by the right after he loses.

There will be A LOT of finger pointing going on. A good part will be towards Palin. McCain picked her though, he has to take some responsibility. As far as her having a future in politics, it's hard to say. Quayle went away, I'm hoping Palin will too. As you said though, many conservatives love her, the base loves her so you never know.
    West Palm 2000 I & II/West Palm '03/Tampa '03/Kissimmee '04/Vic Theater '07/West Palm '08/Tampa '08/NYC MSG I & II '08/Philly Spectrum III & IV '09/Cleveland '10/Bristow '10/PJ20 I & II 2011/Pensacola '12/Pittsburgh '13/Denver '14
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,218
    Palin/Quayle '12
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,218
    I think it would the fault of not getting the entire 'Joe The Plumbers' voting bloc out... and 'Phil the Bricklayers' and 'Wendy The Waitresses' and 'Cedric The Entertainers' and 'Felix The Cats' and 'Jabba The Huts' and 'Bozo The Clowns'..
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    saveuplife wrote:
    I'm a Palin supporter

wow

How's that working out for ya?
    hate was just a legend
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    saveuplife wrote:

That's my take anyway.

Yeah, nothing says "maverick" quite like fragging a superior officer
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    Cosmo wrote:
    Palin/Quayle '12

Vote Dumb and Dumber!!!!!!
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg