Options

Blue by Alice in Chains

Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
edited March 2006 in Other Music
Came across this demo a while ago and absolutely fell in love with it but now I hear it isn't AiC but a song by a band called Thread. Is this true? If so, they are blatantly ripping AiC's sound but even so, it's a stunning song.
"I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    I'm pretty sure Blue is by AIC, and has been on some of the bootlegs that were early demos and stuff.

Yeah just had a look it's on the Tasty White Powder boot, and was recorded in '89.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    DeadermanDeaderman Posts: 49
    There's a strong rumor that it and a few other song are from a band called Thread. As soon as I know more, I'll post it here.
    Power without Perception is virtually useless and therefore of no true value
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    wooooooooooo

AIC!
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    I BrisK I wrote:
    wooooooooooo

AIC!

EXactly. :D

Hmmm, yeah I always thought BLUE was a rare AIC b-side. Interesting.

Have you all heard Fairy Tale Love Story??? Now that is one hell of a kick ass, rare track!! Super amazing Layne-ness.

((LONG LIVE AIC))
    :)
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    EXactly. :D

Hmmm, yeah I always thought BLUE was a rare AIC b-side. Interesting.

Have you all heard Fairy Tale Love Story??? Now that is one hell of a kick ass, rare track!! Super amazing Layne-ness.

((LONG LIVE AIC))
    :)

Yeah Fairytale Love Story is a great track, also Foolish(another one people argue isnt alice) kicks some serious arse.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    yeh Blue is great and so are all the songs mentioned aboved.
    pretty sure they are all by AIC
    another bunch of rarities from AIC i really like is their covers of Suffragette City and I Don't Want to Be a Soldier
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA