Options

good news from Blur

hakheadhakhead Posts: 32
edited April 2006 in Other Music
For a big Blur fan like me, this is amazing to read (from spin.com):

It's not that Damon Albarn hasn't enjoyed being two-dimensional for a while, but the Blur singer is ready to step into the spotlight himself for a bit.

Even though he has been otherwise occupied with Gorillaz, Albarn made time to get Blur back together to record a follow up to 2003's Think Tank. The recording process is nowhere near finished, but bassist Alex James told XFM he expects the band will get back together towards the end of the year to continue working on the album.

"We all got together before Christmas. Damon, Dave [Rowntree] and I were making the most nasty, dirty, filthy rock music I think we've ever made," James said. "Foo Fighters are gonna wet their pants when they hear it."

Just thought some of you would like to know...
"You're not what you own"
Ian MacKaye, Fugazi

Wasn't there: Mtl 1998/08/20, Mtl 2000/10/04, T.O. 2003/06/28, Mtl 2003/06/29, Boston 2004/09/28, Mtl 2005/09/15, Ott 2005/09/16, T.O. 2005/09/19, T.O. 2006/05/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    sickwilliesickwillie Posts: 178
    hakhead wrote:
    "...the most nasty, dirty, filthy rock music I think we've ever made," James said. "Foo Fighters are gonna wet their pants when they hear it."

I love the shit out of this quote.
    "We've done really well with teenage death songs." -EV
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    That's good news, but I'm not too impressed by the fact Foo Fighters will wet their pants.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    This is good. Last when I heard from them, they were all sueing each other and that Think Tank was probably going to be thier coda.
  • Options
    KricketKricket Posts: 707
    Damon Albarn wanting the spotlight, big surprise eh. That's cool news, I'd like to see them live again they put on such a fun show. I saw them at a bar in Kitchener like 8 yrs ago and then we met them at the Tim's down the road, they we're really nice.
  • Options
    i love blur
    graham should return though