Options

Blatent Rip Off!!!

jack_bass_playerjack_bass_player Posts: 1,126
edited April 2006 in Other Music
Just noticed this when my iPod was on shuffle:

Listen to the "Your Time Has Come" riff by Audioslave......then check out "Bad Seed" from Metallica's reLoad album.
2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
2007 - London
2009 - London, Manchester, London
2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
2011 - Alpine Valley x2
2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Goodness me this topic has been done to death for almost a year since the AS record came out! The general consensus is that yes it is similar, almost identical, but not quite. Tom Morello really doesn't need to be borrowing riffs from Metallica, the song as a whole sounds nothing like Bad Seed. Besides, the Audioslave song is good, and what you are doing with such a shitty Metallica song on your iPod is more to the point here!
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Man bad Seed is a great song. Audioslave took the riff and made it shitty
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    Echoes wrote:
    Man bad Seed is a great song. Audioslave took the riff and made it shitty

Load > Reload
    PJ Shows:

9/05/2000 Pittsburgh
    4/26/2003 Pittsburgh
    6/23/2006 Pittsburgh

Under your tongue...I’m like a tab...
    I will give you what...you’re not s’posed to have
    Pearl Jam - Last Exit
  • Options
    darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    What is it with you ppl and Audioslave?!! Audioslave is an awesome man, don't diss Chris Cornell!!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    Audioslave is way better than metallica.

soundgarden is INCOMPARIBLE.. so is RATM.. and audioslave keeps the level high enough.

the only complaint i have about morello is he tends to stick with the 5-7-0 type format..

there's your similarity.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    What is it with you ppl and Audioslave?!! Audioslave is an awesome man, don't diss Chris Cornell!!!

Audioslave suck and chris cornell can't sing anymore.

And together Load and Reload would have made a pretty decent album, methinks.
  • Options
    Echoes wrote:

That surprises me Echoes, I thought you were gonna say both bands suck. ;)

Personally, I dig Met's Load/ReLoad, though they haven't blasted my speakers for a long time. Maybe I'll pull them out tonight.
    "If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done"

If you can't get high on purely music and the sounds that you hear, you're missing out on something.
  • Options
    Echoes wrote:

Chris Cornell can still sing better than 99% of rock vocalists out there, fair enough if you don't like the band, but as a singer he is still very impressive. I'll post a couple of acoustic songs he did on last years tour if you don't believe it.
  • Options
    That surprises me Echoes, I thought you were gonna say both bands suck. ;)

Personally, I dig Met's Load/ReLoad, though they haven't blasted my speakers for a long time. Maybe I'll pull them out tonight.

I liked them heaps more than the steaming sack of shit the Black album was. And hey Soundgarden had some good tracks so I can't discount the dude completely. He isn't the demigod most people here make him out to be

And facespollution - I happen to think 99% of rock vocalists (that I listen to, anyways) have better voices than Cornell does right now. It is all subjective.
  • Options
    Echoes wrote:
    I liked them heaps more than the steaming sack of shit the Black album was. And hey Soundgarden had some good tracks so I can't discount the dude completely. He isn't the demigod most people here make him out to be

And facespollution - I happen to think 99% of rock vocalists (that I listen to, anyways) have better voices than Cornell does right now. It is all subjective.

Um, power and range aren't really subjective, Cornell right now has a more powerful voice with greater range than 99% of rock singers out there, does that work better for you? And go take a listen to the song Slaves and Bulldozers by Soundgarden, there's the demigod right there.
  • Options
    Um, power and range aren't really subjective, Cornell right now has a more powerful voice with greater range than 99% of rock singers out there, does that work better for you? And go take a listen to the song Slaves and Bulldozers by Soundgarden, there's the demigod right there.
    he's right you know..

oh and just to bring in the subject matter... Metallica have mediocre vocals.. just this side of crap.

Cornell is still amazing
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    BradassBradass Posts: 88
    Yeah, and Cochise sounds exactly like "I'm broken" by Pantera
    One time I was trying to print a picture of me so I could give it to a friend to cheer him up after he was diagnosed with cancer, but the printer jammed, and my friend died.
  • Options
    the only complaint i have about morello is he tends to stick with the 5-7-0 type format..

What's that mean?? .....5-7-0
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    depploverdepplover Posts: 189
    audioslave is awesome!! they dont need to copy anyone!! especially metallica.. :/
    5/09/06, 5/10/06 - FUCKIN AMAZING!!!!