Options

The Raveonettes/Phyched Up Janis

thecandleofthoughtthecandleofthought Posts: 29
edited March 2006 in Other Music
I guess at least one of all of you have listened to The Raveonettes, and either you like it or not, please give Sune Wagner -leader and Raveonettes' singer- a chance and listen to his first band called "Psyched Up Janis" For me, he's one of the greates musicians alive!! He's "been" (because he writes all the lyrics and the music) in three different bands -Physched Up Janis, Tremolo Beer gut, and The Raveonettes- and made 10 records all by himself.

If any of you are interested in listening to his music, PM me (since I never read none of the emails on my profile) and I will send you a CD with the best of his songs, because most of his best albums -none of The Raveonettes- are easy to find. (he's danish)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    i like the raveonettes but haven't heard his other stuff...
    i found it a cool idea to record a whole album in the same key... but this also makes it a bit more difficult to enjoy the whole thing...
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06
  • Options
    vangsevangse Posts: 4
    Hello out there,

I have to echo the sentiments of the first post (however I would not say that Sune R. Wagner is one of the greatest musicians alive).

I am not really in to The Raveonettes at all, but Psyched Up Janis that is another thing. They rock.

Psyched Up janis made following albums,

'I Died In My Teens' (ep) (1993)
    'Swell' (1994)
    'Beats Me' (1997)
    'Enter The Super Peppermint Lounge' (1998)
    'The Quiet Album' (live) (1999)
    'Hi - Fi Low Life' (live) (1999)

I am the lucky owner of Beats me, Enter The Super Peppermint Lounge, The Quiet album and Hi-Fi Low Life.

If you want to check them out I would recommend The Quiet Album, a great accoustic live concert and Hi-Fi Low Life, containing 24 previously unrealeshed songs. Most of the songs on this album is small treasures waiting only to be discovered.