Options

Tom Petty in Atlanta..

Bdog10Bdog10 Boca Posts: 471
edited August 2006 in Other Music
Anyone going to see Petty in Atlanta on Sept. 22. The Strokes are opening so I think it would be pretty cool. Thinking about going. Anybody?
"I want to go...but I don't want to go alone...With you I could never feel alone..."

Randall's Island 96 and haven't stopped since...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I saw Tom Pett and the Heartbreakers in Dallas about a month ago, and the show was just fucking fantastic. I left a whole blog at my my space page. http://www.myspace.com/KEBPJFAN
    If I had the opporunity to be in Atlanta to see them, I so would. The strokes opening seems like a plus as well. (I have not seen the Strokes, but I hope to see them eventually). I say go to the show, and maybe my blog may help you make your final decision. I have the private profile thing on, but you should still be able to see the blog, if not, I'll add you as a friend, I just did the privacy thing cause my page got messed with, and I thought doing the privacy thing would eliminate that.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    Thanks. I will check it out. I saw Petty a few years back in Jersey, when Bob Dylan opened for him. I had a great time and I really like Petty's Music. I am most likely going to go. Just wanted to see if anyone here was going also.
    "I want to go...but I don't want to go alone...With you I could never feel alone..."

• Options
    I saw tom petty at summerfest with PJ opening. He was good, but PJ was better, at least too me. The best thing about Tom Petty was when Eddie sang two songs. It was a really great show! :cool:
    Eddie: "Those who dance are called insane by those who don't hear the music."

Eddie: "There is a girl in the front and her shirt says 'F*CK ME EDDY'... well you'd have to spell my name right first."

Summerfest '95, Summerfest '06, BSB (1 & 2) '06, Wembley '07, Lollapalooza '07
  • Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    Saw him in Pittsburgh a few weeks ago, and fucking amazing. Allman Brothers opened, with a just under two hours smokin' set which Derek & Warren were on fire for, and a crowd in record numbers for Post-Gazette. Petty puts on a fantastic show - it'll be worth it.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    I'll be there!! But I'm going with some friends who don't like to put out some extra bucks for some good seats. In other words, I'm on the lawn. There better be a good vibe on the grass or I'll be pissed. Can't wait to see the Strokes. I saw Petty in Charlotte to kick off the tour. This will be my third Petty show!
  • Options
    SaveYou76 wrote:
    I'll be there!! But I'm going with some friends who don't like to put out some extra bucks for some good seats. In other words, I'm on the lawn. There better be a good vibe on the grass or I'll be pissed. Can't wait to see the Strokes. I saw Petty in Charlotte to kick off the tour. This will be my third Petty show!

Yeah, I will probably be on the lawn as well, since I have not got tickets yet and I assume all the seats are sold out by now. Still looking forward to it though.

• Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    Not sure about Atlanta, but Pittsburgh was $50 for reserved seating. Yeah, I sat in the lawn. It was a giant party, and was incredible.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I am considering getting lawn seats to the Atlanta show. Have not made up my mind yet though.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    SaveYou76 wrote:
    Keep watch for Ushers on the lawn. We had lawn seats in Dallas, but we were able to move to the uncovered reserved center of Smirnoff center, because an usher was passing out tickets. We paid $40 for lawn, but wound up getting a 40 dollar more seats for free. I have heard of this happening at shows, and it finally happened to my friends and I, so be on the look out for those kind of things if it happens. Either way lawn or seats, Petty is indeed one of the best acts I have seen. Got good vibes from the Petty crowd, and it was one huge party. We got Stevie Nicks for a few songs with Tom, and that was GREAT! Just thought I'd let you know, Ushers do mill around the lawn and pass out unsold seats. By the time Petty hit the stage, I think the place was sold out. We were packed like sardines in a tin can.
  • Options
    YOu couldn't pay me a million bucks to go to HIFIBUYS for a show. PJ would be the only artist I would go there for. Worst concert venue in the USA.
  • Options
    YOu couldn't pay me a million bucks to go to HIFIBUYS for a show. PJ would be the only artist I would go there for. Worst concert venue in the USA.
    I don't know about that... the Astrodome in Houston was pretty crap ass too.;)
  • Options
    I'll be on the lawn tonight, hoping that it does not rain! And hi-Fi buys is not that bad of a venue! He puts on a great show there!
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    intodeep wrote:
    I am considering getting lawn seats to the Atlanta show. Have not made up my mind yet though.

I decided not to go, i'm sure it will be a great show though! Hope all those going have a great time and burn one down for me ;)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    I'll be there tonight, on the lawn, with my PJ hoodie (if it doesn't rain)!!
  • Options
    SaveYou76 wrote:
    I'll be there tonight, on the lawn, with my PJ hoodie (if it doesn't rain)!!
    I have been praying it won't rain!! Just be cloudy damnit!

• Options
    Great show, eh? And we got Stevie Nicks!!! Freakin' awesome!

But yeah, the venue did kinda suck. Parking was a mess!!! The only place I could find was 20 bucks. But it was a great show, and definitely worth it.
  • Options
    Sweet Show!! I can't believe Stevie Nicks was there, that was a treat. He did a great setlist as well. I'm so glad we didn't get rained on too.