Options

PLACEBO:Meds

black_geoblack_geo Posts: 31
edited March 2006 in Other Music
Has anyone heard the new placebo album?I think there's some good stuff on the album but it's not something great i guess!your thoughts?
If I would, would you?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I heard Michael Stipe did vocals on one of the songs. "Broken Promise" or something.....
  • Options
    I'm not into Placebo at all but I heard the single "Song to say goodbye" a few times and it's actually pretty good. Doesnt get me to buy the album though.
    Well, do you need a lot of what you've got to survive?
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    yes i've heard it. i love song to say goodbye. the film clip makes you want to slit your wrists. it's such a downer.the rest of the songs are a bit wanting if you ask me. though i'm starting to warm to infra red.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,033
    I heard Michael Stipe did vocals on one of the songs. "Broken Promise" or something.....

I actually just heard about that the other day... has anyone heard the track that can give an idea of what it is like? How much Stipe sings, etc? I am pretty indifferent to Placebo one way or the other, but R.E.M. is second only to Pearl Jam in my book.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    sunnydaysunnyday Posts: 33
    i heard it too and i think its great. loved it from the first time and im not even a huge fan of this band, although i like them

and the michael stipe duet is really chilling. get your hands on it if you can its worht a listen
    make tea not love
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    I think it's good in full this album, just like the last one, a bite more rough I like it. But then a again I've liked every Placebo album up till now.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    Great Album ! I loved it . the the songs "Meds" and " Song to say goodbye" are great!
  • Options
    swedeswede Posts: 558
    mm i was disappointed on my first few listens..

its growing on me but thus far i think its by far their weakest... love placebo though