Options

Built to Spill

edited April 2006 in Other Music
Anyone checkin out the new disc...Its pretty darn good!
http://www.myspace.com/bonodinner

Detroit x 2
Grand Rapids x 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    Considering getting it later this week. Give some more impressions
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Very Good impressions. I think it could be a little more rockin for my taste, but it has some all out rockers like going against your mind, conventional wisdom, and mess with time.

The others have some great melodic guitar work.

If you are a built to spill fan this is a no brainer GO GET IT.

I've only listened to it once through so far so it 's hard for me to give a more in depth review, but i can already tell i am going to dig this album a lot!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    Well I've never actually heard the band, but I've heard of them, a lot. I listened to the first track on VH1.com and it was pretty good, how does that stack up to the rest of the album? A lot of jamming type stuff, the song was about 8 minutes I think.
  • Options
    The first song may be the best... it seems to be the best on first listening at least, but again sometimes i need to digest things a little more.

Goin against your mind is quite a jam. I could be biased though i saw them play it last summer and i remember it becasue it was so fucking cool live!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    I'm liking the album, Goin' Against Your Mind and Conventional Wisdom are amazing songs.
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
  • Options
    InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    Haven't heard it. I only really like one Built to Spill song but it's one of my favorite songs of all time...I Would Hurt a Fly.
  • Options
    i've gotta get it this week!

I was supposed to see them tonight but the show got postponed until September :(
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Options
    i've gotta get it this week!

I was supposed to see them tonight but the show got postponed until September :(

THe show here in Atlanta as postponed until oct :(

The album is growing on me. It is a bit more somber then usual it seems, but i'm digging it.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    Martsch is a great guitar player and his solo stuff is pretty cool.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    Inkdaub wrote:
    Haven't heard it. I only really like one Built to Spill song but it's one of my favorite songs of all time...I Would Hurt a Fly.

if you like that song so buy 'perfect from now on'. it's on that album and the whole album is flawless. absolutely incredible. i think the new one is closer to that one in terms of sound and i like it a lot. though 'keep it like a secret' is excellent as well.