Options

storm king art center - photos

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
edited November 2005 in The Art Wall
i haven't visited this magical place in 15 years....and it just gets better and better. i took over 300 photos..haha...typical. just completely inspiring....500 acres of nature and monolithic modern sculpture. *jaw drops* :D for further info on this amazing NY gem: http://www.stormking.org

here's a few pics from today...more to come...

cloudscaldergrass.jpg

calderorange.jpg

claderarchgrass.jpg

caldertree.jpg

circleclouds.jpg

calderspine.jpg

calderswoop.jpg

3elements.jpg

cityonhigh.jpg

calderblackshadow.jpg
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    more...

happycouple.jpg

grasstreepyramidian.jpg

grassskyart.jpg

faceground.jpg

columnstreetrunk.jpg

untitledgrosvenor.jpg

pyramidian1.jpg

schunnemunk.jpg

mozartsbirthday.jpg

viewof2.jpg
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    you were fifteen minutes from my house
  • Options
    you were fifteen minutes from my house

wowzers...if i lived that close to storm king...i'd be there every day. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    wowzers...if i lived that close to storm king...i'd be there every day. :D

probably just the opposite actually - but I'm no good with camera's so who knows.
  • Options
    probably just the opposite actually - but I'm no good with camera's so who knows.

i sooooo love that place. i have always vowed to return there, took me 15 years to actually drive north 55 miles. :rolleyes: i shall be back in the spring.....oooooooooo. :D

there are a few places on the island that i adore like that too...and of course other spots in the world as well...but i love to visit those *hidden gems* close to home. i would love and adore visiting such places even if i wasn't interested in photography....but since i am...just adds another dimension to the experience for me.

that place is just breath-takingly beautiful...
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    coleencoleen Posts: 938
    i used to go there all the time b/c it was about 40 mins from my house. now i live in pitt and haven't been there in a year or more. fall was always my favorite time to visit.

thanks for the pics. :D
  • Options
    wow those are kickass! i love the one of the shadows, and the fall colors are so gorgeous. i've bookmarked that site for the next time i come out east to visit family, my sis is studying photography and i can see her going nuts there! :D thanks for sharing the pics, very cool!
  • Options
    wow those are kickass! i love the one of the shadows, and the fall colors are so gorgeous. i've bookmarked that site for the next time i come out east to visit family, my sis is studying photography and i can see her going nuts there! :D thanks for sharing the pics, very cool!

awww...thanks.
    you absolutely should visit if you head east....you'll adore it!!! come by me too, and i shall show you some real hidden gems on the island. :)

here's a few more:

rustedfragment.jpg

spinning.jpg

tripleloop.jpg
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    thanks for sharing these amazing photos dreamn...

beautiful!
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    i dunno...it seems kinda odd in the middle of nature like that...kinda like putting our dirty fingerprints on a clean window....but that's just me
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    pacifierpacifier Posts: 1,009
    i like the face coming out of the ground
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    i dunno...it seems kinda odd in the middle of nature like that...kinda like putting our dirty fingerprints on a clean window....but that's just me

maybe so...however, if it were not an art centre...i'd hate to think what it might become....housing developments...shopping centres...anyone?! :eek: anyhoo...i am a nature lover and an art lover. :) also, for the past 4 years, the center has been reintroducing native grasses and wildflowers back into the environment.....so it's all about trying to achieve that precarious balance. differing perspectives of course......but i am in awe of the created beauty......in the midst of such natural beauty....and for me at least, it is truly breath-taking, a sight to behold and admire...and nurture. i cannot wait to return in the spring...

i find it a place of endless inspiration...
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...