Options

Happy Halloween-ie

coleencoleen Posts: 938
edited October 2003 in Poetry, Prose, Music & Art
Today just happens to be my most favorite night of the entire year and though it may be considered sacrilige, even Xmas falls as a close second . Imagine for a moment the Nightmare Before Christmas and that about sums up my idea of how the world should be - Jack Skelington as Santa *sigh* maybe he's my inviso-man.

I love everything about Halloween - the leaves, the candy, the creepy movies that make us reach for someone to hold tightly as our safe haven, the pint sized trick or treaters (though they are fast becoming extinct perhaps - and sadly - for safety reasons) and of course the themed, and often cheesy, Halloween parties.

But above all else I love the costumes and the opportunity to try on a new personality for one night out of the year or maybe more likely the permission to allow part of our secret self this one night to come out and play.

So will anyone be joining me this evening and partaking in Halloween festivities? Will anyone else be so silly and bold as to play at being someone other than themselves tonight?

As for me, this year I'm a geisha. So what about the rest of you? Who are you today that you aren't on every other day of the year?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Geisha, huh? Me love you long time.

Today, I am Anti-Social Man. True, I was Anti-Social Man last year, and yesterday, and the day before that. At least I'm not Drop Cinder Blocks on Trick or Treaters from Rooftop Man. I ran out of cinder blocks.

My house will be painted in midnight and the only thing visible with be the wraith-like glow from my TV as I watch Halloween, Halloween H2O, and if I have time Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers. I'm sporting my Halloween H2O T-shirt at work (cunningly concealed under my sweater. I don't want to get reprimanded, now do I?) in honor of The Shape.

Happy Halloweenie!
  • Options
    ah radar, i've really missed you. so in your absence i've been reading rot - cover to cover to cover and back again. :)

yes indeedy a geisha it is, i've decided to take a break from my usual stint as anti-social (wo)man. shame though, we could have been an anti-social pair. maybe next time. :)
  • Options
    I'm a vampire! I vant to suck yer blood. My sis & I are taking my nephew out (he's spiderman!-what a cutie!) and then, when the babe's all snug in his little bed, with visions of all that candy in his head, we're doing my favorite thing on Halloween night---drinking, smoking & watching scary movies! I may even sneak The Rocky Horror Picture Show in the VCR-I so love Tim Curry as Dr. Frankenfurter! - I would just love to see a guy dressed up in that outfit on this special day!!!

Anyway--Everybody have a safe & happy Halloween! :D
    Forget your perfect offering, there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
  • Options
    B.E.:
    I think you would suck as a vampire.

coleen:
    Have your read Rot upside down? Secret subliminal messages are in it....................

Well, no, not really

and yet..........

oh, and yet.....
  • Options
    Originally posted by Radar(Baba)O'Riley
    B.E.:
    I think you would suck as a vampire.

LOL! Thanks! Ever seen the flick Transylvania 6-5000? I don't know why that popped into my head but it did. Pure cheesy hilarity! I SUCK! :o
    Forget your perfect offering, there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
  • Options
    coleen:
    Have your read Rot upside down? Secret subliminal messages are in it....................

up 'til now i'd only read it backwards, forward, sideways and down side up......but i'll be sure to look for the subliminal and upside down messages.
  • Options
    Originally posted by coleen
    up 'til now i'd only read it backwards, forward, sideways and down side up......but i'll be sure to look for the subliminal and upside down messages.

Have you read it in a cotton candy machine?
    Have you read it with Ed Gein?
    Have you read it in a douche?
    Have you read it and said "WHOOOSH!"
    Have you read it to a catepillar?
    Have you read it to a cat killer?
    Have you torn out the pages and plastered them to your bed
    with visions of vanishing wishes, dancing through your head?
  • Options

Have you torn out the pages and plastered them to your bed
    with visions of vanishing wishes, dancing through your head?

i would never tear the pages out.

but, i do all of my reading in bed with visions of vanishing wishes dancing through my head.