Options

greatest live band you've seen?

124»

Comments

• Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,865
    Pearl jam is #1
    Metallica & NIN (NIN if moshing is unreal)
    Live and Aerosmith- Both were awesome- see them if you can
    MMJ- their live set made me a fan
    Skid Row and Petty-
    Marilyn manson pre freakshow

not top 5
    1. guns and roses- they sucked
    2. soundgarden saw them lat enear breakup time may have had something to do with it
    3. thunder and lightning
    4. red red meat
  • Options
    Pearl Jam is my #1 :D

Okey, I admit , untill now the only concert i have seen was Pearl Jam...
    But....who cares , hehe , they owned Antwerp that night :)
  • Options
    The best live show I have ever seen is Nine Inch Nails. They are followed closely by Radiohead.
    I got scratches all over my arms, one for each day since I fell apart.

Me you wouldn't recall for I'm not my former.

St. Louis 10/11/00
    West Palm Beach 4/11/03
    Kissimmee 10/8/04
    West Palm Beach 6/12/08
    Tampa 6/13/08
  • Options
    1. Pearl Jam
    2. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
    3. Metallica
    4. Aerosmith
    5. Alice In Chains (Without Layne)

Other Favorites:

Counting Crows, Kid Rock, Godsmack, KISS, Neil Young, O.A.R.
    08-19-08 (Riverside Theater) Vedder(Solo) Milwaukee, WI
    07-02-11 (Orpheum Theatre) Vedder(Solo) Minneapolis, MN
  • Options
    solace23solace23 Posts: 704
    Pearl Jam
    Bruce Springsteen
    Gomez
  • Options
    The one band that blew me away live were Aerosmith i couldnt believe how amazing they were
    Cornell pwns u
  • Options
    ~Dimitri~ wrote:
    Pearl Jam is my #1 :D

Okey, I admit , untill now the only concert i have seen was Pearl Jam...
    But....who cares , hehe , they owned Antwerp that night :)

Buddy, there is a whole world of music out there, you need to get out more.
    www.myspace.com/olafvonmastadon
  • Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    1. alice in chains (duvall)
    2. pearl jam
    3. nine inch nails
    4. rush
    5. foo fighters
    6. ac/dc
    7. deftones
    8. weezer
    9. blue rodeo
    10. pixies
  • Options
    Pearl Jam and then the foo fighters, Daver Mathews sucks. For all of those who were at BSB, you'll know what I mean. Pearl Jam # fucking 1.
    Eddie: "Those who dance are called insane by those who don't hear the music."

Eddie: "There is a girl in the front and her shirt says 'F*CK ME EDDY'... well you'd have to spell my name right first."

Summerfest '95, Summerfest '06, BSB (1 & 2) '06, Wembley '07, Lollapalooza '07
  • Options
    nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    Pearl Jam, Any show I've been to
    Spiritualized, Denver 2002 (very close second, fucking brilliant!)
    RATM, Red Rocks 1996
    The Cure, 1989 Prayer Tour
  • Options
    greatest live band i've ever seen? omg! it's a contest!! lmfao ;)

hmmmm the answer changes, per day/month/year

there is NO absolute greatest. there never can be and for that i am thankful.

lately...
    the drive by truckers are delivering the goods, among others.
  • Options
    deep_schismicdeep_schismic Bremen, Germany Posts: 158
    I would love to see Rush, King Crimson and Camel if they are still together...Somehow I doubt any of them would come to Australia though
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
    ***melbourne.19.2.2003|berlin.23.9.2006|berlin.15.08.2009|berlin.04.07.2012|berlin.05.07.2012|amsterdam 16.06.2014|berlin 26.06.2014
  • Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Pearl Jam
    TOOL
    Jurassic 5
    Eric Clapton
    Mr Scruff

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options
    I have been to 25-30 shows and have only had 3 disappointments.

Tom Petty with the Crowes- I know Petty is a legend and I seen him before and he was amazing, but the Crowes shoulda definitely closed the show. TBC had the place ready to explode, then Petty came out and seemingly halfassed it.

Les Claypool- Got my buzz on and was hopin to be freaked out by his bass virtuosity and the crazy stuff that only Les can do, but Drums and Tuba stole the show right from under him

Bob Dylan- The legend of all legends did not live up to his status the night I seen him.

Among the best I've seen: PJ5x, Crowes2x, Tool3x, Page/Plant, Velvet Revolver, David Gilmour............ After all these shows I was completely drained but still had this really hyper buzz.
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    I have been to 25-30 shows and have only had 3 disappointments.

Tom Petty with the Crowes- I know Petty is a legend and I seen him before and he was amazing, but the Crowes shoulda definitely closed the show. TBC had the place ready to explode, then Petty came out and seemingly halfassed it.

Les Claypool- Got my buzz on and was hopin to be freaked out by his bass virtuosity and the crazy stuff that only Les can do, but Drums and Tuba stole the show right from under him

Bob Dylan- The legend of all legends did not live up to his status the night I seen him.

Among the best I've seen: PJ5x, Crowes2x, Tool3x, Page/Plant, Velvet Revolver, David Gilmour............ After all these shows I was completely drained but still had this really hyper buzz.

As far as Dylan as concered I can see what you mean. I saw him in 2002 on his love and theft tour but he played the Houston live stock show and rodeo for our stop on that one. He was mediocre (did I spell that right?) He was not good, he wasn't bad either but my parents would beg to differ with me. He did not talk to the crowd at all. I'm not sure if he does that everynight or not, just found it very odd. The stage at the Houston rodeo rotates and I'm assumimg that is why Lay Lady lay got fucked up: they should have started that one over. By the end of the show it seemed Dylan was having fun, but he must have been pissed with the way things went down, cause they didn't even come back for a 2nd encore even with the rodeo announcer dude on the PA encouraging him along with us. I'm gonna see Dylan again though. I need to see him in a theater type setting where it's his own show, and not some hee- haw circus
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    Very interesting you say that. I saw them in Holmdel, NJ on that same tour and The Black Crowes were horrible. They were sitting down some of the time just sounded like a couple of guys fucking around in a garage, not like a show at all.'

It's close between Phish and Pearl Jam. I think had I been more into Phish when I saw them, as i am now, it would have been a better show. Although I've seen DMB about 6x, the only show that stood out was Camden II this past summer. They played so much longer and jammed so much better than I've ever seen.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Options
    #1-Pearl Jam
    #2-Marilyn Manson
    #3-Ani Difranco, Tragically Hip, Tool, RATM
  • Options
    my top 5 greatest live experiences:

1. Michael Jackson (1995)
    2. Incubus (2003)
    3. Black Sabbath (2005)
    4. Death Cab for Cutie (2006)
    5. System of a Down (2005) (i dont even listen to these guys anymore, but their concert was so awesome)
  • Options
    red mos wrote:
    As far as Dylan as concered I can see what you mean. I saw him in 2002 on his love and theft tour but he played the Houston live stock show and rodeo for our stop on that one. He was mediocre (did I spell that right?) He was not good, he wasn't bad either but my parents would beg to differ with me. He did not talk to the crowd at all. I'm not sure if he does that everynight or not, just found it very odd. The stage at the Houston rodeo rotates and I'm assumimg that is why Lay Lady lay got fucked up: they should have started that one over. By the end of the show it seemed Dylan was having fun, but he must have been pissed with the way things went down, cause they didn't even come back for a 2nd encore even with the rodeo announcer dude on the PA encouraging him along with us. I'm gonna see Dylan again though. I need to see him in a theater type setting where it's his own show, and not some hee- haw circus

I'm a huge Bob Dylan fan I saw him for the first time on the love and theft tour also, I thought he was pretty good but kinda hard to understand. He never talks to the crowd at all he's a really shy guy I never really thought that was a big deal. Then I saw him 2 years ago 2 nights in a row at a smaller venue and he was horrible...his voice is shot, I'm a big fan but I think he seriously needs to hang it up as far as touring goes.
    08-19-08 (Riverside Theater) Vedder(Solo) Milwaukee, WI
    07-02-11 (Orpheum Theatre) Vedder(Solo) Minneapolis, MN
  • Options
    NeroNero Posts: 3
    The best live show I've ever seen was Alice in Chains. Saw them last July actually.