Options

Rhcp

yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
edited April 2006 in Other Music
anyone heard anything from this new album coming out by the chili peppers? any buzz about this at all?
“May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    I can't wait for this CD to come out. It's been far too long since the last album. So far I've only heard the very short clips of "Dani California" that were released on their website. I heard that they worked with Rick Rubin again and recorded the album in the same house that they used for Blood Sugar Sex Magic. Crossing my fingers for a kickass album!
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    heard the clip of Dani California, it sounds good and I think I will buy their album.
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    http://www.stadium-arcadium.com has 6 of the new songs performed live in mp3, sign up and then go to the media zone, theres also videos, and full concerts, as well as other freindly Chili fans to talk too.:)

Just found out the new video Dani California will premier in the UK on April 5th at 11pm on Channel 4:D:D:D
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    Yeah, from what I've heard of Dani California so far, I'm liking. This album is a definite buy irregardless!
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    May is going to be an expensive month, PJ, Tool and RHCP! Can't believe the RHCP album is like 28 songs long!
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    May is going to be an expensive month, PJ, Tool and RHCP! Can't believe the RHCP album is like 28 songs long!
    the limited edition Stadium Acardium is gonna cost USD$55..expensive month indeed!
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    the limited edition Stadium Acardium is gonna cost USD$55..expensive month indeed!

holy shit

whats 'limited edition' about it?
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    LedZepFan wrote:
    holy shit

I'm curious also? gold plated discs perhaps:)

oh yeah heres another good site for Chilis boots and videos http://atichili.uw.hu/
  • Options
    bump...........
  • Options
    LedZepFan wrote:
    holy shit

from the official site..

Stadium Arcadium will also be available in a limited-edition black box that includes the 28-song, two-CD set, plus a DVD with the "Dani California" video and behind-the-scenes "making of the video" footage; a one-hour band interview; a 28-page booklet; original artwork by the band; and "special space-age discoveries."
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    from the official site..

Stadium Arcadium will also be available in a limited-edition black box that includes the 28-song, two-CD set, plus a DVD with the "Dani California" video and behind-the-scenes "making of the video" footage; a one-hour band interview; a 28-page booklet; original artwork by the band; and "special space-age discoveries."

I'd be so much more into that if they had a bonus disc with all the left out tracks.
  • Options
    yeh more tracks would have made the boxset alot better but well..still better than nothing..the price is alittle fucked though lol

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh more tracks would have made the boxset alot better but well..still better than nothing..the price is alittle fucked though lol

Yeah the price is high, but one advantage is you get a black box to hide the horrible album cover:)
  • Options
    Yeah the price is high, but one advantage is you get a black box to hide the horrible album cover:)
    OH YES!
    i was just telling me friend that! haha
    so yes..it's worth the $55 then eh? :D

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    OH YES!
    i was just telling me friend that! haha
    so yes..it's worth the $55 then eh? :D

on my budget i'll be sticking to the normal release, I'll have to put upwith the cover.

off topic: anyone checking out the atichili bootlegs section be sure to have a look in the forums pages in the multimedia section, theres quite a few more boots including some live Jane's Addiction concerts there.
  • Options
    I'd be so much more into that if they had a bonus disc with all the left out tracks.

maybe thats what the "special space age discoveries" are

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    LedZepFan wrote:

damn you and your ideas, this years expensive enough as it is:)
  • Options
    LedZepFan wrote:
    that's what alot of fans have been speculating too..but it's pretty unlikely.

YNWA
  • Options
    have any of you heard the new bonus tracks released over the net yet?
    solid songs especially Quixoticelixer, Runaway and Bob, the cover of Little Miss Lover is pretty good too.
  • Options
    Boekel ManBoekel Man Posts: 145
    Any sightings of Dani yet?
    I like driving backwards in the fog, 'cause it doesn't remind of anything...
  • Options
    Boekel Man wrote:
    Any sightings of Dani yet?

the video premiers in england this coming Wedensday:D
  • Options
    ElidirJElidirJ Posts: 1
    Hey y'all, first time poster. Nice to meet you.

The Dani California video.

And the MP3.

Enjoy.
    All the good times are on their way.
  • Options
    was just aboot to post them as well.
    video aint too bad..not a bad song too

YNWA
  • Options
    ElidirJ wrote:

And the MP3.

Enjoy.

thats a great first post dude, welcome to the board:D
  • Options
    ElidirJ wrote:

And the MP3.

Enjoy.

awesome, thanks dude

love the video, funny and clever

great song, not what i expected from the samples i hear but i love it and johns doing some great soloing

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    XiangXiang Posts: 73
    Love the song and the video!!

Thanks for posting that ElidirJ! :)
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    ElidirJ wrote:

And the MP3.

Enjoy.

best first post ever dude...thanks a lot.
    Oh and great video too...I love how RHCP don't take themselves too seriously and have a good sense of humor.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    Great song love the guitar solo towards the end although it does borrow from Jimi's Purple Haze:), i aint watched the video I'll wait till wedensday for that:D
  • Options
    darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    Thanks for Dani California bro!!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    thank you for starting my april with that

i enjoyed it
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable