Options

Why can't tool tour over summer

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
edited April 2006 in Other Music
WHy are they touring in May? I want to be free and have no school. I have classes, exams etc...

I can't go to these u.s. tour dates in may! This sucks.

Why do bands do this? Alice in Chains is doing the same thing.

I can't see them in another country and can't go see them in may since I have school.

THIS SUCKS!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    WHy are they touring in May? I want to be free and have no school. I have classes, exams etc...

I can't see them in another country and can't go see them in may since I have school.

THIS SUCKS!

Because they are doing all the summer festivals in Europe - which is a great way for them to play to a lot of people. Touring Europe is really expensive for American bands, and festivals are a lot more profitable for bands to play because they have less expenses, not that the band themselves is necessarily money hungry, but they have to pay road crew etc.
  • Options

THIS SUCKS!

tool just did me a huge favor by not scheduling any of their shows that i can attend at the same time as pearl jam's, i would've flipped out if i had to choose between the two.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    TOOL don't tour in the summer cause maynard melts when you expose him to direct sunlight.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    i'm sure they will be back around after Europe in bigger places... they toured last time for over a year plus they came to my town twice ...it will happen ... they probably want to play some live shows with their new stuff before playing those big festivals and plus looking to do something different with some smaller venues.
  • Options
    sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,033
    Tool toured for like a year and a half for Lateralus. I would say it is a safe assumption they will be back around everywhere, multiple times. Hell between all three legs of the US Lateralus tour, they played 7 shows just in the state of Florida last time around, we never get 7 shows from any band, ever. We are lucky to get 1 sometimes.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    i feel the same way, why at the same time as PJ??

i mean really, i've already gotten my PJ tickets... damn
  • Options
    USCJeffUSCJeff Posts: 92
    I imagine they will tour the US starting in September since they seem to be following a similar plan to what they did for Lateralus
  • Options
    shell bellshell bell Posts: 337
    They'll do a full scale tour.And I hope it is this fall(I'll have the money then).
    when you get confused just listen to the music play........

"You damn well can't lick the system,but you can sure give it a good fondeling."-sleazy estate man(Hugh Laurie on A bit of Fry and Laurie)

"Judas Priest on a two stroke moped!"(Stephen Fry)
  • Options
    LBC1076LBC1076 Posts: 224
    Yep, definitely think they'll go full blown in the Fall. I'll be ready for it then.