Options

Tool Tickets

faceinthecloudsfaceintheclouds Posts: 1,739
edited April 2006 in Other Music
so i managed to get 3 to detroit. 10 other people i know were not as fortunate. i even tried for chicago and had no luck. anyone else get tix or get shut out? they were hard as hell to get.
Just, not enough.
I need more.
Nothing seems to satisfy.
I said, I dont want it.
I just need it.
To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    I need 3 to Chicago if anyone can score some tix???

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• Options
    suns22suns22 Posts: 94
    I got shut out all morning for the dallas show.

I was really pissed because there was no telling how many tickets went to scalpers.

The funny thing is, I tried just for the hell of it about ten minutes ago, and I was able to get a single ticket! :D

But then I realized I'm going to have to go to the show and drive there by myself from Austin. :(

If anyone else has been shut out, try buying just one ticket...who knows it might work.
    San Antonio '03
    Houston '03
    Dallas '03
    Hopefully more to come in TX.......some day.
    Bonnaroo '08
  • Options
    It was hell here in NY. They are having the show at a venue that has mostly has operas and ballet. They didnt use ticketmaster which I hate normally but its so much better then goin thru the venues website which crashed 10 minutes before tickets went on sale cause it couldnt handle the traffic.

The phone was worse I redialed for 3 hours with no luck. Then finally the woman on the phone told me the show as sold out at 2:45. The tickets went on sale at 11 am but people couldnt get thru so I kept hearing tickets were still available.

At 3:30 I went to check out the website and registered just for the hell of it and thought it was a waste of time. Clicked on but tickets option and came up only orchestra available which I thought was a joke. Selected 2 tickets and actually got 2 tickets orchestra row M. And hour after tickets were officially sold out. Thank god cause I wasnt paying $500 for a pair.

The Devils killed the Rangers so besides the rain im happy. So many concerts coming up PJ in Albany on May 12th. GNR on the 17th. Tool on the 19th. Then PJ on Jun 1st and 3rd damn I cant wait.
    1998- MSG 1
    2003- MSG 1 & 2
    2006- Irving Plaza, Albany, NJ 1 & 2
    2008- MSG 1 & 2
    2008- EV NYC 2
    2010- Hartford
    2016- MSG 2
  • Options
    KricketKricket Posts: 707
    so i managed to get 3 to detroit. 10 other people i know were not as fortunate. i even tried for chicago and had no luck. anyone else get tix or get shut out? they were hard as hell to get.
    See you in Detroit....I managed to get 2 main flr :)
  • Options
    dana_bdana_b Posts: 141
    Yeah, we tried for the Oakland show but no luck. :( What sucks is that my kid is in the fan club and they didn't have any presales. Hopefully they will for the arena tour. It really makes me appreciate the Ten Club.
  • Options
    TrufretTrufret Posts: 3
    Me and my friends were about 20th in line at the Fox theatre box office for Detroit this morning and the show sold out with us being next in line at the window. I really wanted to go but I'm not gonna pay those fucking scalpers $300+ a ticket. this is what happens when this is no 10C setup and scalpers run the show. I guess I hope someone can't go and wants to sell their detroit tickets for close to face value otherwise I won't be there.
    Detroit-2000/10/07 Detroit-2003/06/25 Toronto-2003/06/28 Toledo-2004/10/02 Kitchener-2005/09/11 London-2005/09/12 Hamilton-2005/09/13 Toronto-2005/09/19 Toronto-2006/05/09 Toronto-2006/05/10 Detroit-2006/05/22
  • Options
    Trufret wrote:
    Me and my friends were about 20th in line at the Fox theatre box office for Detroit this morning and the show sold out with us being next in line at the window. I really wanted to go but I'm not gonna pay those fucking scalpers $300+ a ticket. this is what happens when this is no 10C setup and scalpers run the show. I guess I hope someone can't go and wants to sell their detroit tickets for close to face value otherwise I won't be there.
    THAT SUCKS. THAT HAPPENED TO ME IN 2001. 2 PEOPLE IN FRONT OF ME AT THE STATE THEATRE. FUCK I WAS PISSED. I WAS WAITING TO HEAR HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE IN LINE BEFORE THEY SOLD OUT. THERE WERE ABOUT 150 PEOPLE IN FRONT OF ME AT THE STATE. 20 IN FRONT OF YOU, THAT SUCKS. IM SORRY.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
  • Options
    edstonededstoned Posts: 69
    Trufret wrote:
    I got 2 for Detroit. Sold out by 10:03am.
    "He who forgets, will be destined to remember"

69 shows and counting.....
  • Options
    edstoned wrote:
    I got 2 for Detroit. Sold out by 10:03am.
    See you in Detroit!!!
  • Options
    TrufretTrufret Posts: 3
    THAT SUCKS. THAT HAPPENED TO ME IN 2001. 2 PEOPLE IN FRONT OF ME AT THE STATE THEATRE. FUCK I WAS PISSED. I WAS WAITING TO HEAR HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE IN LINE BEFORE THEY SOLD OUT. THERE WERE ABOUT 150 PEOPLE IN FRONT OF ME AT THE STATE. 20 IN FRONT OF YOU, THAT SUCKS. IM SORRY.
    from what I heard the state reserved so many tickets for the box office. The fox didn't do this so every ticket was up for grabs. Didn't help the fact that people infront were bugging the guy to search for particular seats and were paying with credit cards which took several minutes a piece.
    Detroit-2000/10/07 Detroit-2003/06/25 Toronto-2003/06/28 Toledo-2004/10/02 Kitchener-2005/09/11 London-2005/09/12 Hamilton-2005/09/13 Toronto-2005/09/19 Toronto-2006/05/09 Toronto-2006/05/10 Detroit-2006/05/22
  • Options
    dana_b wrote:
    Yeah, we tried for the Oakland show but no luck. :( What sucks is that my kid is in the fan club and they didn't have any presales. Hopefully they will for the arena tour. It really makes me appreciate the Ten Club.

I tried for 10 minutes at 10am, each time I got a "no tickets available" message. On my 11th try I was able to score 1 ticket, I figured it would be easier than trying to get a pair.

I hope you and you son get in. I'm in the fan club too and was bummed they didn't open it up to us. Oh well, worse things have happened. But I think something shady is happening between TM and the ticket brokers, someone is sleeping with someone!!!
  • Options
    I tried for 10 minutes at 10am, each time I got a "no tickets available" message. On my 11th try I was able to score 1 ticket, I figured it would be easier than trying to get a pair.

I hope you and you son get in. I'm in the fan club too and was bummed they didn't open it up to us. Oh well, worse things have happened. But I think something shady is happening between TM and the ticket brokers, someone is sleeping with someone!!!
    FUCKIN WHORES, LIKE $600 FOR 1 TICKET ON THE BROKERS WEBSITES. 313TICKETS.COM SHIT LIKE THAT
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
  • Options
    dana_bdana_b Posts: 141

Glad to hear that someone got at least one! That's great! Actually it's my daughter (no son) and although she's disappointed, she knows that we'll be trying again when they do the arena tour.

This thing with the ticket brokers has been going o for a while now and it's not going to stop. There's too much $$ in it for the brokers and Ebay scalpers. Let's face it, before the internet and Ebay, most people wouldn't have thought of buying tickets for a show that they had no intention of going to. Now, everyone and their brother has become a scalper. That's why Ten Club is so damn good. Even at small shows, they try to do something for Ten Club members. Tool's fan club just came out and said "no presales", that's it.
  • Options
    yahtzeeyahtzee Posts: 9
    i managed to get two decent tickets for the detroit show. but, i'd rather go to the toronto show. anyone interested in a trade???
  • Options
    WashMyLoveWashMyLove Posts: 804
    Does anyone know when NYC tix goes on sale???
  • Options
    USCJeffUSCJeff Posts: 92
    I caved and bought a pair or Vegas tix for $400 off ebay :(
  • Options
    beakbeak Posts: 148
    You guys going to the Fox in Detroit are in for a treat if you haven't been there yet. It is by far one of the most kick ass venues of that size ever.
    www.NickBpt.com
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,086
    WashMyLove wrote:
    Does anyone know when NYC tix goes on sale???

Both shows went on sale Saturday.
  • Options
    dirtdirt Posts: 398
    beak wrote:
    You guys going to the Fox in Detroit are in for a treat if you haven't been there yet. It is by far one of the most kick ass venues of that size ever.

10,000% agreed! I just cannot believe they are playing there...and that I was lucky enough to get tickets for the show.
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    FUCKIN WHORES, LIKE $600 FOR 1 TICKET ON THE BROKERS WEBSITES. 313TICKETS.COM SHIT LIKE THAT

lol, yeah, $1798 for two 3rd row tix to the Oakland show, I'm a huge scalper hater, lol...bastards
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    I got ONE TICKET for Dallas, what a bitch that was. These sold out in less than thirty seconds for most places, I heard.

The "find best seating" option for the Dallas show returned no tickets for my search five seconds after the tickets went on sale. Luckily, searching specifically for the nosebleeds yielded one ticket which I thankfully snatched.
  • Options
    suns22suns22 Posts: 94
    I got ONE TICKET for Dallas, what a bitch that was. These sold out in less than thirty seconds for most places, I heard.

The "find best seating" option for the Dallas show returned no tickets for my search five seconds after the tickets went on sale. Luckily, searching specifically for the nosebleeds yielded one ticket which I thankfully snatched.

Yea, I was in a similar situation like you. I tried to get tickets the second they went on sale, but was denied for about twenty minutes.

Later in the afternoon, I tried just for the hell of it, not really expecting anything and I scored one ticket. It sucks I have to go by myself, but fuck it, it's tool!
    San Antonio '03
    Houston '03
    Dallas '03
    Hopefully more to come in TX.......some day.
    Bonnaroo '08
  • Options
    beak wrote:
    Totally...I always love going to the fox, it has so much character, one of my fave smaller venues.
  • Options
    here is a pic of the NY City Center

http://www.rlorelli.com/Project%20Photos/City%20Center-1.jpg

it's going to be fucking sick
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    We had 4 people lookin for tix and got completely shut out for the chicago show. However, my buddies gf posted a bulletin on her myspace, and toolband.com webmaster(Blair?) messaged her back, and askin what show she was tryin to get tickets for. They met at a Volto show in LA, and got acquainted. I'm not holdin my breath, but I am crossin my fingers.
  • Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    We had 4 people lookin for tix and got completely shut out for the chicago show. However, my buddies gf posted a bulletin on her myspace, and toolband.com webmaster(Blair?) messaged her back, and askin what show she was tryin to get tickets for. They met at a Volto show in LA, and got acquainted. I'm not holdin my breath, but I am crossin my fingers.
  • Options
    pejamrlpejamrl Posts: 35
    People who didn't get a ticket relax next time they come around on a full tour there will be plenty of seats. I showed up ten minutes before the show last time and got a 4th row ticket. The only big deal is a small venue on this promo tour.

I saw A Perfect Circle at Berkley in Boston when they were doing the same thing. Sound wasn't much different from 1,220 seat venue to a larger venues the second time around. I think it's just people like the bragging rights that come along with seeing them in such a small place. Like it was some exclusive crowd.
    Mansfield Sept 16,98'
    Aug 29,30 00'
    Jul 2,3,11 03'
    Boston Sep 28,29 04'
    Borgata Sep 30 05'
    Hartford May 13 06'
    Boston May 24,25 06'
    Mansfield June 28, 30 08'
    Vedder solo tour Aug 1 08'