The new 'I f***in' feeel like talking about 'Riot Act' thread.

Comments

• yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    I really hope that they bust out a bunch of RA songs on the next tour. It would be a little dissapointing if they didn't play a lot of songs. I really would love to hear You Are (again), Green Disease, 1/2 Full, Cropduster, Ghost, Get Right (again), Bushleaguer (again), and I Am Mine (again). I'm going to four shows, so hopefully I'll be able to hear a few of these. Damn, this is one fucking good album.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • First listen I literally jumped in the air and clapped my feet togehter,
    I was waiting for this change in the music with Binaurul.

I loved Binaurul, but expected differant drums, Matt had a big impact on the sound on riot act.
    I know alot of people are turned off by it but not me.

I think this album is rockin for PJ. I honestly do not understand why some of the naysayers didnt cling too, save you, 1/2 full, all or none, or thumbing ,my way.

Save you reminded me of like vs/vitology.
    1/2 full was rockin, like i got id or red mosquito.
    all or none was like immortality.
    thumbing was the classic PJ. ballad which I thought binaurul was missing.
    I am not saying these songs are just like them, its just symilar writing.
    I really was suprised not more people took to these tunes.
    Bushleager is great eddy singing also.

love boat was a classic new direction for them.
    so was you are, i really didnt like it though.

green disease was typical ed, reminded me of mfc kinda writing

maybee this album was too much like the old sound with differant drums and it turned people off

sometimes be careful what you wish for , binaurul was very differant and I feel it got better reviews
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Help Help is genius live.
    Listen to Hershey 03.
    Mike goes fucking nuts.
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Like someone posted above, I'm afraid that RA tracks will fall into oblivion like most of Binaural and No Code have. Glad I was able to see one of the Key Arena shows right after RA was released. Riot Act live is a fucking work of art!!! Don't let it die or be relegated to the occasional LBC and I am Mine! We need Ghost, All or None, Cropduster, Arc, Thumbing My Way, and Bushleaguer!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Can't get enough of that sweet sweet Riot Act!

Binaural pales in comparison.
  • dkfan9dkfan9 Posts: 75
    Best album ever.
    "I am Mine" is my favorite song ever.
    Every other song on the CD is awesome(Well, Get Right might be one I just consider good/very good).
    But while the songs are all great, the thing that makes this album PJ's best is the production. The production really brings out every song to its fullest. A lot of people complain about "mumbing Eddie". I think it makes the songs even better in album format. Of course it wouldn't make for a great live show, but he doesn't mumble these lyrics more than anything else live. The drumming is great. The bass is great. Guitar is great. Vocals are great. Love this album.
    dkfan9
  • Riot Act is sooooooooo underated. I love it. The first three songs are probly the best starts to any album. Awesome
  • WVUer21WVUer21 Posts: 3
    Love this album. Glad this post is here.
    "Shut the fuck up, Donnie."

"I know it was you, Fredo. You broke my heart."

• Riot Act is sooooooooo underated. I love it. The first three songs are probly the best starts to any album. Awesome

hey its one of my favs, but i dint know about the best 3 for an opener
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • ElkaElka Posts: 43
    Riot Act is what made me fall in love with PJ all over again. Aside from a few good songs, Binaural hadn't really done much for me. By the time '02 rolled around I could hardly wait for the new album. To the person who said it's their best production-wise, I completely agree. Loved it then and still do.
  • No WayNo Way Posts: 39
    Riot Act is one of PJ's top three albums. It's definitely underrated. Green Disease, Cropduster, Save You, 1/2 Full . . . these are all great songs.
    I just need someone to be there for . . . me
    I just want someone to be there for . . .
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    Umm, yeah.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • I'm getting tired of people pissin on Riot Act.

It's a good album. It took a little longer than some of their other albums to grow on me, but it's still a good album.

Better than the recycled garbage that a lot of bands are putting out these days.
    war... break the sky and tell me what it's for
  • ElkaElka Posts: 43
    Hey LikeAnOcean I think you're needed to help keep this thread alive!
    So, I've been listening to only the new album for the last couple of days, and just felt like I needed a little break. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but just needed a little break.

Anyway, I decided to put in Riot Act, and you know what, this album fucking kicks ass. Riot Act is so good. I can't believe that so many people don't like it. The whole album practically is amazing. Anyway, don't forget about this one. Its awesome!!!!
  • pegmatitepegmatite Posts: 31
    yosi wrote:
    So, I've been listening to only the new album for the last couple of days, and just felt like I needed a little break. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but just needed a little break.

Anyway, I decided to put in Riot Act, and you know what, this album fucking kicks ass. Riot Act is so good. I can't believe that so many people don't like it. The whole album practically is amazing. Anyway, don't forget about this one. Its awesome!!!!
    Yeah, I did the same thing.
    I still can't understand how so many don't like Ghost, Cropduster, Help Help and Get Right. Save you, Half Full and all or None are Classics. That album is one of their best.

pegmatiteman
    This is how I feel...
    pegmatite wrote:
    I still can't understand how so many don't like Ghost, Cropduster, Help Help and Get Right. Save you, Half Full and all or None are Classics. That album is one of their best.

pegmatiteman

Its funny you say that cause Help Help is the only song on the album I don't really like. However, you also forgot You Are which is effing brilliant. I also love LBC and I Am Mine.
  • ChillimanChilliman Posts: 18
    yo yo i think riot act is good I like all the jam albums but i reckon riot act was a good step forward from binuarl.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    BEST PRODUCED ALBUM!!!... EVER!

Adam Kasper rawks!

:D
  • Banana-RamaBanana-Rama Posts: 108
    I like Riot Act. Soild production. Good tunes. Good Guitars.
    "If you should die before me, ask if you could bring a friend" - STP

"Frugality without creativity is deprivation." - Amy Dacyczyn

Proud Supporter of the CAROLINA HURRICANES. GO CANES GO!!!
  • Red MosquitoRed Mosquito Charlotte, NC Posts: 68
    Now that Riot Act is no longer their "latest" album it will become even more legendary.

Amazing record.
  • tdlftdaporchtdlftdaporch Posts: 158
    pegmatite wrote:

pegmatiteman
    I agree! I'm currently in new album mode but I will be excited to hear any Riot Act songs they offer live, especially Cropduster, Ghost, All or None, LBC, Green Disease, and Half Full
    "Do you think the carpetpissers did this?" - The Dude
    This album is fucking tight. Go listen to Green Disease and Cropduster. Such good tunes!!
  • This album is brilliant.....

i fine odd people hating this album......iwonder why..........i mean

Most of their songs when played live sound amazing.......with the exception perhaps of cropduster or ghost.........only because the album really captured the live vibe of those 2 songs.....and when played live there was no space to try something different......

and this was the album that really marked the moment when pearl jam started experimenting different thing........like Arc, Youare, bushleaguer

Personally i think is the album that has best captured the live vibe that pj bring to concerts.......the rest of their albums sounds a bit too polished.......

i think in the end it might be an acquired taste thing...............then lucky us who get this one right!

P.s how can u hate songs like ghost and get right,,,,and then love songs like Big wave??
    *Proud member of the forged kings nebulae; those of us who love Binaural and Riot Act, and also think that Matt Cameron is the f*ckin greatest!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7142004942
    my pearl jam page

P.s how can u hate songs like ghost and get right,,,,and then love songs like Big wave??

Word. Love those two songs, don't really like Big Wave.
  • YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,839
    Riot Act is a good album....YIELD, however, is a way of life. :)
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
    Riot Act is a good album....YIELD, however, is a way of life. :)

I just listened to Riot Act (again, haha) and I am begining to think that Riot Act is also a way of life... This could be one interesting, amazing journey... :D
  • YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,839
    yosi wrote:
    I just listened to Riot Act (again, haha) and I am begining to think that Riot Act is also a way of life... This could be one interesting, amazing journey... :D

Fanch would say listening to Riot Act is a way of ending one's life. ;)
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • yosi wrote:
    I really hope that they bust out a bunch of RA songs on the next tour. It would be a little dissapointing if they didn't play a lot of songs. I really would love to hear You Are (again), Green Disease, 1/2 Full, Cropduster, Ghost, Get Right (again), Bushleaguer (again), and I Am Mine (again). I'm going to four shows, so hopefully I'll be able to hear a few of these. Damn, this is one fucking good album.

i hope they do this too............this album rocks awesome on the boots.......

me?? well i wont attend that many shows :(........thanks God for them delicious boots!

Edit.......yet another top of the page for me....man, im getting good at this!
    *Proud member of the forged kings nebulae; those of us who love Binaural and Riot Act, and also think that Matt Cameron is the f*ckin greatest!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7142004942
    my pearl jam page