Options

Kyuss

Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
edited June 2007 in Other Music
For some reason we don't have a Kyuss thread. any Kyuss fans out there?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Um...fuck yes.
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    word
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Great band. Welcome To Sky Valley is one of my favourite albums.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    For some reason we don't have a Kyuss thread.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=226522
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • Options
    Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    I try not to zombify dead threads.
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,285
    I saw them open for Faith No More in '93. They were HEAVY, DARK, and Very good live.
  • Options
    OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Great band which had an equally great run on the underground rock scene. If you appreciate the stoner rock sub-genre as much as I do, be sure to check out Year Long Disaster who will be touring with Clutch again later this summer.
  • Options
    MojopinMojopin Posts: 216
    Oh fuck ya!

Mojo
    "A consistently good band works all the different elements well. A song has to appeal sentimentally, intellectually, physically, viscerally, and dig deep down into your soul and suck you into it. And after that, of course, it'd be a matter of taste." ~ Kim Thayil from Soundgarden
  • Options
    lephtylephty Posts: 770
    50 million year trip got me hooked
  • Options
    pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    there are threads on kyuss but i could care less because they're probably one of the coolest bands ever. welcome to sky valley and blues for the red sun are at the top for me. just wish that i could've seen them live....thank god there's qotsa
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    my girlfriend got me into Kyuss about 6 years ago. i'm really diggin' "100 Degrees" right now.
  • Options
    great band...
    all of you should listen to Los Natas, an incredible argentinian group, they are in the same road
    ...can´t wear my mask, your first my last...
  • Options
    niallniall Posts: 244
    Welcome to sky valley is an amazing album. The guitar on that album is superb.
  • Options
    Lisa81Lisa81 Posts: 132
    One of my favs, love them!
    www.flickr.com/photos/ljrw
  • Options
    larslars Posts: 524
    ...and the circus leaves town is their best cd. They rule(d)!
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • Options
    illfatedillfated Posts: 65
    lars wrote:
    ...and the circus leaves town is their best cd. They rule(d)!

EL RODEO!!!!!!!
  • Options
    glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    you won't believe this my brothers: i've only once seen a Kuyss album in a music store (blues for the red sun) and i didn't buy it. till this very day i still don't know what the fuck i was thinking.
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Options
    ArctangentArctangent Posts: 614
    glasshouse wrote:
    you won't believe this my brothers: i've only once seen a Kuyss album in a music store (blues for the red sun) and i didn't buy it. till this very day i still don't know what the fuck i was thinking.

you should have bought it. blues for the red sun is my favourite kyuss album. very good band. as much as i loved them i just can't quite get into queens of the stone age though.
  • Options
    pdh1978pdh1978 Posts: 211
    I don't know much about them, although I love QOTSA. What exactly is the link between the two bands?
    If you all stop hitting refresh for just two minutes, I can buy my tickets...
  • Options
    ArctangentArctangent Posts: 614
    pdh1978 wrote:
    I don't know much about them, although I love QOTSA. What exactly is the link between the two bands?

nick oliveri and josh homme were both in kyuss.
  • Options
    toddiet123toddiet123 Posts: 271
    glasshouse wrote:

check this out..show download to boot. its another music site I do.

http://forgottendiscfriday.blogspot.com/2007/06/fdf-volume-1-issue-59-kyuss-and-circus.html
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Arctangent wrote:
    nick oliveri and josh homme were both in kyuss.
    Very correct.

Just as an FYI though Nick only played on Wretch & Blues to the red sun. He was replaced by Scott Reeder after.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    its_okits_ok Posts: 198
    Now you guys made me put on Thumb, thats one heavy f***in song
    PJ
    2000 Roskilde, 2006 Barcelona, 2007 London, Copenhagen, 2008 New York 1, New York 2, 2009 Berlin, 2010 Dublin, Belfast, 2012 Amsterdam 1, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, 2013 Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014 Milan, Trieste, Berlin, Stockholm, Milton Keynes

EV
    2012 Manchester, London 1, London 2