Options

Vitalogy tattoo

JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
edited October 2006 in The Art Wall
I want a PJ tattoo...
I don't know what exactly but since Vitalogy is my favoritealbum, I would prefer something linked to this album...
My preference goes to a drawing/picture, not text...
Favortites tunes: corduroy, tremor christ, last exit, better man, immortality...
The image should resume PJ.
I don't have any gift for that kind of stuff, so any idea is welcome...
2006: Antwerp, Paris
2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
2009: Rotterdam, London
2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    seagoat2seagoat2 Posts: 241
    Just a suggestion - maybe reading the lyrics will give you an idea about an image you'd want....?

Then you can go to a tattoo place & talk to them - I think most tattoo artist's can work with you on drawing something up. You know, a special design just for you.
  • Options
    seagoat2 wrote:
    Just a suggestion - maybe reading the lyrics will give you an idea about an image you'd want....?

Then you can go to a tattoo place & talk to them - I think most tattoo artist's can work with you on drawing something up. You know, a special design just for you.

thanks... I willtry to find inspiration in the lyrics... But since english is not my mother tongue, it's not so easy for me to "feel it"...
  • Options
    Yield72Yield72 Posts: 193
    What's the first thing that the album vitalogy said to you..??
    I'm myself like you somehow.....
  • Options
    Yield72 wrote:
    What's the first thing that the album vitalogy said to you..??

I fell in love with the art work and bought the album, then I fell in love with the music... immediately... this is the first PJ album I bought and I was so wow... this was what I was waiting for... I was 14 and didn't understand any English word. So, Vitalogy didn't really "say" something.

A sentence I like and represent what I felt is the first lines of corduroy (the waiting drove me mad...). Moreover, this is the first song the played in antwerp, my first PJ show...
  • Options
    Julien wrote:
    I fell in love with the art work and bought the album, then I fell in love with the music... immediately... this is the first PJ album I bought and I was so wow... this was what I was waiting for... I was 14 and didn't understand any English word. So, Vitalogy didn't really "say" something.

A sentence I like and represent what I felt is the first lines of corduroy (the waiting drove me mad...). Moreover, this is the first song the played in antwerp, my first PJ show...

Well, there you go - use "Corduroy" as your inspiration. If you have artist friends, they might be able to help too. Can you get that song translated in your own language? It might help you relate to it more.....
  • Options
    seagoat2 wrote:
    Well, there you go - use "Corduroy" as your inspiration. If you have artist friends, they might be able to help too. Can you get that song translated in your own language? It might help you relate to it more.....

I think indeed Corduroy is the one... IMO, it represents PJ quite well. If I had to play a song for someone who doesn't know them, it would be that one..

So, yes, I will have the lyrics translated. I can do it without problem by myself and I understand what is said. translating in French will certainly help me to have a better overview. The "difficulty" will be to "translate" the lyrics into an image...

Thanks dude...
  • Options
    Julien wrote:
    I think indeed Corduroy is the one... IMO, it represents PJ quite well. If I had to play a song for someone who doesn't know them, it would be that one..

So, yes, I will have the lyrics translated. I can do it without problem by myself and I understand what is said. translating in French will certainly help me to have a better overview. The "difficulty" will be to "translate" the lyrics into an image...

Thanks dude...

Yeah, it might take a while, but I'm sure you'll come up with something nice. Oh, by the way, I'm not a dude....ha, ha.
  • Options
    seagoat2 wrote:
    Oh, by the way, I'm not a dude....ha, ha.
    Sorry...:D
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    PJVitalogy2.jpg
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    PJVitalogy2.jpg

one of the multiple great pics that are in vitalogy... the pic on satan's bed's page is "funny" as well..