Options

Third Day and other Christian Bands

2»

Comments

• Options
    pj_zombiepj_zombie Posts: 272
    iluvcats wrote:
    jeremy camp isn't classic rock sounding.

Heh, I kind of figured that out. I don't mind the lyrics of course, but most of his songs tended to sound the same musically. As for Third Day, I also listened to a few of their songs on the website and they remind me of country music(except lyrics). I really can't stand country.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • Options
    ~You laugh because I am different, I laugh because you are all the fucking same -?~

I laugh simply because I adore you so get use to it asshole...LOL!!
    (kidding...but maybe im not :) ~~~ )
  • Options
    pj_zombie wrote:
    As for Third Day, I also listened to a few of their songs on the website and they remind me of country music(except lyrics). I really can't stand country.

Yeah, I actually did try to listen to 3D stoned once, and I hated it because it suddenly sounded so country to me.
  • Options
    Yeah, I actually did try to listen to 3D stoned once, and I hated it because it suddenly sounded so country to me.

Seems like everybody really likes that 3d stuff. Its a little too serious for me.
  • Options
    pj_zombiepj_zombie Posts: 272

Seems like everybody really likes that 3d stuff. Its a little too serious for me.

Christian music probably isn't up your alley at the moment then.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    adam42381 wrote:
    I'm not real big on Christian bands at all but I've always liked the studio albums that Third Day has released. They have a good southern rock kind of feel to them. I enjoyed Jesus Freak by DC Talk and Flood by Jars of Clay but other than that I'm not really big on Christian music. Anybody else?

I listen to KLove from time to time and that one song by Third Day called I've Always Loved You always seems to catch my ear. There's just something so sincere and comforting about it--both the lyrics and the music. I also like Flood by Jars of Clay. Blessed Be Your Name by Newsong, and We Live We Love by Superchick are some of my faves as well.

I've Always Loved You Third Day lyrics
    Artist: Third Day
    Album: Time

I don't know how to explain it
    But I know that words will hardly do
    Miracles with signs and wonders
    Aren't enough for me to prove to you

Don't you know I've always loved you
    Even before there was time
    Though you turn away
    I'll tell you still
    And I always will

Greater love has not a man
    Than the one who gives his life to prove
    That he would do anything
    And that's what I'm going to do for you
  • Options
    I listen to KLove from time to time and that one song by Third Day called I've Always Loved You always seems to catch my ear. There's just something so sincere and comforting about it--both the lyrics and the music. I also like Flood by Jars of Clay. Blessed Be Your Name by Newsong, and We Live We Love by Superchick are some of my faves as well.

I've Always Loved You Third Day lyrics
    Artist: Third Day
    Album: Time

I don't know how to explain it
    But I know that words will hardly do
    Miracles with signs and wonders
    Aren't enough for me to prove to you

Even before there was time
    Though you turn away
    I'll tell you still
    And I always will

Greater love has not a man
    Than the one who gives his life to prove
    That he would do anything
    And that's what I'm going to do for you

great song, yes, sincere.
  • Options
    evenflowevenflow Posts: 401
    I played a Third Day song for my best friends wedding. The guitar part was surprisingly more complicated than it sounded. I changed some of it up from 9th's and triads to open chords just because since it was only me singing and playing, it filled in some gaps, and gave the song a fuller sound. I don't remember the name of the song, but I believe it was the 4th track off of the CD with the bus on the front. Something about climbing the highest mountian, swimming the deepest sea...

I went through a Christian rock period around 93-94. I remember there was a band called Sometimes Sunday that was really great. Their first CD was called Stone, and it sounded like the music of that era. It was the Christian version of Ten :) There was a song on that CD called Hollow that is still in my top 20 of gretaest songs I've ever heard. Very Alive sounding with a long guitar solo. The singer had a Chris Cornell sounding voice, just a little deeper, but with that screaming on pitch growl. I need to drag that CD out.
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)