Options

Roger Waters playing in Toronto

dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
edited May 2006 in Other Music
Tickets went on sale today. Did anyone get tickets? I got mine. I can't wait. Its going to be amazing.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Count me in!!!!
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    If he is half as good as Gilmour was it will be amazing.

Count on DSOTM in its entirety. Itsa shame Dave wont be there to sing the songs. Roger sounds so old, esp since alotta his vox are more spoken than sung.
  • Options
    KricketKricket Posts: 707
    Got 12th row center Flr for the ACC!!!!

Well my dad got them.
  • Options
    DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    This guy's genius blows my mind - One in a million talent folks
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I got my tickets this morning. I can't believe I'm seeing Dave, Richard, Roger, and maybe (doubtfully) Nick in the same year.

I got decent 100's, nothing special, but as I expected with my shit connection at work.

Sea U in Sept
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:
    I got my tickets this morning. I can't believe I'm seeing Dave, Richard, Roger, and maybe (doubtfully) Nick in the same year.

I got decent 100's, nothing special, but as I expected with my shit connection at work.

Sea U in Sept
    Your from my small town and we seem to always be hitting the shows, we should start to carpool!!!!
  • Options
    Kricket wrote:
    Your from my small town and we seem to always be hitting the shows, we should start to carpool!!!!

Are you sure? What small town is that?
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Are you sure? What small town is that?
    Good old Chemical Valley ;)
  • Options
    Kricket wrote:
    Good old Chemical Valley ;)

Ahh the Sarnia area - wrong person. My girlfriend is from out there, but we currently live in in Mississauga
  • Options
    dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    If he is half as good as Gilmour was it will be amazing.

Count on DSOTM in its entirety. Itsa shame Dave wont be there to sing the songs. Roger sounds so old, esp since alotta his vox are more spoken than sung.

I'm still pissed off I didn't get to see Dave when he came to Toronto a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    KravenKraven Posts: 829
    I am seeing him at the the Tweeter Center in Massachusetts. So psyched. Can't wait to hear DSotM live. I will be missing Gilmour actually playing the guitar on the tracks, but it should still be good. I hope he plays Shine On You Crazy Diamond, and Comfortably Numb (which will be different w/o Gilmour)
    32 shows and counting...
  • Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Kraven wrote:
    I am seeing him at the the Tweeter Center in Massachusetts. So psyched. Can't wait to hear DSotM live. I will be missing Gilmour actually playing the guitar on the tracks, but it should still be good. I hope he plays Shine On You Crazy Diamond, and Comfortably Numb (which will be different w/o Gilmour)

He had Doyle Bramhall play on the In the Flesh tour. Amazing guitarist in his own right. Really crazy watchin him play, he strings his guitar upside down. I miss Gilmour's vocals more than his guitar on that tour. He doesnt improvise much, so imo a fill in is almost as good. Roger doesnt even have that craziness in his voice anymore.

There is another guy that plays some acoustic guitar and sings Gilmour songs.
  • Options
    So did anyone try for Waters tix today? I managed to get 15th row on the flr for Detroit this mourning, and another set 25 rows from the stage.
  • Options
    Kricket wrote:
    So did anyone try for Waters tix today? I managed to get 15th row on the flr for Detroit this mourning, and another set 25 rows from the stage.

Pretty good seats...15th rows ones anyways
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Pretty good seats...15th rows ones anyways
    I know....and I got 12th row dead center for the TO show too :)