Options

what word comes to mind?

quarterpastquarterpast Posts: 185
edited September 2005 in The Art Wall
I get a lot of people describing my photo to me in one word, just wondering what you all think of...see if I get anyone saying the same thing. Just curious! I like people's reactions to art, quite interesting.
17f7.jpeg
rock bands may come and rock bands may go...
but rock n roll will live forever! - ray davies
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pacifierpacifier Posts: 1,009
    DUCK!!

just kidding. I'm not sure what word comes to mind, cos my brain froze up a little when I saw a gun pointed at me. I don't like having a gun put in my face, not that it's not good art, but it just feels very threatening, so I guess you got an emotional response from me. Kinda had a fear reaction even when there is no need. Guess it doesn't help that I was having nightmares of being attacked last night.

PS I like the way that you've focussed it.
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I shouted something that rhymes with duck. And jumped off my chair!
  • Options
    hemorhoid

:D

and/or

eek!
  • Options
    The responses that have been posted are what I thought would happen, but all my crazy friends (we're all art and philosophy majors, a bit off our rockers) each said 'trust'. They think trust because I allowed my friend to aim a gun right at me (don't worry, it wasn't real!). The story of this shot is interesting though.. did a portrait session of my friends with fun little props (cowboy stuff, princess jewelry, feather boas, just wanted to have fun photos of how we really act). Most people joked around and pointed the gun at their heads (I refused to take a photo of that). In walks the girl I lived with, picks up the gun and aims it right at me. She was the only person to aim it at the camera. And we are good friends, so they didn't think of her wanting to kill me, they thought of trust.
    But thanks for the responses!
  • Options
    I thought: weird focus. But very cool picture though.
  • Options
    I thought of the song state of love and trust!
    I had a false belief I thought I came here to stay. we're all just visiting, breaking like waves! - E.V.

"Heaven is not a place you go when you die
    it's that moment you touch her and you actually feel alive."- The Spill Canvas
  • Options
    vedhead01 wrote:
    I thought of the song state of love and trust!
    I actually thought of that one day when I was going through my photos...
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    First word that came to my head was "sly."
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    WOW, what a shot! It jumps right out and says:

GOTCHA!

And I like that it's in black and white, I don't think it would be as shocking in colour. :)
    Forget your perfect offering, there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
  • Options
    twin2twin2 Posts: 894
    "Oh shit!"
  • Options
    Why?

I suppose that's the first thing I'd think, faced with someone pointing a gun at me. I'd want to know why.
    ♥ ♪ ♪
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    comfortable...
  • Options
    uh, moveeeee
    If it weren't for my horse, I never would have spent that year in college.
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    fascinating.
  • Options
    Agony? for some strange reason...
    If anyone has any good ideas for band names PM me cause me and my band are amazingly stuck for ideas. Darn that band Pearl Jam for having such a cool name
  • Options
    close....wow that's up close!
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    pearlmuttpearlmutt Posts: 392
    Harriet

then

a few minutes later

Tubman

then a second or two passes

and i think

"move on or die"

then

p-diddy

(hyphenated to make one word)

and i think

"vote or die"

hmmmm . . . my students are so fucking smart.