Options

Condoleezza Rice and U.N. Ambassador John Bolton

AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
have said the United States does not believe the time is right for a cease-fire.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thankyougrandmathankyougrandma Posts: 1,182
    surprising.....
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Hmmm ... Yes, but this quote doesn't make the reasons clear. I think a ceasefire will happen when Isreal gets its soldiers back, and probably not before. You can take this remark to mean that the American diplomats are bloodthristy, or you can take it to mean that certain conditions that would lead to a ceasefire haven't yet been realized. I am not sure that the fighting can stop before Hezbollah is made to release the prisoners. I'd like to see the attacks on Lebanon stop before this time, but I don't think its going to happen.
  • Options
    thankyougrandmathankyougrandma Posts: 1,182
    Hmmm ... Yes, but this quote doesn't make the reasons clear. I think a ceasefire will happen when Isreal gets its soldiers back, and probably not before. You can take this remark to mean that the American diplomats are bloodthristy, or you can take it to mean that certain conditions that would lead to a ceasefire haven't yet been realized. I am not sure that the fighting can stop before Hezbollah is made to release the prisoners. I'd like to see the attacks on Lebanon stop before this time, but I don't think its going to happen.

you know the USA have the power to step up and at least make Israel apply some moderation to their all out attacks. They choose not to...
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau