Options

Some more info on Army of Anyone album (Deleos, Richard Patrick)

yieldtomeyieldtome Posts: 67
edited March 2006 in Other Music
From thearmyofanyone.com:

According to a posting on harddriveradio.com (from January 23 - no clue why no one saw this earlier), these are some of the songs slated to be released on the upcoming AoA album:

- It Doesn't Seem to Matter
- Generation
- Father Figure
- Goodbye
- A Better Place
- Leave it
- Stop, Look & Listen
- Ain't Nuf
- Nonstop

Here is the full posting, sounds promising!

1/23: [..] Heard the ARMY OF ANYONE album and interviewed the guys on Friday! Ya heard it here first: This WILL be the ALBUM OF 2006! Hands down! If you want honest, good ole rock, resplendent with guitar solos and great textures, driving rhythms and outstanding vocals from the now sober RICHARD PATRICK, this will be your favorite record! I heard 7 of 9 songs and there wasn't one I didn't think couldn't be a single for cripes' sakes! The album is set for a June release and will be self-titled. (And the site is gonna be killer, but it is still a work in progress.) Songs I heard were: "It Doesn't Seem to Matter," "Generation," "Father Figure" (not a cover of George Michael's song!), "Goodbye," "Better Place," "Leave it", & "Stop, Look & Listen." The other two songs that ANDY WALLACE was working on in another studio were "Ain't Nuf" and "Nonstop." Can't wait for ya to hear some of the interview with RICHARD and ROBERT coming soon on hardDrive!.....

http://www.harddriveradio.com/docs/dirt.shtml

http://jaysmuseum.com/News.htm

Wait till you hear these guys!!

They're here to re invigorate the worlds love for rock / popular music. This bunch of larger than life, wonderful characters are none other than Richard Patrick of "Filter" Dean & Robert DeLeo of "Stone Temple Pilots and Ray Luzier of David Lee Roth's band.

I had the privilege of hanging out with these guys the other day in the studio as they were literally finishing a record the world is soon to come know and love. The music runs the gambit between more balls-to-the-wall than ever, ROCK with the DeLeo bros. signature synchronous chunky guitar and bass on a whole new level, to some lush, beautifully delivered ballads by Richard Patrick. And then there's THE DRUMMER, Ray Luzier who kills and brings out the best in all of them. Great songs first listen. I heard all the mixes (mixed by Andy Wallace, my hero) and the stuff sounds amazing. It does everything that great music is supposed to. I've got an idea that these guys wouldn't dig the term "super group" but they are the real deal.. I'm totally enamored.

This project sounds more than promising...I'm excited
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I'm pumped. I don't think that Richard and the Deleo's would know how to make a crappy album. Andy Wallace is mixing, anybody know who is producing? I am truly suprised at the lack of fanfare surrounding AoA. This album could seriously be the sleeper hit of the year in rock.
  • Options
    yieldtomeyieldtome Posts: 67
    I'm pumped. I don't think that Richard and the Deleo's would know how to make a crappy album. Andy Wallace is mixing, anybody know who is producing? I am truly suprised at the lack of fanfare surrounding AoA. This album could seriously be the sleeper hit of the year in rock.

Bob Ezrin (Pink Floyd, Alice Cooper, Kiss) produced it
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Hell yeah!!!!!!

I can't wait to hear this band, STP are one of my favourite bands ever, and Filter's Title of Record was the soundtrack to my first year at university. I've been checking the Army of Anyone website every week in the hope of an update, so thanks for the news!!!
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    yieldtome wrote:
    Bob Ezrin (Pink Floyd, Alice Cooper, Kiss) produced it

Ezrin produced two of the best Kiss albums, Revenge and Destroyer.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    bluemonkeybluemonkey Posts: 198
    i love the deleo's but i must say that i didn't have high hopes for this.i don't know why...but from what i'm reading,i'm fucking pumped!!!
  • Options
    Any info what the first single will be and when it will hit radio?
  • Options
    mattosbornemattosborne Posts: 339
    I'm really looking forward to this...

Aside from PJ of course, could be album of the year.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • Options
    dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    You know, i'm a HUGE stp fan. They're probably like my 3rd favourite band of all time. But the Deleos aren't the ones that made me love the band. Scott Weiland is what made the band imo and those guys wouldn't be anything without Scott.
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    You know, i'm a HUGE stp fan. They're probably like my 3rd favourite band of all time. But the Deleos aren't the ones that made me love the band. Scott Weiland is what made the band imo and those guys wouldn't be anything without Scott.

Since Scott doesn't play an instrument, to my knowledge, can one not assume that the Deleo brothers wrote the majority of the music? Meaning they were probably a little more important than you seem to think they were. I think STP were an incredible band, but as much as I love Weiland's lyrics and voice, I don't think he could seriously carry a band all by himself. You only have to look at VR to see that, they are a good band, who have the potential to be great, but currently I wouldn't say they are nearly at the level of STP.

I think AoA are going to be a great band. Richard Patrick has given up smoking and drinking, and his already decent voice has apparently really improved, to the point where I've heard his name mentioned in the same sentence as Chris Cornell - which if it was true, could be quite amazing.
  • Options
    mattosbornemattosborne Posts: 339
    Weiland the reason why STP were so great? I don't think so, don't get me wrong, I love Scott but, the Deleos had a great deal to do with the quality that was STP. All the evidence you need is the mediocrity that is Velvet Revolver.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    All the evidence you need is the mediocrity that is Velvet Revolver.

are you serious? i love that cd.

i'm off. g'night all.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    All i'm saying is that Scott's vocals is the thing that drew me to stp and not the guitars or anything.

Besides, the rest of the guys from stp made an album called Talk Show when Scott was in rehab and that went no where.

And Contraband is the best rock album to come out in a long, long time imo. I know alot of people here don't like it. But I fucking love it.