Options

Scenes in My Head

GrungeMonkeyGrungeMonkey Posts: 17
edited October 2003 in Poetry, Prose, Music & Art
This isn't a poem...just some crap in my head.

There’s a guy that lives in my head; his name is Jack. He’s kind of my alter ego. He lives out the fantasies that are played out in my head.

Like once Jack died from gunshot wounds and met GOD, if you believe in that sort of thing. It wasn’t a pleasant meeting. See Jack is the type of person that tells you what he thinks. It doesn’t matter if you’re GOD to Jack.

It all started when Jack’s friend Tommy got involved with some People. People who can either make you rich or make it so you never existed. Jack doesn’t like that Tommy has gotten involve with these People. You see Tommy is a little reckless. He takes chances without thinking of the price that he might have to pay. And the People aren’t forgiving.

So one day Tommy comes to Jack, and says he needs Jack’s help with something, a job for the Shady People.

Jack: “Hell NO! I am NOT getting involved with the People. They are not going to make my ass disappear.”
Tommy: “Jack, come on man. It’s not that big of a deal. We go in get what we need to get and we leave. It’s simple.”
Jack: “Simple? Then why don’t you do it alone?”
Tommy: “It’s simple yeah, but it still going to take two people to pull it off. Jack, it pays.”
Jack: “How much?”
Tommy: “You can stay unemployed for a while.”

Jack smiles at that. There is one thing Jack and I have in common. We’re both lazy. So when Tommy told Jack that he would be able to lay about the house for a while he was in.

You see the People have told Tommy to acquire something from the museum. One of the Ancient objects, There’s something else you should know about Jack; he’s a Mystic. He knows when things or people of arcane power are around. And as soon as he walks into the room that the object is kept he knew he should have stayed home. It was an Ancient Object all right. The power emanating from it gave Jack Goosebumps.

Jack: “Aw, dammit Tommy, Why didn’t you tell me what we were coming here for?”
Tommy: “If I told you that part, you wouldn’t have come with me. And I need you to get it for me.”

Jack being a Mystic, he’s one of the only people who can touch an Ancient Object without it causing him pain or even death.

Jack: “Me? Oh no. I’m not risking my life.”
Tommy: “Jack, we both know that it won’t hurt you. Listen if you get it I kick your cut up to 50%.”
Jack: “You kick it up to 65% or I’m walking right now.”
Tommy: “Done.”

Jack walks up to the Ancient Object and puts his hands on it. He can feel the power coursing through his arms. Tommy hands him a burlap sack to put it in and they turn to leave, but as they head toward the door, two Men who work for the People step out of the shadows. In an instant Jack knows what is going on. The People knew Jack was a Mystic. They knew Tommy and Jack were friends. The People have been playing Tommy for a fool since the beginning. They needed Tommy to get Jack to get the Ancient Object. And now both Tommy and Jack appeared to be screwed.

One of the Men raises a gun and fires at Tommy. Jack jumps in front of Tommy and takes the bullet in the chest. Tommy looks in surprise as Jack falls to the floor. Museum patrons hear the gunshot and start running toward the room. The Men pick up the Ancient Object and step back into the shadows so they aren’t seen.

Jack: “RUN! You dumb ass.”
Tommy: “Jack, You need a doctor.”
Jack: “Some ones coming. They will call an ambulance.”

Tommy turns and runs but before he leaves he turn around and looks at Jack and notices the blood on the floor. He sees the puddle growing with each second and can’t believe a person has that much blood in their body. He looks at Jack one last time and sees he’s not breathing. Tommy starts back to his friend but some one has come in the room already. But it’s too late. Jack’s DEAD.
You don't have to be dead to experience Eternal Darkness.
////
("_')
/(G)-}----
_/_\_
www.geocities.com/grungephilosophy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    keven 33keven 33 Posts: 259
    its good, i probably cant grade you paper cause its to smart and i read a lot of stuff without even absorb , keep writing you book sucka
    convicted
  • Options
    coleencoleen Posts: 938
    DAMN grungemonkey that was really awesome!

why have you been keeping this stuff to yourself for so long?

i hope you decide to share more with us. :)
  • Options
    BhagavadGitaBhagavadGita Posts: 1,748
    How can Jack be dead, if in fact he lives in your mind.

Just like a story really, just, clean him up, dust him off and treat him like Jesus.

Way I see it, you can keep him alive if you want? so...

Why don't you keep him alive if YOU are in control?
  • Options
    he would not be laying dead if not for his greed.

the minute money came up, he sold out.

dont sell out love and intuition....love is pure...if he held that true he would be alive today.

money is the root of all evil unless used for good causes of course.

as you can tell, your story really mad me think.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 339
    i am no writer, but i got pretty wrapped up in what you wrote, gmonkey. so i think that's good.

it's like a new version of the angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other, and dead heroes.

also, i think the expression is the LOVE of money is the root of all evil. we all need it in the social system we live in. sure, using it to do good, like stay alive, that's what most people can only do.
  • Options
    Don't worry Jack will be back...
    ////
    ("_')
    /(G)-}----
    _/_\_
  • Options
    YAY!!!!! :)

i hope he'll be back very soon.
  • Options
    Tommy oh Tommy
    You must have had
    a really bad Mommy

Tommy's not so bad tho
    or he would not be Jack's friend
    Jack needs to pay attention to his friend Tommy

Tommy needs more friends like Jack
    You'll set him straight.......and curvey and backwards when he needs it.

want MORE of the story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

Jack feels something tug at his chest. Then it tugs again, only harder, and again harder still. Jack wakes up and he’s floating. He turns over so that his stomach is facing down and he sees his body lying on the floor in its blood. Jack usually has trouble see blood, but it didn’t bother him this time. Not even a little bit.

Jack floats up through the ceiling and into the open sky. After a minute of hovering in mid air. Something, which can only be described as a portal, opens in front of Jack. First the cloud begin to swirl like a tornado is about to form any second, and the wind begins to howl. A hole where the clods are swirling opens up and it’s like a vacuum suddenly starts and Jack is violently sucked through the portal.

When Jack is on the Other Side. Which is kind of funny to Jack considering he never really lived up to the Others standards. Jack floats down to the ground. No one is around, so Jack takes a look around. To be honest Jack thought the Other Side would be a little different. But it looks pretty much the same way his world looks. He is standing in a grassy field, there are trees, and the leaves are of a color he has never seen before but they are definitely trees. In the distance there is a city. There are skyscrapers, he can hear transportation noises. The buildings are tall and sleek; they look architecturally impossible to build.

Jack starts walk toward the city.

Voice: “Hey there, Wait a second.”

Jack turned around to see who it was. Jack recognized the person behind the voice. It was Jacks teacher, the one who taught Jack the Mystic Way. His name is Jonah.
    [color]

Jack: “Jonah is that you?”
    Jonah: “Yep. It’s me, I gotta say I’m a little disappointed to see you here so soon.”
    Jack: “Yeah, me to. But things happen.”
    Jonah: “Yeah, I’m well aware of the “things” you’re talking about.”
    Jack: “So you’re one of the Others?”
    Jonah: “Yep”
    Jack: “So, um, where are your wings?”
    Jonah: “ We only have our powers when we visit your world. Now lets go.”

They walk back the way Jonah came. They come up to a vehicle, it’s a very sleek, sporty car. It’s funny because when Jonah was alive he hated cars.

Jack: “I can’t believe that the Others. Drive around in cars. It’s not at all like I thought.”
    Jonah: “And how did you think it was going to be?”
    Jack: “ Well, First of all I didn’t think I was ever going to get to the Other Side. And I figured it would be more of a spiritual place. You know more of the Old Ways and less modernization. And why are you even driving this, you never drove when you were alive?”
    Jonah: “The Old Ways are very much a huge art of what goes on here. And where do you think all of the modern ideas came from? And as for my driving, I never had to drive when I was on your world. You and my other students always brought everything I ever needed to me. And don’t say we aren’t alive, I taught you better than that. I am very much alive. I have just moved on to this world.

They drive for what seem to be a couple of hours. Neither speaking. Jack just took in what he could from the view outside his window. This place was so much like his world and yet so different. Finally Jack spoke.

Jack: “Jonah?”
    Jonah: “Yeah.”
    Jack: “Why am I here. I never thought when I died I would end up here.”
    Jonah: “You gave your life for another. That’s the only reason you’re here. If you hadn’t saved Tommy, when your time did come you wouldn’t have came here.”

They drive for a few minutes more, and off to the left on the side of the road Jack see a rabbit and as he’s looking at it he notices it has antlers. It’s a Jackalope. Jack looks at Jonah and he’s smiling.

Jack: “Where are we going?”
    Jonah: “You have business with someone here.”
    Jack: “Who?”
    Jonah: “I can’t answer that.”
    Jack: “Why not?”
    Jonah: “Because they told me not to tell you.”

Jack and Jonah ride quietly for the rest of the trip. And when they reach their destination Jack can’t believe his eyes.

More to come...
    ////
    ("_')
    /(G)-}----
    _/_\_
  • Options
    more............
  • Options
    I have the third part of Jacks adventure...

Jack’s Conversation

It was a skyscraper. The tallest friggin’ skyscraper Jack has ever seen. The friggin’ thing went into the clouds it was so tall.

Jack: “What’s this place?”
    Jonah: “This is Control. This is where we get our assignments. Where we talk to The Boss.”
    Jack: “The Boss? You mean the big guy?”
    Jonah: “The one and only.”

Jack and Jonah walk in and go up to the receptionist. Jonah tells her who they are and she tells them to go on through.

Jack: “So, I’m going to talk to God?”
    Jonah: “Yep, Everyone who gives their life for another get a private audience with Him.”

They walk down a long hallway and stop in front of a pair of huge wooden doors.

Jonah: “You go the rest of the way alone Jack.”
    Jack: “No, I want you to come with me. I more than a little nervous.”
    Jonah: “I can’t son. Don’t worry, just be you.”
    Jack: “Be myself? Really?”

Jonah opens the doors for Jack. Jack walks through, his hands are sweaty and he can feel his whole body shaking. Then he sees him. God. Behind a desk. Smoking a cigar.

God: “Come in Jack. Have a seat.”

Jack walks nervously to the chair and sits down.

God: “So Jack, how’s life?”
    Jack: “Um, pretty much non-existent right now.”
    God: “Yeah, I guess it is.”

God sits in his chair looking at Jack.

God: “Alright, what do you want to know?”
    Jack: “What?”
    God: “Your reward for dying for your friend. You can ask me anything and I will answer.”

Jack is kind of caught off guard. He really didn’t expect this. He thought he would become an Agent of the Others. Or at the very least be given a plaque. What the hell could he do with knowledge now that he was gone from the world he knew. Jack thinks about what he should ask.

Jack: “Alright, Why is my world so messed up? If you are an all loving god. Why are children dying every single day? Why has there been wars century after century? Why do people feel it necessary to keep guns in their homes? Why are people starving? Why is that America can feed everyone in the world with the food we produce but we don’t? Why is the world so fucked up? Can You answer that?
    God: “Yes I can.”

God sits back and thinks for a minute. Puffs on his cigar and begins.

God: “Because Jack, that the way you made it.”
    Jack: “What?”
    God: “Because of you and people like you. With your greed . You are here right now because of your greed. If you hadn‘t have went with Tommy you wouldn‘t be here right now.”
    Jack: “Well, you are supposed to be our ‘Parent’, why didn’t you guide us” God: “There always come a time when a parent must let his children walk on their own. Or there comes a time when the children think they are ready and turn their backs on their parent. I think in this case it was you who turned your back on me. I blame myself for not making my lessons known. No one believes in goodness any more Jack. And when they say they are acting in the name of goodness you can almost always be sure that they have some sort of ulterior motive, and that motive is usually Greed. In the beginning I warned my children, I think you call them ’The People’ of the dangers of knowing. But they didn’t listen. They sought the forbidden knowledge and turned your world in the chaotic realm it is today. They twisted every generation after them into their likeness. There is very little goodness in the world today Jack. So, to answer your questions, because of Greed. Greed for money and greed for knowledge that no one has any business knowing."

Jack sits there and listens to what God has to say. He knows God is speaking from his heart, and that he is telling the truth. And when he is finished he stands up and looks deep into Jack’s eyes.

God: “Now it’s time Jack.”
    Jack: “Time for what?”
    God: “Time for you to go.”
    Jack: “What? I thought I could stay here, you know since I gave my life for someone else.”
    God: “No, your reward was to ask me a question, but you have to go where you belong.”

Jack sits in his chair terrified. He doesn’t want to go Below. He wants to stay here with Jonah and all his other friends who have passed over. Jack feels cold hands on his ankles. First just one then more and more. He looks at God, he’s sitting there, in his executive chair smiling. The mother fucker is smiling. Then just as he’s about to scream the hand pull Jack down through the floor. At first everything is dark, the kind of dark your screams get lost in. Then Jack here’s a noise, kind of a beeping sound. The sound becomes more and more clear. Then he hears voices. Not screams of agony like Jonah described about Below. But conversations. Jack opens his eyes and he’s looks around, he’s in a hospital. He’s alive.

Just then Tommy walks in holding a briefcase.

Jack: “I’m alive?”
    Tommy: “Yeah buddy, you’re alive.”
    Jack: “Is that my money.”
    Tommy: “Yep, the People paid us any way. Can you believe that?”
    Jack: “Cool.”
    Tommy: “Jack, they have another job for us.”

The End. But not the end of Jack’s adventures.

I have all three part posted on my home page. And I'm writting another Jack story seperate from this one.

http://www.geocities.com/mjohnson36203/ScenesInMyHead.html
    ////
    ("_')
    /(G)-}----
    _/_\_
  • Options
    i really enjoy reading your stories about jack, i can't wait to read the adventures yet to come. :)
  • Options
    like I said,
    hell on earth cat, ya dig.

it's screamin man. the part where they grabbed his limbs got my flesh acrawlin.

i think Jack is evolving don't you?
  • Options
    hey monkey,

just visited your web site. love the art work that goes along with the story. i will be visiting again..

and oooohhh God. how i dig Lance..looks like an exboyfriend minus the robe.

"Ill take the Pepsi challenge with that Amsterdam shit, any old fucking day of the week."

lol
  • Options
    Originally posted by BhagavadGita
    hey monkey,

just visited your web site. love the art work that goes along with the story. i will be visiting again..

and oooohhh God. how i dig Lance..looks like an exboyfriend minus the robe.

"Ill take the Pepsi challenge with that Amsterdam shit, any old fucking day of the week."

lol

Lance was a personal hero of mine a few years ago.
    ////
    ("_')
    /(G)-}----
    _/_\_
  • Options
    this is me according to the quiz link on your website Monkey.

i am Fabienne

You're sweet, but not naive - though you like to be babied like a child at times. You prefer to have a bad boy by your side, but sometimes have problems understanding why he has to run off to take care of business. You want to settle down, yet deep down inside, you are excited by the surprises life throws your way.
  • Options
    i took the pulp fiction quiz too.

gita and i are twins...both fabienne.
  • Options
    setaside2setaside2 Posts: 1,084
    Were The People mystics as well? because they just snapped that ancient piece right up now didn't they, without getting harmed or killed.... in fact they felt good enough to aim a little left...

it just doesn't fit.

I like the story. It reminds me of some Valiant Comics I read in the 1990's especially the ones with little Geoff the Geomancer and the Eternal Warrior and the Shadowman...

Good luck with Jack.
    I'm stepping in front of the gushing hydrant in a hurricane. I'd like to see the traction I keep.
  • Options
    Originally posted by setaside2
    Were The People mystics as well? because they just snapped that ancient piece right up now didn't they, without getting harmed or killed.... in fact they felt good enough to aim a little left...

it just doesn't fit.

I like the story. It reminds me of some Valiant Comics I read in the 1990's especially the ones with little Geoff the Geomancer and the Eternal Warrior and the Shadowman...

Good luck with Jack.

Right on! I loved those comics. Remember Darque?

The People and the Men that work for them are something quite different.

I have another story up called 'Ghosts' if you guys want to read it. It's still Jack but it has nothing to do with the first three parts. Just click on Ghost on my site.
    ////
    ("_')
    /(G)-}----
    _/_\_
  • Options
    Ghost is hauntingly beautiful.

It pulls at every emotion...heart, mind, body and soul.

I had tears streaming down my face until I got to the end...having loved someone and lost them I totally relate to their love story...

Thank you for sharing Jack and Anna with us.

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength". W. Shakespeare

Truthful words are not always beautiful; beautiful words are not always truthful....
  • Options
    I have another story up if anyone is interested, it's not about JAck though.
    ////
    ("_')
    /(G)-}----
    _/_\_