Audioslave to finish recording new album in January

AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
edited December 2005 in Other Music
MTV.com is reporting that AUDIOSLAVE have already tracked a few songs for their third album with producer Brendan O'Brien, who's produced or mixed most of the major rock bands of the past 20 years, including SOUNDGARDEN and RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE.

"We've all worked with him before in our previous bands and we've already actually recorded a couple of songs with him for the new record and it was great," singer Chris Cornell said.

"He's an amazing guy, a great musician," added bassist Tim Commerford.

AUDIOSLAVE have 20 songs written and will return to the studio in early January to finish recording them.
LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
YNWA
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• T-CaseT-Case Posts: 186
    thats pretty cool, didnt Brendan O'Brien work with Nirvana or Pearl Jam?
    PJ at MSG in 2008! Mission Accomplished

The band all knows. We're too afraid to mention.
    Don't want to be part of Frank's luncheon.
    Lose weight. Be safe. Where's Mike McCready?
    My god he's been ate!
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    T-Case wrote:
    he did work with Pearl Jam yep..
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Brendan Obrien is a guitar whiz. Mike said Brendan did things, on guitar, that blew his mind. He also played the solo on Hard to Handly by the Crowes.
  • holy shit...

the grammys are in march right...?

they might be able to have 2 hit albums for the grammys...

that's insane
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    MTV.com is reporting that AUDIOSLAVE have already tracked a few songs for their third album with producer Brendan O'Brien, who's produced or mixed most of the major rock bands of the past 20 years, including SOUNDGARDEN and RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE.

"We've all worked with him before in our previous bands and we've already actually recorded a couple of songs with him for the new record and it was great," singer Chris Cornell said.

AUDIOSLAVE have 20 songs written and will return to the studio in early January to finish recording them.

Thats amazing!
  • danedane Posts: 1,062
    Wooohhooooo.....That's great news!! Hope the new album will be as good as the others. Hopefully they'll come and play in Denmark again.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Hopefully they will sound more diverse than they did on the first two. I really enjoyed the first album when it first came out, cause it was really cool to hear Cornell sing to Rage-esque music. However, I know find it kind of bland, and really didn't enjoy the second album. I hope that their sound has grown beause they are a band full of talent, and it would be a shame for it to go to waste.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • that's awfully soon after out of exile. i expected a little more from them on that album, and i dont think a year would be enough for a significant change to take place. then again, vitalogy came out the year after vs. and sounded a lot different, so we'll see i guess.
  • yeah brendan has had something to do with every PJ album except ten. he also produced all the ratm albums except renegades, and mixed superunknown. (among a million other kick ass things he's done). i kinda figured they'd work with him after he mixed their last album instead of rick rubin (who produced it)

-brent
    www.brentplaysdrums.com
  • mariposamariposa Posts: 2,523
    It's gonna be a great new year for music... :D

Hopefully new PJ, Sonic Youth bonus tracks....now Audioslave's working with Brendan.

Sweet. That's more like it.
    "All the strength that you might think would disappear, resolving..."
    mariposa wrote:
    It's gonna be a great new year for music... :D

Hopefully new PJ, Sonic Youth bonus tracks....now Audioslave's working with Brendan.

Sweet. That's more like it.
    Sonic Youth's new album "Sonic Life" should be out in 06 too ;)

YNWA
  • mariposamariposa Posts: 2,523
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Sonic Youth's new album "Sonic Life" should be out in 06 too ;)

Ah yes!

And I need my new Deftones next year too!
    "All the strength that you might think would disappear, resolving..."
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    T-Case wrote:

and Stone Temple Pilots
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • RHCP, Radiohead, and something to do with SMASHING PUMPKINS... most likely a tour.. hopefully plans for an album.. and almost surely a reuniting for 2006 :D

"Make our day"
  • VONVON Posts: 259
    :) Looks like 2006 is going to be a good year for new albums.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    so in review..

06 we got...

Pearl Jam
    Audioslave
    Red Hot Chili peppers
    Radiohead
    Sonic Youth
    and there are rumors of another Black Rebel Motorycle Club album already as well, theyre supposedly working on the follow up to Howl

looks like 2006 will be another good year in music like 05

As for this Audioslave news, I think thats awesome and I wish more bands still operated like this. You know...instead of like 3 years in between albums..like certain bands...i think you get the point lol
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
    new NIN is rumored for next year too

YNWA
  • Haha, they'll probably get it out before PJ. they better hit australia with it though.
    Benjamin, TouringVan 05/06

"Who is driving? Oh my god Bear is driving, how can that be?! ...Car full of midgets!"

Photobucket: MagicBus2006
  • danedane Posts: 1,062
    RHCP, Radiohead, and something to do with SMASHING PUMPKINS... most likely a tour.. hopefully plans for an album.. and almost surely a reuniting for 2006 :D

Hmmm. I've heard this thing about Smashing Pumpkins several times now and I'm beginning to believe it. Has anybody got more news on that?
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • I saw the slaves when they played in Toronto and they played a new song that was tentatively titled 'Sleight Of Hand', I thought it was pretty coincidental cuz of the PJ tune by the same name. They also played it at soem subsequent shows as well.
    05/02/03 Buffalo, 06/28/03 Toronto, 09/13/05 Hamilton, 09/19/05 Toronto, 05/09/06 Toronto, 05/10/06 Toronto
    Keep On Rockin In The Free World
    http://spaces.msn.com/brileys
  • dane wrote:
    Hmmm. I've heard this thing about Smashing Pumpkins several times now and I'm beginning to believe it. Has anybody got more news on that?
    well it's definetly going to happen one way or another.

Jimmy Chamberlin is in.. and Mellissa auf de maur is in as well...

hopefully we'll haev James too... but if he doesn't come billy will get someone else.

check out billy's myspace... he says he's got a big surprise "announcement" for us but we'll have to be patient.

hmmmm...

"Make our day"
  • new Tool in 06 as well hopefully....
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
    well it's definetly going to happen one way or another.

Jimmy Chamberlin is in.. and Mellissa auf de maur is in as well...

hopefully we'll haev James too... but if he doesn't come billy will get someone else.

check out billy's myspace... he says he's got a big surprise "announcement" for us but we'll have to be patient.

hmmmm...
    Auf der Maur is in?
    isnt she busy recording her second album?

YNWA
  • I was always strangely attracted to Melissa

anyway

Auidoslave's new album should be acoustic since they will probably just reproduce the same album again.........I thought they only cloned sheep. sorry, i'll stop now
  • Auidoslave's new album should be acoustic since they will probably just reproduce the same album again.........I thought they only cloned sheep. sorry, i'll stop now
    That made me chuckle!
    The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park.
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    This is super exciting news. The band really does just seem to be at such a creative peak, and just a peak in general. All of them are better than ever.It's a great time to be a fan no doubt. I can't wait for the new album & absolutely LOVE the fact that we don't really have to! :D
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • ucsbucsb Posts: 58
    WHoa!!! It was just a few months back i bought the second audioslave record on the first day so i could get the free ticket to see them perform live at the Hollywood blvd for the Jimmy Kimmell Show. ANother album already??? thats crazy. OUt of exile (and excellent album by the way) came out in May right?? thats pretty impressive

AxlUlrich wrote:

• T-Case wrote:
    an album a year...way to go audioslave!maybe pearl jam can use brendan and he can light a fire under their ass.......
  • U-RU-R Posts: 223
    oh this is great, they've put a new cover on the same shitful album again! lol
    if you love somebody, set them free. if somebody loves you, don't fuck up