Options

Fuck Reading + Leeds

Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
edited April 2006 in Other Music
like waht the fuck...
franz ferdinand AND Kaiser chiefs fucking are better than audioslave???

chris fuckign cornnell, sold like 50 million albums, one of the best vocalist ever, fucking genious. been in soundgarden, temple etc ! but these other two weiner bands ahead of them and have been around for like a year and just suck.

would have been cool if audioslave played on the same day pj...

also.... bad selection, placebo + my chemical romance with pj

eww!

anyway its great pj are playing a festival, so awesome :)

any thats my rant done

Ed
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    fucking genious.

almost lost me here.
    I BrisK I wrote:
    but these other two weiner bands

but then you redeemed yourself.
    "Many of Pearl Jam's most loyal fans are teenagers who do not have the money to pay the $50 or more that is often charged today for tickets to a popular concert...we have made a conscious decision that we do not want to put the price of our concerts out of the reach of many of our fans." 6/94
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    almost lost me here.

but then you redeemed yourself.

hahahahaha
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I BrisK I wrote:
    like waht the fuck...

chris fuckign cornnell, sold like 50 million albums

Ed

Franz are better than Audioslave IMO

50 million sales means fuck all... Cliff Richard has sold more than that... does that mean he should go in at top billing?

anyway, Franz and Kaiser have sold more units in the UK, where the festival is ;) than Audioslave... so it does probably mean they are more popular

you are, of course, entitled to your rant... uneloquent as it was :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
    I BrisK I wrote:
    like waht the fuck...

chris fuckign cornnell, sold like 50 million albums, one of the best vocalist ever, fucking genious. been in soundgarden, temple etc ! but these other two weiner bands ahead of them and have been around for like a year and just suck.

would have been cool if audioslave played on the same day pj...

also.... bad selection, placebo + my chemical romance with pj

eww!

anyway its great pj are playing a festival, so awesome :)

any thats my rant done

Ed

they are selling it for the UK audience. and Franz ferdinand are more popular than audioslave here....
    although i was reading a music magazine and they said that Franz were not gong to headline as they lost their cache....
  • Options
    V festival is alot worse

I thought this was a joke!

:D:D
    ♥ ♪ ♪
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    You're right, Franz Ferdinand are fucking AWFUL. I really wanna punch their lead singer hard in his smarmy little face. Audioslave piss all over them in every possible way. And to all the Audioslave haters, go crank up Cochise to a decent volume, preferrably so the walls are shaking, and then come back and say that song doesn't rock with concrete balls.

ahhhhh, I feel better now.
  • Options
    You're right, Franz Ferdinand are fucking AWFUL. I really wanna punch their lead singer hard in his smarmy little face. Audioslave piss all over them in every possible way. And to all the Audioslave haters, go crank up Cochise to a decent volume, preferrably so the walls are shaking, and then come back and say that song doesn't rock with concrete balls.

ahhhhh, I feel better now.

I could have told you it didn't 4 years ago, dude
  • Options
    Just cause Zack left.......

But then you weren't a Soundgarden fan anyway, right? So I don't expect you to really get it. I'm glad RATM ended, they were getting stale, it was time for something new.
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Well, I'm not a festival person at ALL... but looking at things in a totally different light, my immediate reaction to this line up was "HOLY SHIT!! AUDIOSLAVE, JACK WHITE and PEARL JAM all within the course of 3 days?!!?" :eek: <insert words here> :o :eek: *faints* OMG!!!!! I mean, really!!

I didn't realize any other bands were playing. ;)
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    Just cause Zack left.......

But then you weren't a Soundgarden fan anyway, right? So I don't expect you to really get it. I'm glad RATM ended, they were getting stale, it was time for something new.

There isn't really anything to "get" in the vapid poprock that Audioslave plays, in all honesty. I was actually a big Soundgarden fan, so don't say that I hate Audioslave because Zach isn't there. I hate them because they make bad music. And yeah, Battle of LA wasn't that great (had some good tracks on it), and Renegades was interesting, but not that strong.

Why is it always assumed that only RATM fans will dislike Audioslave? I was a fan of both bands that make them up and still think they are bad.
  • Options
    Echoes wrote:
    There isn't really anything to "get" in the vapid poprock that Audioslave plays, in all honesty. I was actually a big Soundgarden fan, so don't say that I hate Audioslave because Zach isn't there. I hate them because they make bad music. And yeah, Battle of LA wasn't that great (had some good tracks on it), and Renegades was interesting, but not that strong.

Why is it always assumed that only RATM fans will dislike Audioslave? I was a fan of both bands that make them up and still think they are bad.

right, so you didn't say "I'm not a huge Soundgarden fan either" in the other thread then?! make your mind up.

Musically the first Audioslave album is very similar to rage, which you like, so musically at least you should at least think it's ok. It just seems there are a lot of people out there that dislike this band out of principle that it isn't what they expected/wanted. Personally being a huge fan of both RATM and all things Cornell, this is a great match for me. Whilst I think they can write better stuff than they have, a song like Shadow on the sun is anything but "vapid poprock".
  • Options
    well, I'm a big fan of the singles I've heard, and thin Badmotorfinger is great, but I wouldn't consider myself a "Huge" fan, the kind who listens to and loves all the albums and non-album tracks and has copies of Ultraomega OK and louder than Love and all the other stuff they did. Does that help clear things up? I really like some songs but I am not a huge fan. Make sense? Yes? No? Does it matter?

And I noticed the first album did have a very similar sound, as morello was sticking to the same general riff styles that had helped make the rage sound unique. Unfortunately, it had all already been done and wasn't really all that interesting, and furthermore, his solos got really really bland (although I guess you could say they were kind of bland later in his RATM career too if you wanted). I'm sure they have songs that aren't all vapid, but crap like "Like a Stone" and whichever song had that atrocious 'I am a Virus' lineis pretty snore-tastic. And that new single/most of the new album? Bleech. But hey, exceptions to every rule
  • Options
    StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    Soundgarden do nothing for me.

Neither does "Audioslave"

Cornell in general does absolutely nothing for me.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • Options
    Echoes wrote:
    well, I'm a big fan of the singles I've heard, and thin Badmotorfinger is great, but I wouldn't consider myself a "Huge" fan, the kind who listens to and loves all the albums and non-album tracks and has copies of Ultraomega OK and louder than Love and all the other stuff they did. Does that help clear things up? I really like some songs but I am not a huge fan. Make sense? Yes? No? Does it matter?

And I noticed the first album did have a very similar sound, as morello was sticking to the same general riff styles that had helped make the rage sound unique. Unfortunately, it had all already been done and wasn't really all that interesting, and furthermore, his solos got really really bland (although I guess you could say they were kind of bland later in his RATM career too if you wanted). I'm sure they have songs that aren't all vapid, but crap like "Like a Stone" and whichever song had that atrocious 'I am a Virus' lineis pretty snore-tastic. And that new single/most of the new album? Bleech. But hey, exceptions to every rule

Like a stone, crap?! not a big lyrics kind of guy huh? That song, in my opinion (and I don't think I'm alone here) is one of Cornell's best, not only does he sing it with a lot of passion, but lyrically it is also a very moving song. I wonder how you would feel if the band didn't feature members of RATM, because lyrically and vocally, AS are pretty much as far removed from what RATM did, and on that basis, I can see how that would dissapoint you.

To me RATM were first and foremost a powerful sounding band that pretty much invented a genre all of their own. And whether you like it or not, Cornell is an amazing singer, who does bring a very different sound to the band, which when combined, in my opinion, is what makes them original.

Anyway this could go for a while, and I've gotta sleep. Hope the next album knocks you on your arse!!!!
  • Options
    StoneG82 wrote:

Temple of the dog? Not even Hunger strike?!
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    StoneG82 wrote:

what the fuck.

soundgarden fucking rock. what madnesss.. what albums you got ?