Options

The Frames?

TaftTaft Posts: 453
edited January 2006 in Other Music
Anyone here listen to The Frames? I have recently fallen in love with them, amazing band...

For those looking for new music, I implore you, for starters buy "Burn the Maps" and "Setlist", listen 5 times and you will be hooked.

Supposedly in Ireland they are bigger in the music scene than U2. I can see why.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    I got Burn the Maps a few weeks ago, unfortunately I've been pretty short on time and haven't had the chance to listen the album with attention... I think I've only heard it once so far, the music is beautifully well done, but I dunno, I wasn't impressed that much. However, as I tell you, I think I still owe the record a proper listen, I have the impression I missed something the first time.
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • Options
    I like them. I've seen them live a couple times, but after a while, I can't really take their music- I need it in very small doses.
  • Options
    eedheadeedhead Posts: 68
    Glen Hansard is treated like some kind of messiah in this country, to me he's just a glorified busker.
    " I demand to have more booze "
  • Options
    transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    Taft wrote:
    Supposedly in Ireland they are bigger in the music scene than U2. I can see why.
    so can I. I really like Burn the Maps.
  • Options
    TaftTaft Posts: 453
    barcoach wrote:
    I got Burn the Maps a few weeks ago, unfortunately I've been pretty short on time and haven't had the chance to listen the album with attention... I think I've only heard it once so far, the music is beautifully well done, but I dunno, I wasn't impressed that much. However, as I tell you, I think I still owe the record a proper listen, I have the impression I missed something the first time.

Definitely give it a few more chances, I wasn't blown away at first either, but after 5 listens I was hooked, great album.
  • Options
    62strat62strat Posts: 638
    The frames are great.

Setlist is an increidble live show, dance the devil is my favorite album.

So far ive only heard Fake from the new record. Love it.
  • Options
    great band!
    There's a trapdoor in the sun!
    2000 Pinkpop Festival, Netherlands
    2006 Arnhem, Netherlands
    2006 Antwerp, Belgium
    2007 Nijmegen, Netherlands
    2009 Philadelphia 4, PA
    2010 Bristow, VA
    2012 Amsterdam 1, Netherlands
    2013 Buffalo, NY
    2013 Baltimore, MD