Options

CC - Birmingham on Tuesday (4th Sept)

luke.harvey3luke.harvey3 Posts: 283
edited September 2007 in Other Music
Sorry to make another Chris Cornell thread but was wondering who was going on tuesday night?

Anyone?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I'm going! I thought there was no one else. :(
  • Options
    Really wanted to go, had tickets to see him in May at the Astoria but couldnt make it on the day. So got really excited when he announced the Birmingham gig but damn him, i'm seeing the police that night at the NIA. Would rather see CC but not gonna miss this oprtunity to catch sting et al.
  • Options
    I'm going! I thought there was no one else. :(
    Well there at least 2! I cant miss CC when hes in town!!:)
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    I'll be there.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    Awesome gig! Where I was (second row) Cornell seemed too quiet and Peter Thorn's guitar was too loud. Still, great set, although Ty Cobb would have been really nice to hear. Still, Say Hello 2 Heaven, Burden In My Hand and Whole Lotta Love made the night for me.
  • Options
    Lisa81Lisa81 Posts: 132
    I was there, and it was amazing. From where I was standing Chris was very loud, his voice is so powerful, and the guitar not so loud, but i was much further back.
    Awesome gig, Say Hello To Heaven and Seasons were incredible!
    www.flickr.com/photos/ljrw
  • Options
    I was there, and it was amazing. From where I was standing Chris was very loud, his voice is so powerful, and the guitar not so loud, but i was much further back.
    Awesome gig, Say Hello To Heaven and Seasons were incredible!
  • Options
    Ok, don't know why that posted twice!
  • Options
    Was amazing!
    I didnt think we would get Say Hello 2 Heaven! Was definately the highlight for me! aswell as the drumstick landing on my shoulder!!:D
  • Options
    pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
    Amazing gig. I was blown away by the man's vocals. Great set list too.
    Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
    1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
  • Options
    Anyone remember the set list ?!
    Cymru Am Byth

1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
  • Options
    I saw him in Nottingham last night and it was outstanding. Slaves and Bulldozers to close was the highlights, although Let Me Drown and Outshined rocked too.

Would be interested to see that full setlist too if someone has it.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Astoria; Dublin; Leeds
    2007: Wembley; Nijmegen
    2008: New York I & II
    2009: Shepherds Bush; Manchester; London
    2010: Hyde Park
    2012: Manchester I & II; EV London I & II
    2014: Stockholm; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2017: EV Dublin
    2018: London II
    2019: EV London

• Options
    It was pretty awsome.
    Can't remember the whole set list. Just happy to get to hear Outshined, Slaves & Bulldozers, Jesus Christ Pose, Say Hello 2 Heaven, Call Me A Dog and the beautiful Season.
    He was on form. A voice to die for.
    Cymru Am Byth

• Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    There's a setlist in the thread about the London show. It's the same, just take out Preaching The End Of The World and Blow Up The Outside World and put in Call Me A Dog and What's So Funny About Peace Love And Understanding in their place. Also take out Ty Cobb, and you have the setlist, basically.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    What about a bootleg anyone?!!
  • Options
    Lisa81 wrote:
    What about a bootleg anyone?!!
    Now THAT would be awesome. Also, I hadn't thought much of the band before this night but I thought they were absolutely superb at Birmingham, much improved over the Astoria and Hyde Park.
  • Options
    I just read over at the Chris Cornell forum (I don't have an account, I don't feel the need to sign up to blow Cornell off every 5 minutes), that the same legendary fellow who recorded the Wembley Arena gig for PJ (superb quality, I REALLY appreciated it, as did everyone else), recorded the Birmingham show. I would be forever grateful if the Birmingham boot surfaced. It was a brilliant show and it would be fantastic to relive the memories. Thanks if it does surface.