Options

Soundgarden DVD anyone???

hakheadhakhead Posts: 32
edited January 2006 in Other Music
Alright, sorry if the subject of this thread has been mentionned before but I'm too lazy to go through all the threads... Anyway, I always wondered if We'll see the day when the ex-members of Soundgarden will release the DVD of any performances from their career. I know that we can see a clip of their show in "HYPE" but other than that, I can't find anything. I see all those new crappy bands out there releasing DVD every time they go take a shit but still nothing for Soundgarden. I remember back then when "MUSIQUE PLUS" (The Quebec "MTV") used to play the Guns n' Roses show in Paris where you could see a footage of Soundgarden playing as the opening band in Paris but I never got to record it.. Shit!!! Anyway, it sucks. I wish they would release something like Nirvana did with "Live, tonight, sold out"...
"You're not what you own"
Ian MacKaye, Fugazi

Wasn't there: Mtl 1998/08/20, Mtl 2000/10/04, T.O. 2003/06/28, Mtl 2003/06/29, Boston 2004/09/28, Mtl 2005/09/15, Ott 2005/09/16, T.O. 2005/09/19, T.O. 2006/05/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    i would love Soundgarden to release a dvd with all their videos and some live stuff...would be a great release.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i would love Soundgarden to release a dvd with all their videos and some live stuff...would be a great release.

Agreed! I'd buy it. Love Soundgarden.
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    oh man. *melts at the thought*
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    hakhead wrote:
    Alright, sorry if the subject of this thread has been mentionned before but I'm too lazy to go through all the threads... Anyway, I always wondered if We'll see the day when the ex-members of Soundgarden will release the DVD of any performances from their career. I know that we can see a clip of their show in "HYPE" but other than that, I can't find anything. I see all those new crappy bands out there releasing DVD every time they go take a shit but still nothing for Soundgarden. I remember back then when "MUSIQUE PLUS" (The Quebec "MTV") used to play the Guns n' Roses show in Paris where you could see a footage of Soundgarden playing as the opening band in Paris but I never got to record it.. Shit!!! Anyway, it sucks. I wish they would release something like Nirvana did with "Live, tonight, sold out"...

there is a Soundgarden Live in concert VHS from the badmotorfinger days, im sure you can find it on Ebay.... i mean "maybe" you can find it on Ebay
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    I have 4 bootleg video's. I don't know that SG ever recorded a video in their later years. Beyond Louder than Live and Motorvision, I've never seen official live footage.

SG were either really on, or really off live. I'd love to see a professionally shot concert from the DOTU days.
  • Options
    I heard that Cornell could easily out-perform Robert Plant back in his days with Soundgarden, and just by listening to a lot of Zeppelin and a lot of SG, it doesn't surprise me...
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee