adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
edited April 2006 in Other Music
Rank them by personal preference. Here's my list:

1. De Stijl
2. The White Stripes
3. Elephant
4. White Blood Cells
5. Get Behind Me Satan

Every album is excellent. Get Behind Me Satan is my least favorite but is still a brilliant and beautiful album. De Stijl is my personal favorite from top to bottom. Your turn.
I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

Comments

• Options
    Nobody? Maybe my rankings are correct as they are.
    ubickubick Posts: 6
    1. Get Behind Me Satan
    2. White Blood Cells
    3. De Stijl
    4. Elephant
    5. The White Stripes

Just because I can always listen to Get Behind Me Satan and White Blood Cells, as for the others I need to be in the mood for them.
  • Options
    CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    Haven't bought their debut for some strange reason, but here are my other 4 rankings:

1) De Stijl
    2) Elephant
    3) Get Behind Me Satan
    4) White Blood Cells
  • Options
    rage333rage333 Posts: 157
    1.elephant
    2. De stijil
    3. Get Behind me Satan
    4. White Blood Cells
    5. The white Stripes

I cant wait to hear "Broken Boy Slodiers" by the Raconteurs. I also read that Jack is NOT breaking up the White Stripes. He says he already has new songs ready its just that he has no time to record them because of the Raconteurs. thats cool with me tho. 2007 we will see the return of the White Stripes. Or mabe sooner. It only took Jack and Meg 2 weeks to write and record Get Behind me Satan right? Or mabe that was just the recording part. Still they can pump out records like no one else in rock right now. I love that about them.
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    rage333 wrote:
    I cant wait to hear "Broken Boy Slodiers" by the Raconteurs. I also read that Jack is NOT breaking up the White Stripes. He says he already has new songs ready its just that he has no time to record them because of the Raconteurs. thats cool with me tho. 2007 we will see the return of the White Stripes. Or mabe sooner. It only took Jack and Meg 2 weeks to write and record Get Behind me Satan right? Or mabe that was just the recording part. Still they can pump out records like no one else in rock right now. I love that about them.

They can pump out GREAT records like no one else in rock right now, that is the important thing. I'm not too excited about The Raconteurs after hearing the two songs they have on their website(both are on the 10 song album). "Steady As She Goes" is a good song, but if it were on a WS album it wouldn't standout, and I don't really like "Store Bought Bones." I will get the album, but the more I listen to those two, my expectations become a little more grounded.

Getting a new White Stripe album in early 2007 would be perfect. The Raconteurs tour is short, they are onyl doing a few US shows, so there is an outside chance of them getting back in the studio for WS this summer. But Jack is a new husband and has a kid on the way, so that will understandibly change his schedule a bit.
  • Options
    1. GBMS
    2. The White Stripes
    3. De Stijl
    4. White Blood Cells
    5. Elephant

Anybody here there live show in the UK. They've made some pretty amazing sounding stuff so far. I can't wait until the album comes out its gonna be awesome. Also, they only have two dates scheduled in the US so far... there will definetely be more.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    du stujl (sp)
    Get behind me satan
    Elephant
    white blood cells
    the white stripes
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    jhawk98jhawk98 Posts: 145
    1.GBMS
    2.De Stijl
    3.Elephant
    4.The White Stripes
    5.White Blood Cells

Some weeks I might swap those first two. De Stijl has some real gems. But GBMS is just so much fun to listen to because of the variety of styles that they get into, so I guess I put that one ahead.
    rock chalk
  • Options
    Here is my ranking.

1. Get Behind Me Satan
    2. White Blood Cells
    3. Elephant
    4. De Stijl
    5. The White Stripes

They are all great. I am blown away by GBMS.
  • Options
    TheSeekerTheSeeker Posts: 66
    get behind me satan
    elephant
    white blodd cells
    de stigl
    thewhitestripes
    i dont ? our Xtence, I just ? our modern needs
  • Options
    Good to see that everyone has a difference of opinion on this one. Seems that the debut album, The White Stripes is probably the least favorite but was my number 2. Kinda shows that every album is very solid, since the lists are so varied. Good stuff.
    TheSeekerTheSeeker Posts: 66
    I just listened to their first album today, and I totally forgot how great it is.

((1)) the White Stripes
    ((2)) Elephant
    ((3)) White Blood Cells
    ((4)) Get Behind Me Satan
    ((5)) De Stijl

It is still very difficult, like ranking Pearl Jam albums, it can be different every week.
    i dont ? our Xtence, I just ? our modern needs
  • Options
    1. Seeing them live
    2. Elephant
    3. White Blood Cells
    4. The White Stripes
    5. Get Behind Me Satan
    6. De Stijl

Ask me tomorrow...it might change. They are all awesome.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,135
    adam42381 wrote:
    Rank them by personal preference. Here's my list:

1. De Stijl
    2. The White Stripes
    3. Elephant
    4. White Blood Cells
    5. Get Behind Me Satan

Every album is excellent. Get Behind Me Satan is my least favorite but is still a brilliant and beautiful album. De Stijl is my personal favorite from top to bottom. Your turn.

1) De Stijl
    2) Get Behind Me Satan
    3) White Blood Cells
    4) Elephant
    5) The White Stripes

I just don;t really like the first album...all the rest are pretty close to each other though De Stijl is way ahead at #1 for me.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    de stijl
    white blood cells
    get behind me satan
    white stripes
    elephant
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand