Options

Anyone like Clap Your Hands Say Yeah?

porchdwellerporchdweller Posts: 228
edited April 2006 in Other Music
I saw them Fri night before MMJ. They put on a good concert, I was really surprised at how good they were. They're def. worth a few listens.
"That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    good not a great disc however....

In This Home on Ice is an absolutely fantastic track.
  • Options
    i love that one song "this world made of ice" or something like that. The guy's voice annoys the hell out of me on their other songs though.
    this heart's on fire
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    They are pretty good, but I think they got an unfair amount of hype. Wolf Parade had a much better pop album from last year
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I didnt think id like them simply because i thought it was a horrible name for a band, thought theyd be a bit like panic at the disco or something, but the albums pretty good. That song ...Yellow country teeth is great.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Options
    CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    I was turned off by their incredibly stupid name as well, but they are actually pretty good. Really impressive that they put the album out on their own, yet you can still find it at Best Buy and other retail stores. There are some decent sized labels that don't have that kind of distribution.

It is an album of decent songs with a few standouts. Worth a listen, worth SOME of the hype, overall they are better than a lot of super-hyped bands turn out to be.
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,760
    well they've signed a label (in fall of 05') to help with the distribution, but if you got the album in or before july of 05 it came straight from the band.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    i love this band...one of the better cds we have at work.
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • Options
    dirtdirt Posts: 398
    I like their record a lot -- I go more by color of album cover than band name. Band name I could care less... I passed on seeing them at the Blind Pig in Ann Arbor because tix were only on sale day of show -- definately not a rock groupie to sit in line waiting to pay to see good rock bands anymore.
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
  • Options
    OutOfBreathOutOfBreath Posts: 1,804
    They're ok, but there are bands doing almost the same thing that are better in my opinion. Like Wolf Parade and the Arcade Fire for instance.

But ok.

Peace
    Dan
    "YOU [humans] NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" - Death

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert, Dune, 1965
  • Options
    jb13lettersjb13letters Posts: 220
    I like 'em, but they do have one of the dumbest names ever.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • Options
    I love their name. Kinda disappointed me when i heard the album because i thought their name was so good. Anyway, like everybody else said, wolf parade is way better.
    this heart's on fire
  • Options
    !!!!!! Posts: 28
    Yep, Wolf Parade brought out the better Pop album compared to CYHSY! last year.

Is it just me or does the singer from CYHSY reminds me of David Bryne?

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, is a really cool name for a band. IMO.

:)
    SIGNATURE :)
  • Options
    jb13lettersjb13letters Posts: 220
    !!! wrote:
    Yep, Wolf Parade brought out the better Pop album compared to CYHSY! last year.

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, is a really cool name for a band. IMO.

To each his/her own, I guess. :)

Their record was a definite grower for me. When I bought it, I was a little let down because it was so hyped. After several spins, I was, in fact, clapping my hands and saying yeah. Figuratively speaking.

I just thought about how many bands I like that have names that aren't very good. Examples off the top of my head:

Modest Mouse
    Pelican
    Superchunk

I know there's a ton more, but I'm at work and that's all that comes to mind right now.

Wasn't there a thread a while back about good bands with bad names?
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • Options
    chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    For a minute there i was waiting for the band name to be revealed.... and then relised that was it! lol
  • Options
    patw486patw486 Posts: 52
    they have one of the stupidest names i have ever heard.
  • Options
    iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    !!! wrote:

He sooo reminds me of David Byrne at certain points in songs...I love it!!
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.