Options

Through Dead Eyes

puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
edited October 2003 in Poetry, Prose, Music & Art
So many people cheering me on. So much encouragement. I felt so safe as I began to climb the ladder of fame. The first steps were familiar, they were mine. I thought, this shit's easy.

The steps began to changed, not so familiar, yet not unfamiliar. I paused, looked down I saw familiar faces and many new ones. I thought cool, new shit.

I climbed on

So many people cheering me on. So much encouragement. I felt so safe as I began to climb the ladder of fame. Finally, I'm where I want to be - at the top. I thought, shit that's a long way down.

I got dizzy until someone pointed to what seemed like a tree stump for me to sit on. I climbed off the ladder onto what I thought was a tree stump only to discover it was a "pedestal". Quickly I stood up, ready to take the journey back down the ladder where I was comfortable, but the ladder was gone, along with everything familiar. I didn't know the faces looking back at me so I sat down.

Sitting high on my pedestal, I began to wonder how was I going to get the things I needed. I remember saying damn I'm hungry and food on a table appeared. I thought, shit that's cool. I said damn I'm lonely and people appeared. I thought, shit that really cool. I said damn, lets get this party started and the world was mines.

So many people cheering me on. So much encouragement. I felt so safe as I began to climb the ladder of fame. I have arrived baby, I have my own pedestal. I thought holy shit I'm God.

As I watch my life through dead eyes, I cried. I cried for those I didn't see, for the hands that reached for me only to have me pull back. I cry through dead eyes for those who tried to save me. Remember my story, for you could be me, for the price for fame. I died alone.
SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    At last, we all know how Steve Gutenburg feels.

Not that I've scaled many fame-ladders, but your account sounds distressingly accurate. A lot of people think that if you have fame and fortune, then you're obviously content.

This makes me even more enamored with our beloved PJ because, even though they've climbed to the Heavens of Godlike status, they still live on Earth.
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    sorry double post - deleted.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    howdy ms. magic :)

's getting cold up here!
    Nosotros nunca escuchamos la voz adentro