Options

Alice In Fuckin Chains!!!!!

PoGo's dopePoGo's dope Posts: 11
edited March 2006 in Other Music
I don't care that this has nothing to do with PJ ALICE IN CHAINS ARE BACK!!!!! Maybe some of you heard this already but had to say something.. tour dates @ www.aliceinchains.net!!!! The best part about this is I was like they better not get a new guy.. But they are but this is the last time they are going by the name Alice In Chains and are changing it. I don't know what they are changing it to.. BUT HOLY FUCK!!!!!
††P®Gô'§ Ðøp€†† ¤¥Speaking As A Child Of The Nineties¤¥™
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    UndyTakerUndyTaker Posts: 358
    That would be a cool name to change it to...BUT HOLY FUCK! Then then could change it to BUTT HOLEY FUCK! haha That's cool.
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Options
    GrrrleGrrrle Posts: 27
    yeah how is alice in chains back when UHM they're singer is dead? come on...can you say "hey I need money" and "hey im gunna milk this for all it's worth" they should be ashamed...whats next a "nirvana reunion"
    "I think war is a dangerous place."— George W. Bush Washington, D.C., May 7, 2003
  • Options
    oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    i just saw them tonight in Atlantic City.. William Duvall sang Angry Chair and Man in the Box, then a fella by the name of Phil fuckin Anselmo came out and sang Would and Them Bones :) then mr Duvall took the mic and did a duet w/ Ann Wilson on Rooster :)
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • Options
    UndyTakerUndyTaker Posts: 358
    Phil did "Would"? That's awesome!!!
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Options
    Layne or Not. The real AIC or Not. I cant wait to see them open for Metallica at Download.
    Benjamin, TouringVan 05/06

"Who is driving? Oh my god Bear is driving, how can that be?! ...Car full of midgets!"

Photobucket: MagicBus2006
  • Options
    MetalGod75MetalGod75 Posts: 262
    a name change would be the right thing to do but AC/DC didnt change their name when Bon died AND they released a new album the same year he died.Layne was awesome i'm not denying that but i think it will be great to hear all those awesome tunes again whoever they get to sing them:)
    Cornell pwns u
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    oppie1 wrote:
    i just saw them tonight in Atlantic City.. William Duvall sang Angry Chair and Man in the Box, then a fella by the name of Phil fuckin Anselmo came out and sang Would and Them Bones :) then mr Duvall took the mic and did a duet w/ Ann Wilson on Rooster :)

!?!?!?!?!

That is fucking amazing. So Alic only did 5 songs total? How did they sound?
    I knew I should have went to that show.
  • Options
    JenInTheBxJenInTheBx Posts: 293
    I was there too... posted about it in the other music forum. AIC sounded great, but I was disappointed by the 5 song set. Mike Inez had a lot of technical problems during the show and they had to repeat Man In The Box and Would? for the TV taping. Had I known it was going to be that short, I never would have spent that kind of money on the tickets. Duff from VR/GNR was playing guitar with them, and Phil did come out to sing two songs. It was really awesome to see so many AIC fans around though- they were all chanting for them between Heart songs. :)
  • Options
    C2V3NC2V3N Zagreb, Croatia Posts: 449
    i don't care.. if there is no layne, there is no chains
    one, two, three, four, five against one
    five, five, against one
  • Options
    C2V3N wrote:
    i don't care.. if there is no layne, there is no chains

I hear yah.. But its cool that they are changing th ename afterr the shows before they do a new album
    ††P®Gô'§ Ðøp€†† ¤¥Speaking As A Child Of The Nineties¤¥™
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    i need to hear the Alice tracks with Phil Anselemo like NOW fuck this William guy get Phil in as the new singer:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    I can't believe this hyppocrite Anselmo fucker joined remaining members on stage!!!
    I clearly remember how rude he behaved towards Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains and Soundgarden... He sent hostile messages in the press, he used to(?) have a bad mouth against Seattle rock and now he appears as an old school fan and friend??? Fuckin' bastard, your own Pantera fellaz' hate your ego, too...You were not even allowed to appear at Dimebag's funeral either... and now you change your principals??? Ridiculous weakness!!! I am not impressed at all, they should ask the Staind singer instead, at least he can sing and sounds similar!

I love AIC but I miss Layne very much... I really don't know what I should feel about reunion, it is a little bit needless and useless without Staley :(
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    I don't care that this has nothing to do with PJ ALICE IN CHAINS ARE BACK!!!!! Maybe some of you heard this already but had to say something.. tour dates @ www.aliceinchains.net!!!! The best part about this is I was like they better not get a new guy.. But they are but this is the last time they are going by the name Alice In Chains and are changing it. I don't know what they are changing it to.. BUT HOLY FUCK!!!!!
    and its 1996 again
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    DVDLUNADVDLUNA Posts: 8
    In case some of you didn't see this at MTV.com...

"If we found some other dude, I'd love to move on," Kinney said, "write some cool tunes and change the name and go on like that. I don't see continuing as Alice and replacing somebody. ... We're not trying to replace Layne. We want to play these songs one more time, and if it seems like the right thing to do, it'll happen. I don't know how long it will go or where it will take us. It's kind of a tribute to Layne and our fans, the people who love these songs. It's not some 'I'm broke and I need the money' situation. We love playing together."
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    In case some of you didn't see this at MTV.com...

"If we found some other dude, I'd love to move on," Kinney said, "write some cool tunes and change the name and go on like that. I don't see continuing as Alice and replacing somebody. ... We're not trying to replace Layne. We want to play these songs one more time, and if it seems like the right thing to do, it'll happen. I don't know how long it will go or where it will take us. It's kind of a tribute to Layne and our fans, the people who love these songs. It's not some 'I'm broke and I need the money' situation. We love playing together."

I'll do it. Move on with those guys in a new project that is. I wouldn't mind playing the old material, but I don't think that anyone could compare favorably to Layne Staley in that light.

Fortunately for them, they are at no loss for incredible musicians to come and play if they wanted to move on with a new name and continue to make music together.
  • Options
    http://s56.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=34P7OTFR1C4FZ3SIIE32EK5T4M

angry chair
    man in th ebox
    them bones
    would
    man in the box
    would

it was recorded with my digital camera.. so the quality isnt too hot.. but better then nothing i guess..

i'muploading Rooster now
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• Options
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• Options
    darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    It's nice to see the guys back, but if they do go on they better change their name!!! Layne Staley WAS Alice in Chains if you ask me...
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    Grrrle wrote:
    yeah how is alice in chains back when UHM they're singer is dead? come on...can you say "hey I need money" and "hey im gunna milk this for all it's worth" they should be ashamed...whats next a "nirvana reunion"

Give me a break. If they want to get back together and play music what the hell is the problem with that? So because Layne is dead they can't play music again? I'd rather listen to Jerry, Kinney, and Inez any day over 99.9% of the music that is out there today.
    I caught a flash of flash of your smile through the fog of a dream, I'll have a hell of a time I clearly see, I can't be by your side, see you when I sleep.
    - Jerry Cantrell "Gone"
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    It's nice to see the guys back, but if they do go on they better change their name!!! Layne Staley WAS Alice in Chains if you ask me...

Layne was certainly the voice that I most identify with the band, but Jerry wrote the music, or t least most of it as far as I know. Other bands have had to replace a critical member, and have still been able to move on and make good music. A band name is just a title under which to work. Sure, it also functions as a brnd for a certain set of musicians, but it can evolve into its own thing.

Under your logic, Pink Floyd should have changed their name, as well as AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Soundgarden, The Allman Brothers, The Who, and even Pearl Jam. What could possibly be more critical to a band than their drummer? Drummers change everything...often moreso than vocalists. When you get a new drummer, the entire energy of the band changes.

Just a thought or two. :)
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Grrrle wrote:

Spoken like somebody who has no idea who Jerry Cantrell is, not what his contribution to AIC was in terms of writing, performing and singing. Layne wasn't AIC.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options

Luckily Jerry didn't ask you, and I'm sure doesn't care. If you pick one person to be AIC it has to be Jerry. But AIC was more than just one individual.
  • Options
    ryantremor wrote:
    Give me a break. If they want to get back together and play music what the hell is the problem with that? So because Layne is dead they can't play music again? I'd rather listen to Jerry, Kinney, and Inez any day over 99.9% of the music that is out there today.

Absolutely! I saw their reunion show last year for the hurricane relief, and they totally kicked ass. Even Layne's mom attended the show in support of the guys, so the who "they should be ashamed" sentiment here is bullshit.
  • Options
    darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    enharmonic wrote:
    Layne was certainly the voice that I most identify with the band, but Jerry wrote the music, or t least most of it as far as I know. Other bands have had to replace a critical member, and have still been able to move on and make good music. A band name is just a title under which to work. Sure, it also functions as a brnd for a certain set of musicians, but it can evolve into its own thing.

Under your logic, Pink Floyd should have changed their name, as well as AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Soundgarden, The Allman Brothers, The Who, and even Pearl Jam. What could possibly be more critical to a band than their drummer? Drummers change everything...often moreso than vocalists. When you get a new drummer, the entire energy of the band changes.

Just a thought or two. :)

You know, maybe I should've refrased what I said a little bit. But I will say I can see why ppl would say Jerry is AIC bc yeah, he wrote a good portion of the music but still, Jerry wrote most of the songs on their earlier stuff, ie. Facelift and Sap. On Dirt it was mostly Layne and Jerry writing songs together, and then their later stuff, Jar of Flies and Tripod Layne starting writing most of the songs. But really Layne wanted to keep the band on a more underground level, kind of like the way Pearl Jam has kept themselves today, while Jerry wanted them to be huge. While I love every member of AIC and I LOVE JERRY CANTRELL'S SOLO STUFF, Layne Staley's voice is what attracted me to Alice in Chains.
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    kiainotkiainot Posts: 24
    this is too much for me, the last year I saw pearl jam after 15 years of waiting, i'm from argentina, and now alice's back, and they're thinking about touring sa, i love layne, but i'm pro reunion, i want to listen new stuff too!!.