Options

Does anyone like Counting Crows?

uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
edited March 2006 in Other Music
For me there right after Pearl Jam...

anyway, they are touring this summer with Goo Goo Dolls; has anyone seen the Dolls in Concert? I mean, I'm going anyway, just wondered what I'm in for.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    you have been taking too much drugs mate
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Yeah I like Counting Crows, some albums have been a bit hit or miss, but you can't argue with August and everything after and Recovering the satellites. I've seen them live a few times, plus I met them at a festival which was pretty cool, seemed like nice people.
  • Options
    ubickubick Posts: 6
    They are my favorite band along with PJ. I'm excited about the tour, but only because of the boots that will surface of them(since they aren't coming here). I enjoy goo goo dolls as well and hope there new cd is good.

I heard recently that Adam said they will release a live cd soon and go into the studio by year's end. I hope that is true. I need to wash the bad taste that Accidentally in love left in my mouth.
  • Options
    NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    Counting crows are good, but the newer stuff (for me) hasn't been as good. Couple good tracks off of Hard Candy... AAEA and Angels of the Silences are classics, though... and they've got some good unreleased stuff, too...
  • Options
    chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    Yeh Counting Crows got some good tunes. I got there greatest hits cd, and thats awesome. Love the song Einstien on the beach, one of my favs by them.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    i loved august and everything after. I must be honest i have not followed them much since. I've heard one or two songs on the radio i thought were okay. There are many worse bands out there.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    I dunno man. I think they suck.
    My wife loves them.
    I just do not get it.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    There are some worser bands in the world. But they aren't my favourites, they make some good songs.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    I like The Black Crowes, isn't it crowes? not crows?
  • Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    i prefer counting sheeps but that's just me...

but i was in love with that mr.jones song in the mid 90's (me and part of the world). never much followed them . but i think they are ok.
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    August and Everything After is still an amazing album from start to finish. So many great tunes on that disc. Recovering the Satellites was a terrific follow-up, but every album since has been pretty much hit and miss in my opinion.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    yeah it's funny... when I talk about Pearl Jam people say Ten and Vs were great, but then they lost me - when I mention the Crows, August and Satellites were great, but then they lost me.

A group of my friends and I went to see them when they were touring Recovering the Satellites and they didn't play Mr. Jones or Round Here and it pissed everyone off except me (cause I love RTS)

then I saw them touring This Desert Life, and they left the stage after their main set - but left the lights out for like 10 minutes, but NO encore...

yet I'm still a fan.
  • Options
    imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    Counting Crows sound diffferent live (the singer changes it up ALOT)
    just like Blues Traveler's jam session's are a little to long for me..
    That's my two cents...:rolleyes:
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    They are kind of a chick band. Plus, they are my wife's favorite band

so of course, I make fun of them endlessly.

and I get really pissed off when I see them on the tonight show or a few years ago at the bridge school because......

they are a REALLY great band.

there, I said it.
  • Options
    sj.brodiesj.brodie Posts: 468
    Einstein on the beach......