Options

Jeff Buckley: The Grace Eps

glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
edited July 2007 in Other Music
i like
Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Jeff Buckley my brother.

Yes.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    1 Mojo Pin 5:42
    2 Grace 5:22
    3 Last Goodbye 4:35
    4 Lilac Wine 4:32
    5 So Real Buckley, Tighe 4:43
    6 Hallelujah 6:53
    7 Lover, You Should've Come Over 6:43
    8 Corpus Christi 2:56
    9 Eternal Life 4:52
    10 Dream Brother 5:26

solid spin right there
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Grace is one hell of an album.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    I've beem listening to this album like crazy lately. It's amazing. Can't wait for Amazing Grace to come out.
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    Unfortunately, the Grace EPs were pretty much made obsolete by the deluxe edition of the album.
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    Lisa81Lisa81 Posts: 132
    glasshouse wrote:
    i like
    I like too!
    www.flickr.com/photos/ljrw
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I love Jeff Buckley ... think Grace is an amazing album ... but ...

does anyone else feel they (who ever owns the rights, I think possibly his mom?) are REALLY stretching things out ... I think he's had more material released after he passed away then before.

I just feel he's being capitalized upon ... just my take ... I knwo there's a market for it, which probably makes it worth while ... perhaps I still feel bad he's gone.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    jimed14 wrote:
    I love Jeff Buckley ... think Grace is an amazing album ... but ...

does anyone else feel they (who ever owns the rights, I think possibly his mom?) are REALLY stretching things out ... I think he's had more material released after he passed away then before.

I just feel he's being capitalized upon ... just my take ... I knwo there's a market for it, which probably makes it worth while ... perhaps I still feel bad he's gone.
    his legacy hasn't been raped as much as some dead artists. I don't know why labels don't just release a boxset of all the unreleased material. Tupac Shakur recorded something like 150 songs in the last year of his life, not to mention unreleased stuff from before then which has ended up meaning he has had more posthumous albums than ones when he was alive. It's actually ridiculous because it means that people like eminem get given these tracks and say a few words on them, put their name to them and capitalise on the fact that it was sell a shitload just because it has Tupac's name on it.

I can't help thinking we need to leave artist's legacies alone to stand for themselves.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    jimed14 wrote:

It's a bit of a stretch, but most of the posthumous stuff has been pretty top notch. You don't even feel all that bad about re-buy the stuff you had because they've added so much bonus material (like on Grace and Sine).

The recent "greatest hits" album was overkill, though.
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg