Options

Avenged Sevenfold

NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
edited March 2006 in Other Music
SOMEONE please explain to me the appeal of this band?

Is it the Dio-esque mythological metal of songs like "Beast and the Harlot"

Is it the fake vampire teeth the lead singer wears?

I don't understand how this band is on the TV and radio. It's like Good Charlotte on steroids. They are trying way too hard to be different...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    NakedClown wrote:
    SOMEONE please explain to me the appeal of this band?

Is it the Dio-esque mythological metal of songs like "Beast and the Harlot"

Is it the fake vampire teeth the lead singer wears?

I don't understand how this band is on the TV and radio. It's like Good Charlotte on steroids. They are trying way too hard to be different...

never saw them.

i only know the song that plays on 'madden 06'.

and i´m ok with that one...
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Every time I hear their song come on the radio I change it as fast as I can. That is one pathetic excuse for a song. It's like they are trying to be edgy and abrasive but they can't even pull that off.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    I never heard them, but next summer I go to Metallica and there they are one of the opening acts. Are they good, bad or can you live with it?
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    can't say I'm a big fan
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Bat Country is a well put together song, as anyone that plays guitar can attest to.
    I have heard that they could be better, but on their album they try to be too non-metal while still tryin to keep their metal sound intact.

Having said that, I wish it wasnt played every 5 minutes.
  • Options
    Dick JonesDick Jones Posts: 777
    BWHAHAHAHAHA! I saw these fucks on the TV the other night. What a sad, sad excuse for music. Reminded me why MTV has sucked for years on top of years. Haven't turned it on since.

Plus their makup was running.

If anyone takes offense to this post, good.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • Options
    Sonic19Sonic19 Posts: 159
    I saw em at a festival show the other day...they're kind of a gimmicky band. That being said, I still think Bat Country is damn catchy...
    Stay positive and love your life
    Hooray Florida shows
  • Options
    moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 536
    their drummer sounds pretty damn good.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • Options
    i use to like them but they told all their old fans to fuck off so i did.

they have talent but in every frickin interview all they do is talk about how badly they want to be the next GNR and how they are going to save rock.

i loathe them.

:)
    www.riseagainst.com

Only thunder gives me rest.
  • Options
    For anybody who wants to hear anything good from Avenged Sevenfold go listen to their pre major record label deal stuff, it is fantastic as far as metal goes. The albums are Sounding the Seventh Trumpet and Waking the Fallen and have a much less mainstream feel to them, when Sounding the Seventh Trumpet came out they were like 17 years old and ripping it up. I considered myself a huge AX7 fan until I heard their new album, SSSUUUUUUCHHHH a disappointment. Like many bands before them they signed with a major label and let them run the table on the record. If you even kind of like metal I suggest checking out Sounding the Seventh Trumpet and Waking the Fallen.
    I was taught a month ago to bide my time and take it slow, but then I learned just yesterday to rush and never waste a day. Now I'm convinced the whole day long that all I've learned is always wrong. Things are true that I forget, but no one taught that to me yet
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    It is shit as far as metal goes, sorry. Although I can't speak for the older albums, so don't quote me for those. Homeboy can play a decent scale, though
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    the drummer and guitarists have talent..but the new shit suckkkksss
  • Options
    prljam85prljam85 Posts: 227
    I don't understand how this band is on the TV and radio. It's like Good Charlotte on steroids.[/quote]
    lol, good comparison
  • Options
    PickleRLPickleRL Posts: 18
    I SOOOOO regret looking up what Avenged Sevenfold looks like.....Good Charlotte Pt2 indeed.

Too bad...they have some talent.
    Napoleon's mother couldn't make it to his coronation. But when he commissioned it, Napoleon told David to paint her in as if she were there, right in the center. Even though she couldn't be there physically he brought her into his life through sheer force of will. There to share in his greatness.

Do you know what my father gave me for my tenth birthday? A copy of The Will to Power. "Behold the Superman - man is something to be overcome." Sun Tzu, Machiavelli, Nietzsche, they were the voices that nurtured me after my mother died. My father made every question a quiz, every choice a test. Second best was for losers, compassion for the weak, trust no one. Those were the lessons I grew up with.

The man of tomorrow is shaped by his battles today.

In life, the road to darkness is a journey, not a light switch.

Sentimentality is synonymous with vulnerability

It's like the German poet Rilke said - a person isn't who they are during the last conversation you had with them - they're who they've been throughout your whole relationship

• Options
    Sonic19Sonic19 Posts: 159
    I considered myself a huge AX7 fan
    I thought fans would know it was a7x, not ax7... ;)
    Stay positive and love your life
    Hooray Florida shows