Options

What materiels do you Love ?

V VV V Posts: 5,191
edited March 2007 in The Art Wall
i was messing around with stuff the other day and thought how i Love masking tape , not cos of what it does, just i love the look of it but cant discribe why.
I also love carbon paper :o

what odd things to you love and like to use ???
~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    What were you making?
  • Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    I love the look of wet cement being shovelled around....weird. BTW, I love the smell of masking tape too!:Q
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    i am pissing myself...i just realised you guys were talking bout art stuff. What am i fucking doing!!! Im going now :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    awww YelLed24 u dont have to go i was talking about things u use n if u use wet cement thats fine :D:D

beauty is in the eye..... ;)

ooo now i can smell the cement :eek: thats mad , oh but i like it.

Chris ummm i'm not sure was just messin with an OPH (over head projector) and some photos i took n printed on to tracying paper and was sticking down typed words under neath, not sure what it is or where its going !

i'll take a pic later if u u want.
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    watercolour paper.... :D

it's the only thing i'll use, even for pencil sketches.... love the texture... no flat paper for me!!! :p
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    i am pissing myself...i just realised you guys were talking bout art stuff. What am i fucking doing!!! Im going now :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

lol! i read your post, and it didn't strike me as stange at all! concrete is a perfectly acceptable art material! :)

you'd like my jobsite :) .... 46,000 cubic metres of concrete to be poured! :eek: :p
  • Options
    oh! and little foam paint rollers.... :o
  • Options
    lol! i read your post, and it didn't strike me as stange at all! concrete is a perfectly acceptable art material! :)

you'd like my jobsite :) .... 46,000 cubic metres of concrete to be poured! :eek: :p
    yea, well, i guess you could use a bit of cement to add onto a canvas, gives it a bit of texture, fuckin heavy but!! And why not go further and wrap some masking tape round it! I bet you could sell it for atleast $5.00- hey, anythings art these days....even cement :D
  • Options
    LOL

tissue paper and bleach .
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    sharpies on a really smooth surface...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    tracing paper rules! and acitate! makes great results , transparencies and layers and stuff.
    also, i like putting lace on collages , painting it over, makes interesting textures.
    Cement was by far the most "radical" material mentioned here though :D

I like this topic, arty :D
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    i don't really get into odd materials per se, although ya never know. i love colored pencils, always have. i also love using them on photographs, altho i haven't messed about like that in a long time. i also love working in my garden, creating some natural art.....love to shape the land with rocks and such. i also love collage, just cutting paper...and layering......ooooooooo.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    tracing paper rules! and acitate! makes great results , transparencies and layers and stuff.
    also, i like putting lace on collages , painting it over, makes interesting textures.
    Cement was by far the most "radical" material mentioned here though :D

I like this topic, arty :D

oh yes very yummy layers scraping scratting :D

D2D sounds like you do !!!!!!! hahahaha ;)
  • Options
    I love acrylics but also enjoyed using joint compound or "drywall mud" for texture on canvas back in the day.
  • Options
    DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
    Charcoal... Me likey charcoal :D nothin' like big, fat, thick, black charcoal on grainy paper, usually portraits :D:D:D
  • Options
    Charcoal... Me likey charcoal :D nothin' like big, fat, thick, black charcoal on grainy paper, usually portraits :D:D:D

ooOOOooo yeah that sounds yummmmy :D
  • Options
    DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
    V V wrote:
    ooOOOooo yeah that sounds yummmmy :D

Haha, I hope that was a pure thought! ;).
  • Options
    matt776x2matt776x2 Posts: 42
    V V wrote:
    i was messing around with stuff the other day and thought how i Love masking tape , not cos of what it does, just i love the look of it but cant discribe why.
    I also love carbon paper :o

what odd things to you love and like to use ???

Me too VV ;)

Save the tape do not waste the reusable. Everything has a purpose in life. Carbon paper easy to remake the same masterpiece also great animation tool.

Tape is great especially the masking tape which can be pulled back after an intensive layer of media to expose a thin sharp line. Some structure in the disorder it once was hiding under. Also great is you just want to cover paper with acrylics and charcoal all in one let the acrylic dry and stroke with the chalk repeat and rinse. Dilute white acrylic to create transparency let it dry and you can draw over it again. Great for smearing...for the sake of god do not rub your work take fresh earth and drag it across the page.

e-mail me luv I need a friend. Life is quirky and I am quirky and I don't know how to manage myself let alone the responsibility of being someone considered a responsible person...but I am alone. The world is great burden and as an artist I feel responsible for it all.

I am what I am. I feel I scared off a great friend.
    Irritated with this.