Options

Ballycroy

FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
edited February 2005 in The Art Wall
These are photos I took of my Dad's village of Ballycroy, Mayo, Ireland. I just used a little kodak.

entryintoballycroy0jl.jpg

bellacragherbay0wi.jpg

clagganmountain6cc.jpg

doonabeach1ik.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dyaogirldyaogirl Posts: 138
    Thank you Finsbury for sharing these incredible photos.

You have managed with an artful eye in these pictures to capture the spirit of the landscape and portray the heart of the countryside. I see a meandering timeless road, a rainbow-sand beach that stretches into tomorrow and beyond, and wisps of wheat-grass that frame the base and strength of a mountain. These are indeed special photos giving us a taste and view of a truly special place.
    '..... Ah! A perfect illustration of the poststructuralist paradox. Does the signifier "Merlot" correspond with the 'truth' of the bottle I polished off last night, or do we hold in our thoughts a different "signified" of bottle-of-Merlot-ness? Perhaps we're dreaming of the same bottle!" -FinsburyParkCarrots

• Options
    Thanks, dearest dyaogirl. They were taken on a snapshot camera but one can't really go wrong taking photos of such a place. Ballycroy is the art. :)
  • Options
    snapshot camera's are fun. You can sorta tell the colors in those pics are somewhat unreal, but it just ads something to it. The scenery is breathtaking Fins :)
  • Options
    pearlwax wrote:
    snapshot camera's are fun. You can sorta tell the colors in those pics are somewhat unreal, but it just ads something to it. The scenery is breathtaking Fins :)

Exactly. It's a bit like technicolor in that respect. :)
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    saw em the other day but no time to tell , sorry.

great, beautiful and yer i like the colour type
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    Exactly. It's a bit like technicolor in that respect. :)

indeed - particularly the beach scene. beautiful. :)
    i'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    That's a lovely place, Fins... :)
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?