Options

Neil Young

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited April 2006 in Other Music
Anyone know if Neil will be touring over the summer?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Latest rumors were talking about a CSNY tour this summer/fall, but no official news yet.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    KricketKricket Posts: 707
    yah I read an article that Nash had been quoted saying that CSNY will be hitting the road this summer but nothing official.

I want Neil to saddle up The Horse this summmer!!!!!!
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Kricket wrote:
    yah I read an article that Nash had been quoted saying that CSNY will be hitting the road this summer but nothing official.

I want Neil to saddle up The Horse this summmer!!!!!!

I hope he doesn't tour with CSN... no offense to their fans i just don't like it. I would much rather see neil do his new songs by himself. Just him and his guitar.

As for the horse.... They might be getting too old to keep up with neil.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    would love a more upbeat neil tour. crazyhorse etc.
  • Options
    JamHead86JamHead86 Posts: 37
    Neil w/ the horse is always a great time.
    "I feel it!"- Eddie, during Alive solo, Chicago 2003
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    I hope he doesn't tour with CSN... no offense to their fans i just don't like it. I would much rather see neil do his new songs by himself. Just him and his guitar.

As for the horse.... They might be getting too old to keep up with neil.

Well yah I loved seeing Neil on his past solo tours and if he toured again solo that would be great but I'm happy seeing Neil anyway I can.

If he tours with CSNY it'll still be a great show....you get such a mix of songs, from Our House, Almost cut My Hair, Woodstock, Judy Blue Eyes, For What It's Worth, Teach Your Children, Wooden Ships ect to the last half of the show seeing Neil take over and rock out with Cinnamon Girl, RITFW, Cortez ect.

And I'm sure that the horse is ready for the ride if Neil calls them up!!!
  • Options
    Kricket wrote:
    Well yah I loved seeing Neil on his past solo tours and if he toured again solo that would be great but I'm happy seeing Neil anyway I can.

If he tours with CSNY it'll still be a great show....you get such a mix of songs, from Our House, Almost cut My Hair, Woodstock, Judy Blue Eyes, For What It's Worth, Teach Your Children, Wooden Ships ect to the last half of the show seeing Neil take over and rock out with Cinnamon Girl, RITFW, Cortez ect.

And I'm sure that the horse is ready for the ride if Neil calls them up!!!

My only concern is the cost of the ticket. I paid 100 bucks last time on the greendale tour just for neil... i can only imagine how much it would be for all four, but you are right seeing neil in any form is always worth it.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    My only concern is the cost of the ticket. I paid 100 bucks last time on the greendale tour just for neil... i can only imagine how much it would be for all four, but you are right seeing neil in any form is always worth it.
    Yah your right it was around 200$ I think for CSNY, I think it was 75$ for hte upper bowl, so you got a good point there.

Greendale...that's a whole nother topic there ;)
  • Options
    hailhail82hailhail82 Posts: 330
    The latest news/rumor
    "Friday, April 07, 2006
    I Am The Luckiest Girl In The World!

Yesterday, I had the most incredible musical experience of my life.

Have you, like me, been recalling the great protest songs of the
    sixties, and wondered where the new protest songs are?

Yesterday, I found out.

On Wednesday, I was at work when I got a call for a Neil Young
    session the next day. Needless to say, I was excited about it - Neil
    Young is one of my musical heroes. When my husband and I got to
    Capitol, we found 98 other singers, a collection of L.A.'s finest.
    All I knew was that we were singing on a new Neil Young record, but
    when the lyrics we were supposed to sing flashed on the giant screen,
    a roar went up from the choir. I'm not going to give the whole thing
    away, but the first line of one of the songs was "Let's impeach the
    President for lyin'!" Turns out the whole thing is a classic
    beautiful protest record. The session was like being at a 12-hour
    peace rally. Every time new lyrics would come up on the screen, there
    were cheers, tears and applause. It was a spiritual experience. I
    can't believe my good fortune at being a part of this.

It was also recorded on analog in the A room at Capitol Records,
    which they're talking about selling and turning into condos. No
    ProTools, no 'flying in', no Auto-Tune. Just real singing, and real
    songs, from a real artist. And to hire a hundred live singers?
    Incredible.

I got a chance to talk with Neil for a minute, and I told him that
    every word of every song expressed what I've been screaming about
    since 2000. I've never been at a recording session that was more like
    being at church. Heck, I've never been to a church that was more like
    a church than that session. We stood up for 12 hours (except for
    lunch and dinner) and I got a massive headache by the end, but I
    didn't care. It was worth the price of admission. We finished the
    session by singing an a capella version of "America the Beautiful"
    and there was not a dry eye in the house.

If I do nothing else for the rest of my life, I can say I was on that
    record. Whether it sells or not, it's the truth, and I got to be a
    part of that. What an honor; what a privilege.

Neil said it should be out in 6 to 8 weeks. I hope all of you get a
    chance to hear it."

This is obviously hard to verify and hasn't been besides this blog posting. However, the lady also has a recent cell phone picture or her and Neil (wearing a desert camo hat)that she's not sharing (if it exists, no doubt Neil would ask her not to spread it). She's shown it to two rusties (people over on the Neil Young list) who's reputations are established in the online community and I consider trustworthy that verify it's existance(but I understand that you have no reason to trust me). Just take it for what it is, a rumor. It's hard not to get excited though.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • Options
    hailhail82 wrote:
    The latest news/rumor

This is obviously hard to verify and hasn't been besides this blog posting. However, the lady also has a recent cell phone picture or her and Neil (wearing a desert camo hat)that she's not sharing (if it exists, no doubt Neil would ask her not to spread it). She's shown it to two rusties (people over on the Neil Young list) who's reputations are established in the online community and I consider trustworthy that verify it's existance(but I understand that you have no reason to trust me). Just take it for what it is, a rumor. It's hard not to get excited though.

I heard about this post....who knows eh! With Neil you just never know....
  • Options
    I'm very excited about that info. THANK YOU for sharing!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    hey looks like hailhail82 was right check it out.....

http://www.mp3.com/news/stories/4104.html
  • Options
    Pat HPat H Posts: 101
    intodeep wrote:

100 bucks for the greendale tour is a deal. It had to cost quite a bit to put on the production everynight. I'm guessing Neil on a regular tour would have to be fairly decently priced.
  • Options
    JamHead86JamHead86 Posts: 37
    jambase.com has a story about a new neil album, Life in War. Supposedly has a choir in the background for some songs.
    "I feel it!"- Eddie, during Alive solo, Chicago 2003
  • Options
    Pat H wrote:
    100 bucks for the greendale tour is a deal. It had to cost quite a bit to put on the production everynight. I'm guessing Neil on a regular tour would have to be fairly decently priced.
    WEll at Chastain in Atlanta there was no actors or production just the band, but I'm not complaining i'd pay what ever it takes to see neil.

the news about Life in War is cool. Should be interesting. Neil is all about capturing the moment and i'm sure this album will sound rough, loud, and raw which inevitably is not a bad thing.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    It's funny how that girls post on singing with Neil and that he was gonna have a new album out caused such a stir and now we find out it was all true. Like I said with Neil you just never know.

Can't wait to hear it should be interesting!
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    WEll at Chastain in Atlanta there was no actors or production just the band, but I'm not complaining i'd pay what ever it takes to see neil.

the news about Life in War is cool. Should be interesting. Neil is all about capturing the moment and i'm sure this album will sound rough, loud, and raw which inevitably is not a bad thing.

sorry you missed out on the whole produvction intodeep. it was pretty cool. when i saw the show in toronto it was the actors and sets and everything and it was only 50$ CDN, plus the 10$ "convenience charge". i'd still pay a 100$ to see neil any day though!

interesting news about the anti-bush album!