Options

Saddam Trial

PickrPickr Posts: 161
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
So just a little rant about the puppet show that is the Saddam trial. It's an absolute joke. This man, who is guilty as hell is being put on trial (justly so) in front of the whole world to see. Meanwhile lawyers are being assasinated, judges are stepping down, judges are being threatened, and Saddam's repeated outbursts are making a mockery out of this justice system being utilized in this country. Why is this trial not being conducted in the Hague such as Milosovitch's was? Obviously everyone expects a fair and impartial trial, but lets' be honest, there is no way in hell there is anything fair or impartial about it. With all this going on in the trial how can it be seen as fair or impartial? He is being judged by the very people he is accused of atrocities against. This is poetic justice no doubt, but to tout it as fair? The man goes on hunger strike, probaly with every intention of starving himself to death, only to be force fed so that he can be killed when he is inevitably found guilty. It makes no sense, none of it. He deserves what he gets, so let the guy kill himself, why waste more time and money on such a mockery of justice.

Sorry, been buggin me for a while, seems like a decent forum to rant about it.
Stix and Stones may break my bones, but More than Words will never hurt me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    I'm still waiting for the question of how he obtained the "gasses" to be asked. His answer will be compelling.

Then they can take every one of them to the Hague.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    'Judge Judy' is a more realistic court than this one in Iraq. How can they allow a defendant to rant like a lunatic and boycott his own trial? Like everything else in Iraq... it's a joke.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!