Options

Will Soundgarden EVER reform?

MetalGod75MetalGod75 Posts: 262
edited January 2006 in Other Music
IMHO Audioslave although very good in places just isnt as good as Soundgarden.Audioslaves albums just dont have the same diversity and colour that grace all the Soundgarden LPs.Will they ever reform?I sure hope so in the meantime i'll carry on listening to the next best thing Euphoria Morning.Opinions?:)
Cornell pwns u
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MetalGod75 wrote:
    IMHO Audioslave although very good in places just isnt as good as Soundgarden.Audioslaves albums just dont have the same diversity and colour that grace all the Soundgarden LPs.Will they ever reform?I sure hope so in the meantime i'll carry on listening to the next best thing Euphoria Morning.Opinions?:)

euphoria morning???? is that the solo chris cornell album.... if so the only song i really like on it is "pillow of your bones" and i highly doubt they will be getting back together

TY COBB
    ...And Leave You Be If You Cross Me And Shake Your Hand Like A Man Not A God!!!
  • Options
    While I love Audioslave dearly, and for the time being believe they need to stay in their form..sometime, down along the road..it would be just so incredible if they could reform and do at least a small tour..to experience that power and all..wow. But if it never happens, it never happens. I am still entirely grateful i get to see Audioslave. But also a nice little solo album once more..before Audioslave he was putting songs together for a second solo album..wonder what became of those songs...
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • Options
    Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    I hope they do not get back together! That would leave Pearl Jam without a drummer...again...
  • Options
    euphoria morning???? is that the solo chris cornell album.... if so the only song i really like on it is "pillow of your bones" and i highly doubt they will be getting back together

TY COBB
    oi.

Euphoria Morning was amazing.

i have no idea how you can even think something like that.

and they left off Sunshower which is also stunningly beautiful!

i find it annoying and confusing that you don't like it.... but whatever :rolleyes:

as for soundgarden... no they will never reform.

not ever.

a TOTD reunion show is the closest we'll ever get.

especially because Audioslave and Pearl Jam are doing so well. :)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    MetalGod75 wrote:
    Will they ever reform?I

unfortunately, no...:(:(:(:(:(:(
    "It was a kind of a sick, disturbed rock opera - if Nietzsche were to write a rock opera,"-Jeff Ament about Eddie's first three songs

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough, I'm fine now.
    Push me pull me. See ya later

<present tense inhabiter #0003 & Even Flow psycho #0036>
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,762
    i bet they'll reform to play a song or two when they get inducted into the R&R hall of fame. and thats probably it
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    i bet they'll reform to play a song or two when they get inducted into the R&R hall of fame. and thats probably it

hmm...this is a real possibility
    "It was a kind of a sick, disturbed rock opera - if Nietzsche were to write a rock opera,"-Jeff Ament about Eddie's first three songs

• Options
    BUENABUENA Posts: 165
    Ben Shepard is a talentless load and he doesn't deserve more cash.

However, if Soundgarden reformed with the original bass player I might be cool with that.
    "It's the American Dream I am disbelieving... When the gas in my tank feels like money in the bank... I’m gonna blow it all this time, take me one last ride..." - Gone (vedder)
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    BUENA wrote:

I never heard someone spew so much venom at Ben.

:p

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    That'll be in ten years or so.

I think that's a really terrific thing to look forward too :)

who'll induct them...? as if there's any doubt... Eddie/Pearl Jam. =)

"Make our day"
  • Options
    BUENA wrote:

holy shit, what did ben do to you? and i wouldn't call him talentless... hater and his work on those mark lanegan records are awesome.
  • Options
    holy shit, what did ben do to you? and i wouldn't call him talentless... hater and his work on those mark lanegan records are awesome.
    and he wrote a handful of terrific songs for Soundgarden.

See "Dusty".

*nods*

"Make our day"
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    and he wrote a handful of terrific songs for Soundgarden.

See "Dusty".

*nods*

I'll see your Dusty and raise you a Head Down.

:)
  • Options
    patw486patw486 Posts: 52
    i hope they dont reform. chris cornell's voice has detiorated so much from when he was in SG that it probably wouldnt sound too great.
  • Options
    oi.

Euphoria Morning was amazing.

i have no idea how you can even think something like that.

and they left off Sunshower which is also stunningly beautiful!

i find it annoying and confusing that you don't like it.... but whatever :rolleyes:

as for soundgarden... no they will never reform.

not ever.

a TOTD reunion show is the closest we'll ever get.

especially because Audioslave and Pearl Jam are doing so well. :)

i haven't heard it in like 4 or 5 years i'll probably check it out again but i can remember not liking it

4th of july
    ...And Leave You Be If You Cross Me And Shake Your Hand Like A Man Not A God!!!
  • Options
    all i have to say is that i wish i was born 10 years earlier!!!!
    in the past 3 years i have discovered;
    pearl jam, who i still have a chance to see someday!
    soundgarden (i can only imagine how good they were live)
    and STP

and what has god given us to relpace them with??? nickelback and a new scott strapp solo album!! WHAT DID I DO TO DISERVE THIS?!?!?!?!

:mad:

heres to hoping music picks itself back up in the next few years!!
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • Options
    i hope they reform. in fact, i think the sacrifice to give up matt cameron from pearl jam just so audioslave will never EVER make another record or perform live again is worth it. i can go 5 or so years without pearl jam doing anything live if it means audioslave will retire and soundgarden tours.
  • Options
    InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    I would love to see them reform but maybe it's best they don't. I have to agree that Chris doesn't sound very good these days. I don't know what the deal is but his voice was beautiful in Garden and in Audioslave it's mediocre at best. Maybe he just changed his style a bit and I like the old style...who knows.

I would also like to see Thayil in a band making music. The guy is such a great guitar player and I wonder what he's doing now?
  • Options
    i hope they reform. in fact, i think the sacrifice to give up matt cameron from pearl jam just so audioslave will never EVER make another record or perform live again is worth it. i can go 5 or so years without pearl jam doing anything live if it means audioslave will retire and soundgarden tours.

why do you hate audioslave so much?

• Options
    shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    why do you hate audioslave so much?
    exactly...i dont get whats so wrong with audioslave

u could put up a case against VR imho..but audioslave rocks
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    That'll be in ten years or so.

I think that's a really terrific thing to look forward too :)

who'll induct them...? as if there's any doubt... Eddie/Pearl Jam. =)

More like 6/7 years. Screaming Life was released in 1987.
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    I don't see it happening. I don't think that Chris could sing half of that material anymore. I also think that the ridiculous success of Superunknown took its toll on the band, and shortened their lifespan. You can't get that big without it messing up the internal dynamics of your band. History has proved it out too many times to discount the adverse impact of mega success. Sure, the money is great...but the pressure to maintain that level of success is just sick.

I don't think that they get enough credit. Hopefully that will change as time goes on.